Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (67 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Well... kind of. Paratici and Nedved tried to act professional but only managed to show how the club was run by drama queens. Most of the time it felt like kids playing pretend-work wearing their parents clothes. So it was more "big picture" and the landing of Morata. So...
Paratici: You need to have a strategy and a plan A, B, C.
Then does something fancy, pretends to do important stuff.
Nedved: I do real work, important stuff. HEY, GIORGIO, YOU OLD!
Some time later...
Paratici and Nedved: WHAT DO WE DO WE HAVE NO STRIKER?!?!?!? WHAT CAN WE DO!?!
Both jump frantically around in a circle. Notices the cameras and then try to act cool and discusses it just the way they saw the Kardashians do it.
Paratici, pretending to be Kardashian with brown hair he saw: We make phone call people
Nedved, pretending to be blonde girl Karsashian he saw: DO IT NOW. Fix it. We under control. I go speak to Giorgio, he know biz.

Everything could have been an office episode. It should have ended with someone unwrinkle a piece of paper dropped by Paratici leaving the building. Showing it to the camera.
STRATEGY: RONALDO
PLAN A: PUT ON BIG SHOES
PLAN B: TALK BIG STUFF
PLAN C: DO. MAKE MONEY RAIN. THEN GET ICE CREAM.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We've signed/are signing too many 'experienced' players as per the coach's request. In a couple of years, we will need to replace most of our wingers and probably revamp our entire defense too.

Bare minimum would be challenging for the league until the end. As far as I see it, this is a 'winning now' project. Failure to do so should result in sacking.

No other coach would've been spared in Allegri's position for last season's results.
Just like we've signed too many young players the last 1,5 year. This can easily be 'fixed' in a transfer session. Nothing wrong with having some experience. It's only a problem when they don't perform anymore like Khedira, Chiellini or Mandzukic didn't at the end.

Of our squad only Bonucci, Di Maria & Cuads are really nearing their pension, no?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think you look more delusional with your forced pessimism and all this “doom” that is happening to our club. The problem is that beside arrogance there is nothin else you can add regarding the situation of the club before the season. Only whining and complaining and killing any vibe a fan should have before a season start. And we seem to finally be really active on the mercato trying to fix things like never before. After these poor two years the management is trying to fix all the mistakes Tici made in the past, and that is going slowly but at least we are heading in the right direction(Chiesa, Vlahovic, Locatelli, Pogba, Bremer, Fagioli). I know we need more players and we have holes as in LB, LW, SS but the deadwood we got is hard to sell all of them in one window.
I mean come on you’re acting like we got Bayern, Real Madrid and Manchester City in the league and that really the chances are non existent for us to win the league.
In reality as I said I don’t see any ITALIAN team to be better than us, they all have flaws and weak parts in their first eleven and their whole roster seem incomplete or at least one-two injuries to total collapse..
So to say that I’m overconfident it’s a bit silly at this point. I’m not talking about wining the champions league for fuck’s sake.. I’m talking about serie A. Last year Milan won because Inter and Juventus choked.. Milan played with mediocre players except Leao, Theo, Giroud and Magnan(All had a great season).. We had Dybala and Chiesa Injured for almost whole season.. Imagine if Milan played without Leao or Theo , or Inter had Brozovic or Barella injured they would suffer and lose a lot of points...The great Atalanta lost Zapata in winter they went from 3d to 8th place in a month.. etc etc.
My point is that Italian teams are vulnerable and there is not one favorite that could easily win the scudetto this year. So if you don’t see Juventus as a team who will fight till the end and have big chances of wining the title then what’s your point of being a supporter at all.
Realism is not forced pessimism. What makes you think we are primed to win? We have an imbalanced squad, and our bench options aren't exactly stellar. We also possess a coach who hasn't truly evolved since he's been away from the game, and our team is always one or two injuries away from disaster - given our track record, it's bound to happen. I mean, if it can happen to other teams, it's surely going to happen to us.

You also have to factor in the World Cup. What state/condition will the players return in? How fit will both Pogba and Di Maria, two key cogs in the machine, be after December?

We've changed too many players, and a lot of the leaders we had in our squad are gone. It will take time for the team to gel and play as a unit. By that time, both Milan and Iner might be too far ahead - they have enjoyed more consistency as opposed to us in more recent times. I'm not saying they have better squads, although you could make a case for The Merda Cunts, but they both function better as teams at present.

It's foolish to suggest that we're favorites, especially after coming off back-to-back consecutive 4th place finishes. I'm not saying it's impossible that we win Serie A, just improbable.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I think you look more delusional with your forced pessimism and all this “doom” that is happening to our club. The problem is that beside arrogance there is nothin else you can add regarding the situation of the club before the season. Only whining and complaining and killing any vibe a fan should have before a season start. And we seem to finally be really active on the mercato trying to fix things like never before. After these poor two years the management is trying to fix all the mistakes Tici made in the past, and that is going slowly but at least we are heading in the right direction(Chiesa, Vlahovic, Locatelli, Pogba, Bremer, Fagioli). I know we need more players and we have holes as in LB, LW, SS but the deadwood we got is hard to sell all of them in one window.
I mean come on you’re acting like we got Bayern, Real Madrid and Manchester City in the league and that really the chances are non existent for us to win the league.
In reality as I said I don’t see any ITALIAN team to be better than us, they all have flaws and weak parts in their first eleven and their whole roster seem incomplete or at least one-two injuries to total collapse..
So to say that I’m overconfident it’s a bit silly at this point. I’m not talking about wining the champions league for fuck’s sake.. I’m talking about serie A. Last year Milan won because Inter and Juventus choked.. Milan played with mediocre players except Leao, Theo, Giroud and Magnan(All had a great season).. We had Dybala and Chiesa Injured for almost whole season.. Imagine if Milan played without Leao or Theo , or Inter had Brozovic or Barella injured they would suffer and lose a lot of points...The great Atalanta lost Zapata in winter they went from 3d to 8th place in a month.. etc etc.
My point is that Italian teams are vulnerable and there is not one favorite that could easily win the scudetto this year. So if you don’t see Juventus as a team who will fight till the end and have big chances of wining the title then what’s your point of being a supporter at all.
You are the most optimistic fan.

Mar 12, 2019
Realism is not forced pessimism. What makes you think we are primed to win? We have an imbalanced squad, and our bench options aren't exactly stellar. We also possess a coach who hasn't truly evolved since he's been away from the game, and our team is always one or two injuries away from disaster - given our track record, it's bound to happen. I mean, if it can happen to other teams, it's surely going to happen to us.

You also have to factor in the World Cup. What state/condition will the players return in? How fit will both Pogba and Di Maria, two key cogs in the machine, be after December?

We've changed too many players, and a lot of the leaders we had in our squad are gone. It will take time for the team to gel and play as a unit. By that time, both Milan and Iner might be too far ahead - they have enjoyed more consistency as opposed to us in more recent times. I'm not saying they have better squads, although you could make a case for The Merda Cunts, but they both function better as teams at present.

It's foolish to suggest that we're favorites, especially after coming off back-to-back consecutive 4th place finishes. I'm not saying it's impossible that we win Serie A, just improbable.
No You sad that believing that Juve will win the scudetto is being overconfident and delusional..And that my friend isn’t being a realist.
In the other hand I don’t see it that way and I tried to explain my point of view. I never said we gonna dominate the league or that we’ll win every game against or opponents. I said that when i see the other teams and this new Juve chances to win are bigger than last year and after reading pages and pages about how we gonna flop this season and that other teams arw quite better than us I had to write that I really think we can win the scudetto this year. Last year we were weaker and that Ronaldo fiasco st the begining of the season cost us 10 pts. This year we’ll start more prepared and our injured players are gonna come back in the team, and Allegri will find a formula to take wins. (remember last year 6-7 games we won 1-0 in a row, this year I expect we’ll do better runs) Our midfiled is quite improved with Pogba and Fagioli instead of Arthur and Rabiot who were shit. Also we had Morata and Kean until december last yeat, Now we have Vlahovic and most likely Depay which is an upgrate.

You talk about the world cup, but the same will happen to the other teams (which I remind you they are not City, Madrid or Munich) and I believe we can bring someone even in the winter mercato as we did last year if there is a clear hole in our team after the first part of the season before the WC starts..

We can continue like this for days but I guess our “realism” it’s quite different and therefore non existent. We can say better that I’m an optimist and you the pesimist about this season and time will tell in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)