Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (46 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2016
I’d also prefer us to perhaps move on and look somewhere else for a longer term solution as well but i don’t think there are that many other more affordable options on the market at this moment that can guarantee us cover for two positions while also not requiring any adaptation period and being ok with sitting on the bench too when required.
Fair point , but Morata should not be anything else than a last resort solution imo. We have tried this for how many years now? i know people here love Morata but at some point you have to change strategy

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Rusty Doris pls

@Alin better?
Yup i even remember asking him at some point who is that supposed to be as he was referencing to that nickname quite often and i’d be lying if i say i was at all surprised to eventually find out it was Raspadori because the Rusty Doris nickname really happens to somehow fit him like a glove… :lol:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I have some reservations of my own regarding that idea but i’ll rather let @Bianconero81 do the talking on this one. :lol:
Rusty Doris is a Jabroni in the making. Eclectic and young, he has deceived many. The guy should be nothing more than a bench option on a Lazio/Roma type team. He's a dime a dozen type of player. Good? Perhaps. Good enough to start for Juventus? Only if we harbor ambitions of competing against Lazio and Roma for a Europa League spot.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Rusty Doris is a Jabroni in the making. Eclectic and young, he has deceived many. The guy should be nothing more than a bench option on a Lazio/Roma type team. He's a dime a dozen type of player. Good? Perhaps. Good enough to start for Juventus? Only if we harbor ambitions of competing against Lazio and Roma for a Europa League spot.
I was sure i could count on you for this one! Cheers. :wine:

Jun 16, 2020
GDM:
Juventus will pay 41 million plus 9 million in bonuses (of which 4 are easily accessible). The player's medical examinations are already scheduled for tomorrow: he will receive a contract worth 6 million net a year, including bonuses.

Those figures looks high, but let's wait for official statement, GDM might try to save Marotta s face
If this is true then we got ourself a unsellable player again.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yesh, Zaniolo is not happening. Morata it is. only missing piece is who will cover Bernadeschi. I wouldn`t complain if we sign Kostic, Morata and Belotti with Kean going for Paredes.
That would be a shitty conclusion to the mercato. With the exception of Kostic, all other names mentioned are duds. Parepiss is a giant POS and a waste of wages (with no resale value). We already know what Morata offers, so there's more money down the drain, and Belotti has been absolutely atrocious for the past two years.

I'd rather we just kept Kean, went for Zaniolo and trusted our young mids.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So the money from the sales of De Ligt, Demiral and Mandragora went to funding Vlahovic and Bremer. We've drastically reduced the wage bill, so we definitely have money to spend. The question is, who do we bring in, and how can we get rid of Arturd, Fagiot the French (Baguette) Fondler, and Glassmsey?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
?

Was De Ligt unsellable after a €75 mil transfer plus on significantly higher wages? No. You can bring up age, but Bremer plays a position where players routinely play into their mid-late 30s. He’s only just entering the beginning of his prime.
Welcome back fucker. I thought a Yeti kidnapped you and raped you in the Canadian wilderness.

Jun 16, 2020
:sergio:
Some people just can’t stop complaining.
This is not about complaining just to complain like some here do.

Lets not forget our situation. Costa, Ramsey, Higuain, Bernardeschi and many others proved to be unsellable after we gave them wages to much for their respective level. Even with almost zero book value we struggled massively to get them off the books, and we’re still in that process. And of all those players I only expected Ramsey to fail and I was quite happy with Bernardeschi, Costa and Higuain.

I don’t want us to handle situations the same like we did before; offering more salary then Inter did so that the player will sign for us. Let’s avoid getting caught in the moment. I like how we handled the transfers regarding Locatelli and Chiesa.

Im happy with Bremer but the hard truth remains that we seem to overpay, and if we do some maths he’d be as expensive as De Ligt was in the books, so zero to none financial improvement. I thought that sustainability was a red line that we were going to follow in these coming years. There’s always the risk of players failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)