Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Well, he is good as a sub, yes. But he would be a starter 'till Chiesa fully returns. He's 31 and so I guess he's looking for a last long deal while he's not good enough for Juve. Atalanta is also a pain in the ass to deal with so he probably won't come cheap either.
He plays for Atalanta. A club where Demiral is one of the top earners.

He also has a terrific scoring record coming off the bench.

Excellent alternative to Morata who's too expensive a sub to afford.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012

Really? I thought he was Serie A’s best sub last season or something.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I’m all for targeting young players. However, you also need a balance. Currently the team won’t have a lot of experience once Dybala and Chiellini leave.

I don’t have an issue with picking up a couple of quality players who are 30 and 34 respectively on free transfers albeit with high wages.

Only real concern is injuries. The club is cursed when it comes to injuries and Pogba has recently been quite injury prone.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I’m all for targeting young players. However, you also need a balance. Currently the team won’t have a lot of experience once Dybala and Chiellini leave.

I don’t have an issue with picking up a couple of quality players who are 30 and 34 respectively on free transfers albeit with high wages.

Only real concern is injuries. The club is cursed when it comes to injuries and Pogba has recently been quite injury prone.
A couple…

Di María 34
Perisic 33
Muriel 31
Pogba is 30 next year…

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

Of course his salary won't be a problem, his transfer sum nd contract length might. These kind of players shouldn't get longer deals than 1-2 years.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
We should definitely raid Atalanta this year and try to get some of these for cheap:
- Zapata
- Malinovskyi
- Muriel
- Pasalic
- Koopmeiners
- Maehle

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Nope. Just no. No thanks. They're system players. We should definitely not be raiding Atalanta, in a year when they're about to have their worst season in some time. Where's the logic in that?
Right, lets raid City, Bayern and Real for their stars...

The above players are better than a lot of the expensive and lazy shit that we have. So if we can get rid of our deadwood and add a few cheap but good players from our league then we can splash on a few key players too.

- Rugani, Chiellini, Dee Shitleo, Rabiot, Morata, Kean, Arthur, Kennie etc. Get rid of it.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Nope. Just no. No thanks. They're system players. We should definitely not be raiding Atalanta, in a year when they're about to have their worst season in some time. Where's the logic in that?
Totally, maybe bar Koopmeiners who i find to be a very good, buying from Atalanta is never good idea. Those players were all medocre in their team before La Dea.
Regarding Pogba, I dont think his age is that big of the issue, as we really need some experience too, but his injuryies are hard to ignore, really we are risking here, though if he can stay healthy its worth the risk.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Pogba if we can get him we absolutely should, get Paul and bring back Fagioli

Pogba Locatelli Mckennie

Rabiot Fagioli Zakaria

We won't be able to sell Rabiot i dont think

Di Maria on a favourable short deal we should as well but we need someone else as well

Chiesa Vlahovic Zaniolo

Di Maria Kean Cuadrado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)