Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (47 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I was against Chiesa until I realised that he can play RWB. Now that Danilo plays as a RCB, we need another player besides Cuadrado on the right.
Same here, i was like meh dont needed.... But this idea of playing him as a wingback/rb is great.

I think we have enough attackers and i think kulu is more solid than him on the right wing.... But chiesa is undoubtwly talented and driven.... But most importantly, we dont have a cuadrado variant and we all know that there are games were cuads is injured or simply playing super retarded and in need of a sub. Chiesa could be the man for the job.... And to be honest he could even bench cuadrado if his defensive output is good

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
40 million good deal.
Something that can help us is that fiorentina could be analyzing what happened to delaurentis with millik.... So they could be thinking that they better sell him now than losing him for free. And since it seems thay chiesa is hardballing for us, maybe tici can do more

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
in which position? wingback or winger? because davies is a defensive player, he'd make a good wingback, but chiesa can't defend at all, and won't learn it at this age.
Davies was a winger who was converted to LB, and Chiesa CAN defend, lol

gotta love some tuttosport "news" :baus: like lyon could afford costa's wages...
We just signed Morata. Why would you think it's Lyon's Dembele? It's TS, they're ding a lings, but not The Sun.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Same here, i was like meh dont needed.... But this idea of playing him as a wingback/rb is great.

I think we have enough attackers and i think kulu is more solid than him on the right wing.... But chiesa is undoubtwly talented and driven.... But most importantly, we dont have a cuadrado variant and we all know that there are games were cuads is injured or simply playing super retarded and in need of a sub. Chiesa could be the man for the job.... And to be honest he could even bench cuadrado if his defensive output is good
I think it’d be only a matter of time until Chiesa benched Cuadrado. Also, Cuadrado will be 33 by seasons end with one year left on his contract. Get his successor now, let him get acclimated to the team and then go time.

- - - Updated - - -

What’s up with this dembele rumor? Where would he even play? Genuine question because I’m not that familiar with his game. Can he play the Cuadrado role or is he purely an attacking player?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Something that can help us is that fiorentina could be analyzing what happened to delaurentis with millik.... So they could be thinking that they better sell him now than losing him for free. And since it seems thay chiesa is hardballing for us, maybe tici can do more
We had a agreement with Chiesa last summer. Then Commisso came and he didn’t wanted to sell his star player as he didn’t wanted to have the fans against him when he just arrived at Fiorentina.

Asking price pre-crisis was 70m as reports were saying. I think it’s exaggerated considering Chiesa had a difficult season (was playing as a striker in 352 with Montella), because he probably wants to leave and the fact that every player dropped a bit in value due to the crisis. Quick Google search made me find a quote from Commisso at the beginning of September saying that ‘Chiesa can leave if the right offers arrives’.

Maybe 40 + bonus is realistic. He has a contact till 2022 but doesn’t want to renew it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Hydde Chiesa is not an RB and is not a defensive wing player, he can hustle alot and pressure/recover possession with grinta, but dont expect him to be someone he is not, atleast full time. He is first and foremost an attacking winger with really high motor. He can do the role Cuadrado was doing in the Samp game, because it seemed to be an RM role with primarily attacking/keeping width tasks. But Chiesa is too good of an offensive player to think he is a candidate natural fullback/wingback. He can do a serviceable job there, and overally rotate everywhere except CM in the midfield and attack, but dont think he plays as far down the wing as Cuadrado does in that wing. But he might suit what Pirlo wants from his 3-4-3 well, super direct and aggressive footie that attacks in waves. Atleast based on first game.

Why do you think it wouldn’t work

My eyes tells me this Bernadeschi is a limited brainless player who wouldnt suddenly improve because you add defensive tasks to his plate /even if wingback is a simple/straight forward role). Plus I seen him in Viola and Azzurri in this role, was just average, nothing out of the norm there. And thats back when he was better as a player, he has regressed alot. Plus he is severely left footed player who has the instinct to allways cut like its hard coded into his program, him getting stuck in sitautions and not being able to drive in as well will be a struggle for him compared to what he is used to. He can be emergency backup at times there, but to call him a solution for this role? Thats reaching, I'm not sure what its based on?

I truly hope he would prove me wrong and he is a success there, heck anywhere in the pitch, if he can be good, use him there. But he has been useless 2 years straight despite being a skilled enough player, but too low of football IQ to use the tools he has.

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
@Hydde Chiesa is not an RB and is not a defensive wing player, he can hustle alot and pressure/recover possession with grinta, but dont expect him to be someone he is not, atleast full time. He is first and foremost an attacking winger with really high motor. He can do the role Cuadrado was doing in the Samp game, because it seemed to be an RM role with primarily attacking/keeping width tasks. But Chiesa is too good of an offensive player to think he is a candidate natural fullback/wingback. He can do a serviceable job there, and overally rotate everywhere except CM in the midfield and attack, but dont think he plays as far down the wing as Cuadrado does in that wing. But he might suit what Pirlo wants from his 3-4-3 well, super direct and aggressive footie that attacks in waves. Atleast based on first game.

My eyes tells me this is a limited brainless player who wouldnt suddenly improve because you add defensive tasks to his plate /even if wingback is a simple/straight forward role). Plus I seen him in Viola and Azzurri in this role, was just average, nothing out of the norm there. And thats back when he was better as a player, he has regressed alot. Plus he is severely left footed player who has the instinct to allways cut like its hard coded into his program, him getting stuck in sitautions and not being able to drive in as well will be a struggle for him compared to what he is used to. He can be emergency backup at times there, but to call him a solution for this role? Thats reaching, I'm not sure what its based on?

I truly hope he would prove me wrong and he is a success there, heck anywhere in the pitch, if he can be good, use him there. But he has been useless 2 years straight despite being a skilled enough player, but too low of football IQ to use the tools he has.
Mmm him being strictly left footed could be an issue..

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Dude only read the top part for Chiesa, I'm talking about Bernadeschi on the bottom half :lol: How did you think it was Chiesa??? (I edited in Berna's name in case someone misses the naunces majorly like you did :D) Chiesa is quite right footed, but he can shoot decently with his left too.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
who is left footed? Chiesa? Lmao, no he’s not.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude only read the top part for Chiesa, I'm talking about Bernadeschi on the bottom half :lol: How did you think it was Chiesa??? (I edited in Berna's name in case someone misses the naunces majorly like you did :D) Chiesa is quite right footed, but he can shoot decently with his left too.
Ok I was gonna say wut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)