Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (92 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
As if playing wingback/fullback is an easy task. As if those players are not spending their entire careers practicing defensive movements, tactics, marking, tackling, heading, sliding, fouling etc.

Jun 16, 2020
he can press. but would you use him as a fullback or a wingback? i won't.
We still have Danilo and Cuadrado of course. That’s my whole point; at least try it. I wasn’t expecting Cuadrado to grow so much defensively, he was making tackles all the time when he started to play as a back. There’s still a difference between wingback and fullback of course.

I need to speak with Pirlo.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Cuadrado was playing in midfield against Samp, defensively. You could argue that Chiesa's best position is the same, RM in a 4-4-2.

In attack, he just provides width so Dybala/Kulusevski has the half-space open, and the defensive line is stretched.

I could see Chiesa playing this position. The only area he would certainly trail Cuadrado is in defensive transition, as Cuadrado is probably one of our smartest players in transition, immediately finding the weak spaces in our shape and running into them.

But on the other hand, Chiesa offers the attacking work rate to play *sometimes* in the AM position that Ramsey and Kulu were playing. Will he score a curler or provide 6 key passes, probably not. But he could attack the spaces at least.

Really, if you sign both Gosens and Chiesa, the team looks really strong.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Something that can help us is that fiorentina could be analyzing what happened to delaurentis with millik.... So they could be thinking that they better sell him now than losing him for free. And since it seems thay chiesa is hardballing for us, maybe tici can do more
Yea i agree there is no chance we would of got cheisa i think for 40 million pre covid but i would be very happy with this deal as he is a usefull young player that can cross, good with both feet and has alot of pace and works hard. We are lacking good wingers for a long time now.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
People talking about Chiesa as a RWB - He can play there but do you really think we would sign him to play as RWB?! It will be a misuse of a player.
Bernardeschi RWB/LWB - I can understand why we would like to experiment with it as the guy has been quite useless and finding a value for him is important if we want to somehow use or get rid of him...

Of course we shouldnt play Bernardeschi as a starter and we should definitely not sign Chiesa to play RWB...

And.. There are the geniuses that say Kulusevski as a RWB - Yeah.. Lets take a player that has been scoring and assisting on a regular basis and play him as a RWB because he can play there as well.. Talking about misusing a player and wasting talent...

- - - Updated - - -

this seems like a recycled tweet at this point. Don’t think we even need him tbh. Let Vrioni backup Morata.
I wouldnt mind him as backup but I dont think we are looking for one

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
And.. There are the geniuses that say Kulusevski as a RWB - Yeah.. Lets take a player that has been scoring and assisting on a regular basis and play him as a RWB because he can play there as well.. Talking about misusing a player and wasting talent...
In the formation we saw last week, the “rwb” is really a RM defensively and a RW offensively. and I don’t think there’s anyone that thinks that’s his permanent spot, but rather another way to get him in the lineup with Dybala.

Regista_21

Sep 20, 2020
People talking about Chiesa as a RWB - He can play there but do you really think we would sign him to play as RWB?! It will be a misuse of a player.
Why do you think so? Chiesa has endless stamina and covers the whole flank, that's the key quality in wingback. He's not much of an attacking midfielder or striker in my opinion, good skill on the ball but poor finishing. Who would you consider as the best option for new RWB? Cuadrado isn't getting any younger...

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Why do you think so? Chiesa has endless stamina and covers the whole flank, that's the key quality in wingback. He's not much of an attacking midfielder or striker in my opinion, good skill on the ball but poor finishing. Who would you consider as the best option for new RWB? Cuadrado isn't getting any younger...
Chiesa is tailor made for Cuadrados role.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
In the formation we saw last week, the “rwb” is really a RM defensively and a RW offensively. and I don’t think there’s anyone that thinks that’s his permanent spot, but rather another way to get him in the lineup with Dybala.
Maybe but I still wouldnt take him for that role. Also I would play Cuadrado before Chiesa any day of the week..

- - - Updated - - -

First of - Cuadrado for the next 2-3 years>Chiesa at this position
Second thing - D.Alves kind of player and this is why I was so impressed by Dest youtube videos.

Dont get me wrong Chiesa is good but for the price Fiorentina are asking we could do better.
Also it doesnt really matter what we think but more of where Pirlo is thinking about playing him and I dont think the answer is the RWB position

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Maybe but I still wouldnt take him for that role. Also I would play Cuadrado before Chiesa any day of the week..

- - - Updated - - -

First of - Cuadrado for the next 2-3 years>Chiesa at this position
Second thing - D.Alves kind of player and this is why I was so impressed by Dest youtube videos.

Dont get me wrong Chiesa is good but for the price Fiorentina are asking we could do better.
Also it doesnt really matter what we think but more of where Pirlo is thinking about playing him and I dont think the answer is the RWB position
Cuads is going on 33 years old arent we looking to freshen up and bring in younger and hungry players into the side ? so Cheisa fits the bill.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Cuads is going on 33 years old arent we looking to freshen up and bring in younger and hungry players into the side ? so Cheisa fits the bill.
competition is never a bad thing. I don’t even know who Cuadrados backup is right now. De Sciglio and Danilo dont offer much going forward and are better fit in that RCB/LCB role. Maybe Kulu, but thats not his ideal role either.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
competition is never a bad thing. I don’t even know who Cuadrados backup is right now. De Sciglio and Danilo dont offer much going forward and are better fit in that RCB/LCB role. Maybe Kulu, but thats not his ideal role either.
Options are never a bad thing to have and there is plenty of games for both of them to go around but cuads is getting on bit now Chiesa is the much better long term option and he still really young, has alot more upside to come.

Regista_21

Sep 20, 2020
Options are never a bad thing to have and there is plenty of games for both of them to go around but cuads is getting on bit now Chiesa is the much better long term option and he still really young, has alot more upside to come.
Plus, if we believe the reports, Chiesa isn't interested in other offers and waits for Juve. Which means he'll fight hard for his place once he's in Turin. That's exactly the enthusiasm which Pirlo wants to inject in the team.

I understand why some posters aren't excited by Chiesa because he's not a flair player scoring and assisting a lot, but for the RM/RWB position he's ideal. I think his potential might be higher than even peak Cuads.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Cuadrado was playing in midfield against Samp, defensively. You could argue that Chiesa's best position is the same, RM in a 4-4-2.

In attack, he just provides width so Dybala/Kulusevski has the half-space open, and the defensive line is stretched.

I could see Chiesa playing this position. The only area he would certainly trail Cuadrado is in defensive transition, as Cuadrado is probably one of our smartest players in transition, immediately finding the weak spaces in our shape and running into them.

But on the other hand, Chiesa offers the attacking work rate to play *sometimes* in the AM position that Ramsey and Kulu were playing. Will he score a curler or provide 6 key passes, probably not. But he could attack the spaces at least.

Really, if you sign both Gosens and Chiesa, the team looks really strong.
Yeh pretty much think the same.

At least we will have a lot of options to experiment

- - - Updated - - -

so Tici crew have 10 days to

terminate Khedira
sell Costa
sell De Sciglio
sell Rugani

obviously not all of those will end up happening, but the first two should be the priority. Get that done and then buy Chiesa and maybe another depth piece.

- - - Updated - - -

please god

- - - Updated - - -

here we go?
*Insert @Lion Banderas gif*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)