Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Take down the 45m option to like 30m, and then maybe I would be fine with it.
Same. Much more reasonable. But just like Roma, they will know that we are desperate for a striker, so I can see the numbers being accurate. I get he can be useful for our play, but just not for the numbers mentioned. If these are true, i very much prefer Dzeko for two years.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Morata is more mobile and much better at pressing than the other options we've been linked with. So in theory he should fit Pirlo's way of playing quite well.
Thats my problem, every option is completely different, looks like we dont knownr what we need expect that he has to be centre forward.
I think our attack last season badly lacked a target man through the middle and a striker who can get in behind.

As a target man you can't get much better than Dzeko. Milik would also have given that presence, although nowhere near as good. Suarez seemed just like one of those "market opportunities" we seem unable to turn down.

Morata would at least be someone who can get in behind and has the bonus of being is decent in the air. Although nowhere near a target man. I don't think he has the mentality to be a main striker but maybe with Ronaldo and Dybala he wouldn't need to be. I still would prefer a system more like last night and him as a different option instead of a regular starter.

I think for the short term based on the balance of the squad, Dzeko and Kean would have been a good fit. Depends how short term focused we are though.

I'd be happy with Morata on loan with a decent priced option (not obligation) to bring something different to the squad.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
55 mil for Morata is way to much. If he was the Morata from Juve, yes , but he was at Madrid , Chelsea and Atleti where he was very poor.
I would not pay more than 25 for him now. How many times wasn't he on the bench lately? If we are looking for a Dzeko replacement then Giroud is a better fit
not as good as Dzeko but he is a target man good with his head and a team player and the price will be low. Another plus.
you and I know that if Morata arrived we would never pay his buyout option, just simply doing it so atletico are more likely to agree.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
what about morata with loan+option (no obligation under any condition), then send him back next summer, and pay that infamous haaland clause?
If we shoot for short term - Dzeko makes sense way more than Morata as he is definitely better and age doesnt really matter in short term.
Also Im not sure its one of.. We might find ourselves with both players..
P.S D.C is being suited by both Man Utd and Wolves.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Then it would be what, €10m for loaning Morata? Wouldn't exactly be great business either.
Do we have any option?

Damned if we pay 15 mill for Dzeko for 2 years
Damned if we pay 10 mill with option for Morata
Damned if we sign nobody
Damned because Italy don't dish out passports within hours of taking an exam
Damned because milik is crying over some insignificant amount owed which is holding things up

- - - Updated - - -

If we shoot for short term - Dzeko makes sense way more than Morata as he is definitely better and age doesnt really matter in short term.
Also Im not sure its one of.. We might find ourselves with both players..
P.S D.C is being suited by both Man Utd and Wolves.
wolves? 40 mill or swap for Jimenez

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I think our attack last season badly lacked a target man through the middle and a striker who can get in behind.

As a target man you can't get much better than Dzeko. Milik would also have given that presence, although nowhere near as good. Suarez seemed just like one of those "market opportunities" we seem unable to turn down.

Morata would at least be someone who can get in behind and has the bonus of being is decent in the air. Although nowhere near a target man. I don't think he has the mentality to be a main striker but maybe with Ronaldo and Dybala he wouldn't need to be. I still would prefer a system more like last night and him as a different option instead of a regular starter.

I think for the short term based on the balance of the squad, Dzeko and Kean would have been a good fit. Depends how short term focused we are though.

I'd be happy with Morata on loan with a decent priced option (not obligation) to bring something different to the squad.
Last year we were so slow in the build up and not fluid with our movement at all that the lack of a center forward stood out more. If we continue with how we played against Samp, a lot quicker, more movement, more vertical play we won't need that back to the defense sort of player as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)