Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (87 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
What’s your prediction of our financial position? Did you read that article from Calcio e finanza?
i didn't, it's too long and i'm busy finding out what's wrong with sassuolo according to badass :p i have no prediction, we'll have to wait and see what happens with the stadium openings. if italy slowly starts to let fans visit the stadiums at least at 30% capacity (see uefa's willingness to let fans in for the european supercoppa match too), we might expect some gate receipts and that could give us some room on the market too. if a 2nd wave hits italy too hard and the government bans football events even behind closed doors, then the whole 20/21 financial planning is down the drain again. so i expect clubs to spend very prudently. this 3m loan + option for the relatively unknown murican kid fits that prudent policy.

on the long run, i guess we're fine. we have that 300m recent capital raise and a 170-something m bond issuance, cash flow is relatively okay, at least compared to other italian teams. but it's relatively easy to wreck a football club with a large budget and no according revenue. just check barcelona, they spent like there was no tomorrow for the last 4-5 years and they are now in huge financial trouble with the huge wage bill and that incredible amount of amortization weighting on their budget. or check milan, missing the cl revenue for years, and unable to break out of the mid-table. one or two careless years can ruin us, so i'm okay with the rejuvenation process at all costs. an old, expensive squad would be unsustainable regardless of covid.

so that's my uneducated prediction: prudent spending and getting rid of higuain, costa, matuidi even by swallowing some minusvalenza :boh: you can always find a club open for some financial doping like barcelona with the arthur-pjanic swap (which saved our last financial season, but will be heavy for the coming years), genoa with the sturaro-romero deal, or roma (see spina-pellegrini).

financially, we are moving forward on the long run despite this obscure and unexpected one season or two, i'd just like to see some more conscious squad planning. i still fucking want aouar. he could be the key for our next couple of years on the pitch.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
It was free. Don't use italian one, Tuz is your house
Yes I know Pogba was free. I should when we got Pogba.
Did Tuz exist then? I did know that forum.
I like Tuz, that is why I am here now. Mark did a wonderful job ! Everybody here should applaude him and respect him.
Give him the benefit of the doubt on this transfers . I remember that Tanu made also tons of faulty declarations of the matter'
just like all the Italian guru journalists .I love this forum, you have some very interesting and knowledgeable people in this forum.
All this to Mark a Canadian ? I think that what he is. Mark you are great! Thanks for this forum.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
How I feel with Di Marizo says Dzeko is our first choice.

- - - Updated - - -

lol have you posted much lately? I feel like I haven't seen you in ages. :grin:
Ebbing myself back into since I moved to Belgium last year and know as little people as I do french. It has been a few years out, but summer is ending and I’ll be heading back into school to teach again next week. I’ll try to stick around a little more though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It was free. Don't use italian one, Tuz is your house
Then tell the spammers not to shit where they sleep. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Ebbing myself back into since I moved to Belgium last year and know as little people as I do french. It has been a few years out, but summer is ending and I’ll be heading back into school to teach again next week. I’ll try to stick around a little more though.
Welcome back. I'll try to make your stay as joyful as possible. :grin:

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
i didn't, it's too long and i'm busy finding out what's wrong with sassuolo according to badass :p i have no prediction, we'll have to wait and see what happens with the stadium openings. if italy slowly starts to let fans visit the stadiums at least at 30% capacity (see uefa's willingness to let fans in for the european supercoppa match too), we might expect some gate receipts and that could give us some room on the market too. if a 2nd wave hits italy too hard and the government bans football events even behind closed doors, then the whole 20/21 financial planning is down the drain again. so i expect clubs to spend very prudently. this 3m loan + option for the relatively unknown murican kid fits that prudent policy.

on the long run, i guess we're fine. we have that 300m recent capital raise and a 170-something m bond issuance, cash flow is relatively okay, at least compared to other italian teams. but it's relatively easy to wreck a football club with a large budget and no according revenue. just check barcelona, they spent like there was no tomorrow for the last 4-5 years and they are now in huge financial trouble with the huge wage bill and that incredible amount of amortization weighting on their budget. or check milan, missing the cl revenue for years, and unable to break out of the mid-table. one or two careless years can ruin us, so i'm okay with the rejuvenation process at all costs. an old, expensive squad would be unsustainable regardless of covid.

so that's my uneducated prediction: prudent spending and getting rid of higuain, costa, matuidi even by swallowing some minusvalenza :boh: you can always find a club open for some financial doping like barcelona with the arthur-pjanic swap (which saved our last financial season, but will be heavy for the coming years), genoa with the sturaro-romero deal, or roma (see spina-pellegrini).

financially, we are moving forward on the long run despite this obscure and unexpected one season or two, i'd just like to see some more conscious squad planning. i still fucking want aouar. he could be the key for our next couple of years on the pitch.
First where do the 300 m come from? I know we got a loan from a Bank in Amsterdam, that have to be paid back with interest.
I know you are very good in that domain, but sorry you explanation lacks precision.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
football has played since the 1800s. not a single american worth remembering worldwide.

bro even cameroon, nigeria, romania, liberia produced legends of the game. and these nations have poor resources .

ukraine has been a nation for only 31 years and they gave the world shevchenko.

america what give? nothing worthy.

i stand by what i said. loan is fine, but this deal is not worth celebrating because he can't be good
Same could be said about Canadians and then bam... Alphonso fuckin Davies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)