Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (70 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Failing to win the CL with CR7, whan an achievement!

Hey my man. I think we all know that CR7 was a one shot deal to win the whole thing. And that was last year, when we went all in. It didn't work. Now it's time to go back to the way we used to build our squads. The same squads that had us knocking on the door of the CL twice in the past 5 years. We wouldn't have been able to build an all star squad this year even without the pandemic. The last few years of signing mercenaries, for lack of a better term, to chase a trophy that is as much about luck as it is talent, have bitten us in the ass.

I'd rather build a team that can grow together organically and get us to the summit.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Hey my man. I think we all know that CR7 was a one shot deal to win the whole thing. And that was last year, when we went all in. It didn't work. Now it's time to go back to the way we used to build our squads. The same squads that had us knocking on the door of the CL twice in the past 5 years. We wouldn't have been able to build an all star squad this year even without the pandemic. The last few years of signing mercenaries, for lack of a better term, to chase a trophy that is as much about luck as it is talent, have bitten us in the ass.

I'd rather build a team that can grow together organically and get us to the summit.
Why keep Ronaldo then? just sell him...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
[
Why keep Ronaldo then? just sell him...
They might, and I wouldn't be opposed to it at all. And it has NOTHING to do with him as a player or a person, but everything to do with the direction that I think this club needs to take. Juve used to make their own stars, not buy them from someone else.

Think about it. Del Piero, Buffon, Trez, Zidane, Platini...........................

These guys got to be who they are because of us.

Hell, even Baggio, who was on the cusp of superstardom, cemented that status with us.

This is the way we've always done it before. The obsession with winning this trophy have put us in the situation we are now in. Before all of this, I had read somewhere that we were the oldest team in Europe. That's insane, you have to admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)