Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (64 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
my point is that dzeko is clearly a stop gap, and as such, he's a realistic option. i'd like us to sign a top center, but it's out of question at the moment.

it's all about context. our quest for a 9 has become a "pick your poison" kinda game, and with higuain being expensive and demotivated, guys like milik, jimenez and zapata costing way too much for what they could potentially offer, and top strikers out of the budget too, dzeko as a stop gap for 1 or 2 seasons is a lower risk pick. that said, i'd be fine with milik or zapata too at the right price.

yes, we should do better in finding players. if the club comes up with a better solution than dzeko, i'll be happy to welcome literally anybody who's young, accepts the bench behind dybala, is a ~20 goal player on his own right, works hard around and in the box, can be targeted with crosses, has a decent passing game, and not terribly overpriced like jimenez. until then, dzeko is a sad but understandable option.
The point is that signing Dzeko, like you said a stop gap, is just creating new problems down the line.

And you know who could have been a good stop gap for a year? Mandzukic. (Yeah, I know he's bound to score less goals.)
But no, we are so short-sighted that he had to go instead of Higuain. And now, if all goes well, we'll have neither, and urgently need an acceptable replacement.

Honestly, how many times is this club going to shoot itself in the foot?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Guiz, the goal isn't to have a squad of just U22 players. It's to bring down the avg age of the squad. And no, they aren't abandoning that just bc they're interested in Dzeko, who both technically and financially (as long as he lowers salary) makes sense as an option. Just calma lol.

Quit comparing him to past it Higuain or Mandzukic or thinking this backup role isn't important....or thinking we should sign a WC striker for this role.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
The age is a problem but Dzeko is needed he is a good player coming off a good season and keeps himself in shape....higgy is useless and we need another decent striker option for backup it sucks but we cant afford any big money signings or younger options.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Guiz, the goal isn't to have a squad of just U22 players. It's to bring down the avg age of the squad. And no, they aren't abandoning that just bc they're interested in Dzeko, who both technically and financially (as long as he lowers salary) makes sense as an option. Just calma lol.

Quit comparing him to past it Higuain or Mandzukic or thinking this backup role isn't important....or thinking we should sign a WC striker for this role.
Ok, but getting rid of Matuidi , and possibly Khedira and Higuain to bring on Dzeko doesn't really bring down the average age that much, does it?

And how much of a financial hit are we taking with all of this?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The age is a problem but Dzeko is needed he is a good player coming off a good season and keeps himself in shape....higgy is useless and we need another decent striker option for backup it sucks but we cant afford any big money signings or younger options.

I would love to have a Dzeko here if he were the final piece to a CL winning side.

But he's not. In fact, when I look at this club, I really don't know where we are at this point, either domestically or in Europe. I really have no idea. So, with everything being equal, I would much prefer to rebuild to give us a foundation fro the next 5-6 years than keep patching the current one.

- - - Updated - - -

He failed hard in England, can't handle the pressure. Not Juve material.

But yet he was pretty awesome when he was here the year before when he got his chance, so I would love to know how that makes any sense.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Ok, but getting rid of Matuidi , and possibly Khedira and Higuain to bring on Dzeko doesn't really bring down the average age that much, does it?

And how much of a financial hit are we taking with all of this?
Selling Pjanic, Matuidi, Khedira, Gonzalo and bringing Arthur, Kulusevski, Aouar/De Paul/Partey/Locatelli/Zaniolo/Tonali, Dzeko brings down the average age. Its not just one player.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Kean would be the right man for 4th. If we play with a two striker formation, we need four strikers. As I said before, that may be why we're linked with completely diff types and levels of strikers.

But Kean/Raiola wanted more playing time, that's why he left. Changed their mind?

What's the sauce?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Selling Pjanic, Matuidi, Khedira, Gonzalo and bringing Arthur, Kulusevski, Aouar/De Paul/Partey/Locatelli/Zaniolo/Tonali, Dzeko brings down the average age. Its not just one player.

But yet, looking at what we actually already have, not what we MIGHT get with Aouar/De Paul (Kill me now if this happens) and everyone else on your wishlist, Dzeko is still not the final piece to our current puzzle.

Might he be if we get an Aouar and Partey for our midfiled? Absolutely. But we need to get them FIRST.

- - - Updated - - -

We should try to get Icardi like @IlCapitano mentioned in the Allegri thread.

He'll cost at least 50 million. Do we even have that kind of money? And for that amount, I would take Aouar over Icardi any time, and I'm a big fan of Icardi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)