Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (395 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Kean would be the right man for 4th. If we play with a two striker formation, we need four strikers. As I said before, that may be why we're linked with completely diff types and levels of strikers.

But Kean/Raiola wanted more playing time, that's why he left. Changed their mind?

What's the sauce?

I'm thinking that with Higuain and Mandzukic gone, he would certainly get a lot of playing time.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
He'll cost at least 50 million. Do we even have that kind of money? And for that amount, I would take Aouar over Icardi any time, and I'm a big fan of Icardi.
Icardi-Sandro swap, and then we go for Gosens. I would love Aouar as well, but we have no chance of getting him tbh.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol. Kean is the right man for this role? :baus:
Not really, no, but he is young , home grown and he was scoring regularly off the bench for us. Mandzukic should be about to retire, not expected to score off bench when he doesnt have it in him. His main use is hard work and tactical excellence he doesn't have the energy for anymore.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
And how much of a financial hit are we taking with all of this?
that's a good question actually, and i bet this is the biggest headache of the club regarding the 9 situation. higuain can't be sold, so i wouldn't exclude a contract extension á la jorge martinez style: extend for an other season, half his amortization and salary, so that he could be loaned out for the next two seasons. pre-covid, i'd be 100% certain we won't rescind his contract and swallow 18m of minusvalenza, but now i'm lost in football finances. these aren't normal circumstances at all.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
But yet, looking at what we actually already have, not what we MIGHT get with Aouar/De Paul (Kill me now if this happens) and everyone else on your wishlist, Dzeko is still not the final piece to our current puzzle.

Might he be if we get an Aouar and Partey for our midfiled? Absolutely. But we need to get them FIRST.

- - - Updated - - -

He'll cost at least 50 million. Do we even have that kind of money? And for that amount, I would take Aouar over Icardi any time, and I'm a big fan of Icardi.
Well we already have kulusevski and arthur, matuidi and pjanic are off. That is a good start. Nothing else is official.

And what do you mean get them first? Does it matter who we get first as long as we get what we need? Maybe the negotiations would be easier for dzeko, why not get him first, why wait? I dont get it.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He failed hard in England, can't handle the pressure. Not Juve material.
Gnabry flopped at Arsenal and West Brom and is now a key player at Bayern and a CL winner

Not comparing Kean with him, but these sweeping statements about young players can be extremely ridiculous. Kean is still very young and has his whole career ahead of him and Everton is a sketchy, shit football club anyway.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Ok, but getting rid of Matuidi , and possibly Khedira and Higuain to bring on Dzeko doesn't really bring down the average age that much, does it?

And how much of a financial hit are we taking with all of this?
Pjanic, Matuidi, khedira, DC, Higuain avg age: (30+33+33+29+32)/5 = 31.4

Arthur, Partey, Locatelli, Kulu, Dzeko: (24+27+22+20+34)/5 = 25.4

Jun 16, 2020
Icardi is another player with a shit mentality, very poor skills on the ball, always playing hide and seek when things get difficult and never fights for the team. He’s good in the box and he can finish, but is just a average Inzaghi type without the grinta. Lets avoid him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well we already have kulusevski and arthur, matuidi and pjanic are off. That is a good start. Nothing else is official.

And what do you mean get them first? Does it matter who we get first as long as we get what we need? Maybe the negotiations would be easier for dzeko, why not get him first, why wait? I dont get it.

The reason why is because what would the point be of getting a Dzeko if the rest of the team is not CL ready? Wouldn't this be the point of getting someone like him? To give us an upgrade to a position that could help us get to where we really want to be? If we can't substantially improve our midfield and we end up with only Dzeko, then it really is just more of the same. And it hasn't worked in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 387)