Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (55 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But you don't hire a Pirlo, a player who is still beloved by the fans and players that he is now coaching, unless there is a plan, or a roadmap in place for the next 4-5 years. I can't see Agnelli doing him dirty like that. Especially an individual with the grace and class of Pirlo
You too hopeful bro. There is little indication as of yet that this isn't anything more then yet another cost effective gamble. And I defenitely dont think anything will be solved by bringing an underwhelming limited speedster like Kluivert to the club. Whatever the project is or Pirlos plans are completely blank. We should just wait, instead of projecting hopeful dreams on it, or doom and gloom scenarios. Only thing we know this is the worst possible time for him to take over. Financially speaking. And make up of team. Good luck to him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
But you don't hire a Pirlo, a player who is still beloved by the fans and players that he is now coaching, unless there is a plan, or a roadmap in place for the next 4-5 years. I can't see Agnelli doing him dirty like that. Especially an individual with the grace and class of Pirlo
Del Piero had grace and class and they showed him the door. Wake up.

There is no plan since Marotta left. We're changing staff like underwear. Strategy is changing on a monthly bases.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I keep my fingers crossed for Pirlo like crazy. He's got no magic wand though, he's a newbie to the game and we have to remember about this.

What you're saying is very romantic but I doubt it works like that. I think it's time to accept the fact we're in a transition period with Inter looking like a typical Conte team now. They'll be very dangerous. Meanwhile we won't be done with squad purging in one Summer.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Rumours swirling that it will be a 3 4 2 1

De Ligt Bonucci Sandro

Cuadrado Arthur Bentancur Berna

Kulusevski Ronaldo
Dybala

I think that could work

That's just with players we have, who knows who will go and who will come in. I think that front 3 could work well, the wingers would have to stay very wide allowing 2 of the 3 to make runs into the box with one of them dropping

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Not thrilled by those names either, but anyone is of more us to the team than Rugani.
Rugani will definitely become a starter for Roma as Smalling replacement. Slot in back 3 system as he used to and get continuity. They get a starter while we get a bench player for Kluivert. He was reliable in our 3 previous season. Last season he was bad but he only played a lot post Covid when other players form also worse

If we want to exchange him, it should have been of a better player

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juventus continues to think of Edin Dzeko to reinforce his attack. There are difficulties to get to Milik, who seems ever closer to Roma. Heis currently the number one goal of Fabio Paratici who continues to evaluate all options.(Sport Mediaset)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You too hopeful bro. There is little indication as of yet that this isn't anything more then yet another cost effective gamble. And I defenitely dont think anything will be solved by bringing an underwhelming limited speedster like Kluivert to the club. Whatever the project is or Pirlos plans are completely blank. We should just wait, instead of projecting hopeful dreams on it, or doom and gloom scenarios. Only thing we know this is the worst possible time for him to take over. Financially speaking. And make up of team. Good luck to him.

If they don't see him as the long term future of this club, then what was the point of hiring him? It wasn't to save money. They would have just stuck with Sarri in that case, as it is going to cost a small fortune in compensation to a guy that got kicked to the curb.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does Roma want Dzeko out and want another striker?

For an oft injured striker who is going to cost upwards of 40 million to acquire on the last year of his contract. This is something that has to be seriously considered.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
If they don't see him as the long term future of this club, then what was the point of hiring him? It wasn't to save money. They would have just stuck with Sarri in that case, as it is going to cost a small fortune in compensation to a guy that got kicked to the curb.
Sarri couldn't stay because he got rejected by the locker room. Apparently CR7 told Agnelli he's not staying with Sarri as the coach.

So in the end Sarri had to be replaced because you can't replace the whole squad.

Jun 16, 2020
The only thing you can do with Kluivert is to loan him out to Sassuolo for a year or two, perhaps he can be figured out there. Here he'd disappear completely.

I mean, Roma is perfect for attacking players - the club is good enough to give you the ball at your fee t to do something with it but on the other hand no pressure to win anything. Kluivert so far has been a disappointment, even Under looked better so far and he's nothing special as well.

I'm tempted to like this deal because I want Rugani gone, but Kluivert won't solve a thing for us.
Kluivert would just be a Ronaldo backup. He probably won’t grow at all, but doesn’t matter he’s easy to sell in the future. We don’t have a LW at the moment, considering we’re going to sell Costa. Then we’ll see after two years if Kluivert still is of use when Ronaldo leaves us.

If we can plusvalenza Rugani, and get Kluivert on lowers wages id happily do that. Kluivert is okay, nothing really special but has some potential.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I have seen him many times, maybe more than you. Raul is not worth 90 mil. What did he do in Atletico or even Benfica?
He is an OK player nothing more. My good friend here is Mexican an a big fan of America,many times he invited me to watch his team.
Even he says now that Jimenez is far from a great player. Yes he scores goals in Wolves , but will he do as good in another league. He failed in Spain
and was far from great in Benfica where he scores 31 goals in 3 years. It is not only about goal scoring but technically he is light years below Dybala.
On top of that, he is not nearly as good of Benzema. If Ronaldo, as they say here in the fake articles, wants Benzema and if they know what Ronaldo said ??? Bablabla
Jimenez is a better choice than Milik and I would take him over all the seniors that are mentioned in the forum, but not for more that 40/50 mil.But so far Dybala is way above all of them.
I've never proclaimed he was world class, I do rate him amongst the best forwards in the EPL currently. 90 mill yes is a joke, nobody of that age is worth that, except Ronaldo and messi, and I do think he's better than most of the other names we've been linked with.

We have to also bare in mind, for all of Sarri's fault its proven that Dybala and Ronaldo can co exist, but we do need a proper #9 not necessarily to start, for the right price Jimenez I think is a solid choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)