Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (405 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Announce Michel Bastos

Jovetic, anyone?

Is homeboy still alive?

- - - Updated - - -

We he definitely isn't going to hurt our chances either.

Calma

- - - Updated - - -

@Mark - is it time? :green:

But when our chances are pretty slim to being with, is there a point to this transfer?

I could totally understand if we were on the cusp, but come on. We're not. I know you love this guy, and he is a good player. He's not garbage. Not at all.

But, I mean. Why are we trying to replace old, expensive players with older but not as expensive players?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I wouldn’t mind swapping Rugani for Kluivert.

Ruga has to go and Kluivert could be a cheap and young backup for Ronaldo. He mainly plays as LW and occasionally on the right.

LW: Kluivert, Ronaldo
CF: Dybala, Jimenez
RW: Kulusevski, Dybala, (Cuadrado)
The only thing you can do with Kluivert is to loan him out to Sassuolo for a year or two, perhaps he can be figured out there. Here he'd disappear completely.

I mean, Roma is perfect for attacking players - the club is good enough to give you the ball at your fee t to do something with it but on the other hand no pressure to win anything. Kluivert so far has been a disappointment, even Under looked better so far and he's nothing special as well.

I'm tempted to like this deal because I want Rugani gone, but Kluivert won't solve a thing for us.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Not thrilled by those names either, but anyone is of more us to the team than Rugani.

At least Kluivert has a chance. He is still really young and has something that most of this squad doesn't have, which is pace.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing you can do with Kluivert is to loan him out to Sassuolo for a year or two, perhaps he can be figured out there. Here he'd disappear completely.

I mean, Roma is perfect for attacking players - the club is good enough to give you the ball at your fee t to do something with it but on the other hand no pressure to win anything. Kluivert so far has been a disappointment, even Under looked better so far and he's nothing special as well.

I'm tempted to like this deal because I want Rugani gone, but Kluivert won't solve a thing for us.
We don't even know what Pirlo's plan is, so Kluivert could figure into that. We need backups, and we need youth and pace. At least he provides that. It's up to the coaching staff to get the best out of him.

Oct 23, 2011
Our mercato is simply blocked at the moment because we aren't able to offload Higuain and Khedira. If we are unable to sell these two players and decide to release them, we'd make a loss of about $30 million (don't know the exact figure but should be close to that). This is a substantial amount. At this point, we'd make a Rugani deal purely for the plusvalenza. If this frees up any financials to buy a player we need, then I am all in for it regardless of who we get in return.

Our situation scares the shit out of me tbh because we all know which player could potentially generate the largest gain on the books and the players we are linked with right now do not excite me at all.

Last edited:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
At least Kluivert has a chance. He is still really young and has something that most of this squad doesn't have, which is pace.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't even know what Pirlo's plan is, so Kluivert could figure into that. We need backups, and we need youth and pace. At least he provides that. It's up to the coaching staff to get the best out of him.
I think we're overrating here "The Pirlo's plan". I don't think there's one. We fired Sarri after a failed experiment and still have him on our books, so we needed a cheaper coach because of recent years' mismanagement (too high wages and old squad), plus covid.

The idea is definitely to seize most opportunities on the market to make the squad younger and the wage bill lighter. In general Pirlo has very little to say here, definitely less than Max, most probably at the level Sarri had.

Getting rid of Rugani is good enough for me at this point. I wish we got money for him though.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Our mercato is simply blocked at the moment because we aren't able to offload Higuain and Khedira. If we are unable to sell these two players and decide to release them, we'd make a loss of about $30 million (don't know the exact figure but should be close to that). This is a substantial amount. At this point, we'd make a Rugani deal purely for the plusvalenza. If this frees up any financials to buy a player we need, then I am all in for it regardless of who we get in return.

Our situation scares the shit out of me tbh because we all know which could potentially generate the largest gain on the books and the players we are linked with right now do not excite me at all.
Keeping Higuain and Khedira would be so depressing. When I remember how bad Higuain was against Lyon, It's makes me puke every time. He's simply finished as a football player.

And I agree with you that things aren't looking bright at all.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I think we're overrating here "The Pirlo's plan". I don't think there's one. We fired Sarri after a failed experiment and still have him on our books, so we needed a cheaper coach because of recent years' mismanagement (too high wages and old squad), plus covid.

The idea is definitely to seize most opportunities on the market to make the squad younger and the wage bill lighter. In general Pirlo has very little to say here, definitely less than Max, most probably at the level Sarri had.

Getting rid of Rugani is good enough for me at this point. I wish we got money for him though.
But you don't hire a Pirlo, a player who is still beloved by the fans and players that he is now coaching, unless there is a plan, or a roadmap in place for the next 4-5 years. I can't see Agnelli doing him dirty like that. Especially an individual with the grace and class of Pirlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 395)