Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (390 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Only me, @Hustini and @zizinho like Dzeko here? That is crazy, the guy is class and even though he is old, he still has at least 2 seasons in him.
What people need to realize is that not everyone declines as early as Higuain. Especially in Serie A you have CFs playing well into their 30s. Ibra and Toni the most recent and obvious examples. If the player is in physical shape and still going well, age is not the issue

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Honestly, Dzeko, or whichever striker we look for , should be last on the list until the midfield and fullback situations get themselves sorted out. To me, it sounds like all this talk about Dzeko is due largely to this being the easiest "get" out of everyone we are looking for.
Maybe hes the easiest (though a free Cavani is probably more easy, or Giroud for that matter), but hes also a good fit for what we have (Ronaldo, Dybala, Kulu and hopefully Zaniolo). Those are all SSs, wings, AMs, and we dont have a true CF with his attributes.

But youre right, midfield should be priority. A pair off fullbacks to have alternatives (that dont suck) for Cuads and AS as well

- - - Updated - - -

Dzeko makes 8.5 mil at Roma. How much you gone pay him at Juve!!!! You and Zizinho, who only wants him because is Bosnian, just like with Pjanic.
He will not come for a lesser salary. In my book we are better of paying Dybala 12 than Dzeko 10.
Dzeko makes 5M net, but nice try

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
What are the sauces for Hateboer? I'm sure I've seen it but can't remember.

I think it's likely we'll sign a WB from Atalanta and hope PSG signs another to weaken them, and I'm for it, but prefer Gosens or Castagne over Hateboer.

Ofc it also depends on AS, other players and finances.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
What people need to realize is that not everyone declines as early as Higuain. Especially in Serie A you have CFs playing well into their 30s. Ibra and Toni the most recent and obvious examples. If the player is in physical shape and still going well, age is not the issue
I agree with you Dzeko is usefull but two 35 year olds as your frontline even if one of them is not a normal 35 in CR7 is a bit much. Ibra has other young bucks around him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Maybe hes the easiest (though a free Cavani is probably more easy, or Giroud for that matter), but hes also a good fit for what we have (Ronaldo, Dybala, Kulu and hopefully Zaniolo). Those are all SSs, wings, AMs, and we dont have a true CF with his attributes.

But youre right, midfield should be priority. A pair off fullbacks to have alternatives (that dont suck) for Cuads and AS as well

- - - Updated - - -

Dzeko makes 5M net, but nice try

Z, I just have a real issue taking him, or anyone else at his age and salary with at least 2 more years on the contract, when A) The widely presumed thought process was to shed older players on large contracts, and B) A player like him would make all the sense in the world if he were one of the last 1 or 2 pieces to put together a CL winning squad.

And even if he decides to reduce his contract, he isn't going to do it for free, which means that chances are that he will extend his current deal for at least another year, meaning that he would be at least 37 by the time his contract expires.

The other issue I have is the reported transfer fee. If that 15 million is true, isn't that the same exact amount that Roma paid for a 29 year old Dzeko 5 years ago. What kind of sense does that make?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
What are the sauces for Hateboer? I'm sure I've seen it but can't remember.

I think it's likely we'll sign a WB from Atalanta and hope PSG signs another to weaken them, and I'm for it, but prefer Gosens or Castagne over Hateboer.

Ofc it also depends on AS, other players and finances.
I'm skeptical of all Atalanta players. The system really makes some of them look a lot better than they really are. Gosens was a nothing player before he played under Gasp

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Only me, @Hustini and @zizinho like Dzeko here? That is crazy, the guy is class and even though he is old, he still has at least 2 seasons in him.
I like him too , and wouldn't mind him for 2 years contract,but if we give him something like 3/4 year contract im against it .

Dzeko would be way better than Higuain , we need someone who can score headers:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
2020-08-19 19_55_59-Instagram.jpg

Teams with the highest number of transfers in market since 2016.
I think net spend is a more indicative figure because we have sold quite a lot during this period too.

Having said that, not surprised to see Juve and Barca at the top. Two clubs who have been financially mismanaged over the past few years.

And the best club in Europe atm are not even on that graph. Says a lot.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Ronaldo, Dybala, Dzeko, Kulusevski, Zaniolo, good enough?

Haaland in 2 years :pavel::mino:

#1) We don't have Zaniolo, and chances are we won't have him either, at least not this year
#2) Haaland in 2 years? As if NO ONE ELSE is going to follow him

Come on man, be realistic

- - - Updated - - -

I think net spend is a more indicative figure because we have sold quite a lot during this period too.

Having said that, not surprised to see Juve and Barca at the top. Two clubs who have been financially mismanaged over the past few years.

And that the other team in the CL Final is 7th on that chart

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Del Piero had grace and class and they showed him the door. Wake up.

There is no plan since Marotta left. We're changing staff like underwear. Strategy is changing on a monthly bases.
Del Piero said something on the mic before his contract was last renewed. Agnelli didn't like that. He's someone who holds a grudge or doesn't forget.

A notoriously detail oriented club like Juve not having any plans is an amusing thought.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
OK, simce you dont want Dzeko, then give an alternative. Keep in mind we need the money for the midfield, you know, the area were we desperately need some new (young) blood.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, any rumors about where is Thiago Silva going? PSG need a CB, how does your namesake, the regista of defenee sound, Leonardo? :diculo:
I want Dybala as false 9. He and Ronaldo did good. We did not score enough cause our terrible midfield. The worst midfield I have ever seen at Juve.
As back up I would go for Lacazette. and we have Kulusevski on the right wing . Dybala plays all most like a trequartista. Look !!! he many times comes back to midfield and even close to defense. Isco does not more than Dybala, on top of that he is many times on the bench. Dybala is 10 times better than Isco. many here are blind, they hear the name but haven't see him play the last years. If he was that great he wouldn't be on and of the bench for years now.
Yes we need a great mid. Besides Lacazette I sell a bunch of players, as many as possible and do everything to get Aouar. That is who I hope for I said that all ready months ago in his tread. If that is impossible I would be fine with De Paul, who is very underrated by most of you, who have only see him play a couple of times.
Before judging a players watch in games not on youtube.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I'm skeptical of all Atalanta players. The system really makes some of them look a lot better than they really are. Gosens was a nothing player before he played under Gasp
Same but I'm still for it.

They keep improving and could be a potential danger. Take away their WBs and they won't be.

Atalanta know it too, but they don't care (and shouldn't without being favs or actual big contenders). They've a business model to follow.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013

we have sold quality players without getting their replacement. We are so far behind the like bayern،R.madrid and PSG.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Z, I just have a real issue taking him, or anyone else at his age and salary with at least 2 more years on the contract, when A) The widely presumed thought process was to shed older players on large contracts, and B) A player like him would make all the sense in the world if he were one of the last 1 or 2 pieces to put together a CL winning squad.

And even if he decides to reduce his contract, he isn't going to do it for free, which means that chances are that he will extend his current deal for at least another year, meaning that he would be at least 37 by the time his contract expires.

The other issue I have is the reported transfer fee. If that 15 million is true, isn't that the same exact amount that Roma paid for a 29 year old Dzeko 5 years ago. What kind of sense does that make?
The rejuvenation has to start in midfield 1st, and wide areas 2nd. Thats where most of our issuea come from. GKs are fine for now, CBs as well. Front line of Dybala-Ronaldo still has some years in them, they just need an alternative that can be the CF partner for both. Now, im not saying it HAS to be Dzeko, but i do think hes the best in terms of quality, cost and availability (again, Cavani seems to not even be an option for us). The alternatives? Milik - younger but more expensive. And not as good. Jimenez - too expensive, also not as good. Lacazzette - too expensive. Morata - hed be my 2nd choice, no idea if hed take lesser wages and how much hed cost. Zapata - Atalanta will want too much. That kid from PSV - dont even know how he looks or how he plays. Maybe hes the solution? Who else? Giroud for free? Ign on fee and salary (no idea what either would be) could make him more expensive than Dzeko.... am i forgetting anyone?

I dont think hes the kind that will hold on to his contract no matter what. He will eventually move to Constantinople to finish his career (imo) so we will have no issue offloading him 2 seasons from niw, even if he signs a 3 year contract.

15M shouldnt be that much, especially with our history of doing deals with Roma. They could be interested in MdS, Rugani, or maybe even Higuain (if he accepts a paycut). Then there is the Zaniolo operation which im sure if it happens, we will do it in a shady way. And if Dzeko asks to go, they will make it possible i think (plusvalenza possiblity plus mutual respect there). I think it is an obvious move for us, considering what we are looking for (backup CF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 380)