Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (98 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Regarding all this talk about our midfield problems

Bentancur, Rabiot, Khedira, Matuidi, Can and Ramsey in 2019/20 = 7 goals and 13 assists = 20 goal contributions

Pjanic in 2016/17 = 8 goals and 14 assists = 22 goal contributions

I think it’s time that people put some respect in Pjanic’s name. The biggest reason why our midfield has declined since 2017 is because Pjanic declined physically.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Regarding all this talk about our midfield problems

Bentancur, Rabiot, Khedira, Matuidi, Can and Ramsey in 2019/20 = 7 goals and 13 assists = 20 goal contributions

Pjanic in 2016/17 = 8 goals and 14 assists = 22 goal contributions

I think it’s time that people put some respect in Pjanic’s name. The biggest reason why our midfield has declined since 2017 is because Pjanic declined physically.
I don’t think anyone was arguing that Pjanic was never good.

- - - Updated - - -

Get a #9, doesn’t have to be an established player, could be someone with upside, but get a real #9.

Get a RB. Cuadrado was fine as a starter, no one will admit it, but he was. But we need better depth. Can’t rely on scrubs like Danilo and De Sciglio. Someone young would be preferred. I like Pellegrini on the left, hopefully he doesn’t get loaned/sold.

Improve the midfield depth. Rabiot, Arthur, and Bentancur might be enough, but we can’t be one injury away from playing the likes of Matuidi and Khedira. Sell Ramsey too. Preferred target would be Locatelli, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Pirlo asked for Tonali. Zaniolo is always an option imo, Roma can say they won’t sell him all they want.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
I don’t think anyone was arguing that Pjanic was never good.

- - - Updated - - -

Get a #9, doesn’t have to be an established player, could be someone with upside, but get a real #9.

Get a RB. Cuadrado was fine as a starter, no one will admit it, but he was. But we need better depth. Can’t rely on scrubs like Danilo and De Sciglio. Someone young would be preferred. I like Pellegrini on the left, hopefully he doesn’t get loaned/sold.

Improve the midfield depth. Rabiot, Arthur, and Bentancur might be enough, but we can’t be one injury away from playing the likes of Matuidi and Khedira. Sell Ramsey too. Preferred target would be Locatelli, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Pirlo asked for Tonali. Zaniolo is always an option imo, Roma can say they won’t sell him all they want.
out number 9 is CR7. we need a LW or AM that can play behind him and dybala.

This season and last season we seen this stupid 433 with ronaldo at LW but he never tracks back and plays as CF. Meaning that matuidi/rabiot had to play LM which is a joke

- - - Updated - - -

Bring Kean Back

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Higuain, Douglas Costa and Khedira going to be pushed out the door soon. Club aiming for another CM and CF.
Music to my ears

- - - Updated - - -

The positions we need to strengthen the most, in order of priority:

1. starting midfielder

2. starting right-back

3. winger with pace

4. backup striker
I would say like this:

-A midfielder who can fill any need Pirlo can have and is not present in the current team (Kulu?)
-A fullback who can preferably play on both sides and be starter material right away.
-A trusty center forward. it doesnt need to be a big name, but someone who can get the job done and always be ready and fit.
-An attacking winger who can play on both wings or at the very least be a very good Right Wing (Kulu?)

About kulusevski, he will most likely be a starter on the wing or midfield, but there will always be a position vacant doesnt matter were we play him, so we will need an extra winger or an extra midfielder depending on which place Kulu plays.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
So.. Pirlo means back to the drawing board...

Bye to Jorginhos and Miliks

Who do we bring?
I think Milik is still likely, that seemed like a Paratici move and Pirlo has said Ronaldo needs a proper 9 next to him.

I never bought the Jorginho stuff. Don’t think that was ever an objective, even with Sarri.

Tonali might be a target now. Pirlo has always praised him.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I doubt we’ll be able to sell Khedira and Higuain, those look like terminations. The rest shouldn’t be a problem, and I’d also include Matuidi, Bonucci, and Ramsey. Time for a complete overhaul. Tici gonna be a busy man the next two months.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Paratici, confirmed by Agnelli, got extra work to do in the next weeks: Higuain, Khedira, Matuidi, Costa, Ramsey, Bernardeschi, De Sciglio, Rugani, Sandro and Danilo are all on the market. Main target is to rejuvenate the team and reduce costs. @Gazzetta_it ‬

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
So.. Pirlo means back to the drawing board...

Bye to Jorginhos and Miliks

Who do we bring?
Well the players we are currently linked with:

Midfield: Locatelli/De Paul
Fullback: Pellegrini back or loan Emerson Palmieri
back-up striker: Milik, Lacazette, Jiminez
Upfront: Chiesa or Zaniolo

Last edited:

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Paratici, confirmed by Agnelli, got extra work to do in the next weeks: Higuain, Khedira, Matuidi, Costa, Ramsey, Bernardeschi, De Sciglio, Rugani, Sandro and Danilo are all on the market. Main target is to rejuvenate the team and reduce costs. @Gazzetta_it ‬
Was about to post that, nice plan but looks close to impossible, I can't imagine why would a team that can afford any of those players want them in the first place? I guess Verona or Genoa would be thrilled to have Higuain or Ramsey in their squads but they would have to give half of their wage budget on a single player, which is something they cannot afford...

Terminating contracts and selling whoever they can for peanuts looks like the only way to accomplish that task...

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
It has to be done, so that there's room for more valuable players. Perhaps with not so known and fancy names, but those don't play on the field. The squad is well overdue for rejuvenation and it has to be done no matter what.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
We definitely need two new fullbacks aside from the midfield targets but who could we realistically get without weakening another area of our team?

This is the biggest problem we have atm

The pandemic fucked us over at the wrong time. This is such a poorly constructed team that we have neither the time nor the money to fix the mess up. It's a really critical time at the club and some big decisions need to be made.

Last edited:

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
We definitely need two new fullbacks aside from the midfield targets but who could we realistically get without weakening another area of our team?

This is the biggest problem we have atm

The pandemic fucked us over at the wrong time. This is such a poorly constructed team that we have neither the time nor the money to fix the mess up. It's a really critical time at the club and some big decisions need to be made.
Alex Telles? His contract expires 2021, impact player, lots of goals and assist, one of the top performers in Porto's champion season...

Sergino Dest? Still raw but very promising for me, no wonder why it's Juve, Bayern, Barca and Man City rumoured to follow him closely and readying their bids...

Ideally if we manage to remove all of Sandro, Danilo and DeSciglio they would cover the cost of Telles and Dest, with Pellegrini and Cuadrado as backups I say we improved on that area..

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
If we bought one top player per season in areas that are needed instead of 2-3 shitter/average and over inflated wage billers then we’d be in a good place right now.

Jun 16, 2020
Italian fans really rate Mert Muldur from Sassuolo, young right back who did nice against us. Personally I don’t know him very well.

Always be careful with such links tho, as a nice match against us seems to convince 50% of the Juventini on internet to sign a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)