Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (185 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
lemina, coman, bonucci, zaza, neto, rincon, pjaca

list of 1st team players sold or loaned in the summer of '17/18.

i'd be surprised if khedira, higuain, de sciglio and berna would be here in 2 months. that's already 5 players with pjanic included. de sciglio, costa and rugani are probably on the market too, and it's possibly the last opportunity to cash in on sandro.

we lost tens of millions on the cl alone, closed doors mean an other 30m missing, and our wage bill was way too heavy even without corona. expect some drastic changes.
:xfinger:

We need to act more ruthless with some of our players.

Reducing the payroll itself at this point would be considered as an achievement.

Higuain
Costa
Bernardeschi
Khedira
Rugani
Ramsey/Matuidi

That's nearly €70M in wages saved by getting rid of these above players alone

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Player says "sorry, I think I'll stick with my huge salary, thanks". Which btw they are perfectly entitled to. What then?
Hopefully we can put players like Berna in a situation where we say you won't play otherwise and will miss the Euros

For the older ones it's very hard

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
:xfinger:

We need to act more ruthless with some of our players.

Reducing the payroll itself at this point would be considered as an achievement.

Higuain
Costa
Bernardeschi
Khedira
Rugani
Ramsey/Matuidi

That's nearly €70M in wages saved by getting rid of these above players alone
i expect both matuidi and ramsey to stay. not sure about the others. we'll see, at this point it's all unpredictable.

this wage bill, man. tuz, the place for thousands of self entitled football experts has been moaning about it for years. our overpaid directors didn't give a shit. the irony when the pros are wrong and the amateurs who never saw a player contract in flesh are right. that's how fucked up our policy is.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Hopefully we can put players like Berna in a situation where we say you won't play otherwise and will miss the Euros

For the older ones it's very hard
Khedira and Douglas Costa will be almost impossible to move. DC we have an outside chance if some idiot PL team comes in for him. I'm sure some manager over there has watched him play one CL game (Spurs for example) for us and thinks he is world class every week.

Ramsey will get another season, unless he decides he can't hack it or we get a good offer for him. This is also extremely unlikely with the salary he is on.

Bernardeschi will have interest. Possibly from the PL but more likely from Italy. Maybe Roma can make him a new money signing, or even Milan. I doubt he'd accept less, and less can't afford him. He would also do well in Spain with their football but their clubs outside of the top three are also broke.

Higuain is surely on his way out, and this has been an evident problem since his personal issues during the lockdown.

De Sciglio could be sold, but we won't get much for him. Simply having anyone who is good is an upgrade on him because you can't rely on him being fit for more than a few games at a time.

Danilo we are stuck with for at least another season. He's mediocre but I can tolerate him as a versatile backup.

Matuidi is also likely to be here next year unless we force him out. Maybe an upper-mid PL team or French club like Lille would take him. He has his uses in a team with better players around him but I also get the impression that he is in decline in what he used to do very well.

There is no way Bonucci is going anywhere, unfortunately. We just have to hope Demiral can continue to excel and edge him out so he plays less and less, and progressively less important games. He'll probably throw a tantrum and leave at that point.

Rugani should be sold or swapped were he not an Italian for the CL list. Maybe he will finally decide he needs to play somewhere.

It's the same issue as other teams are facing, we won't see that many money buys, it'll be swaps so we have to get creative. I don't have great faith in Paratici getting it right with his choices. And the issue we have is that we talk about the CL being an objective every season now, but the financial reality even before Covid-19 was that we are the 10th richest club in Europe, hundreds of millions short of the richest clubs, so the moves we make have to almost all be good ones. Getting 50% of them right means that we will continually fail in this competition, and not only that but it puts our Serie A dominance in danger.

I expect to see a lot of our fringe young players moved on as part of other deals. Mandragora is also a big loss on the mercato with his injury.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
You realize you named 8 players to get rid of, almost half the squad? They are on such stupid wages its ridiculous. No one will touch majority of them.

Maybe we need to rethink the people signing them on these.
too many people here playing fm and fifa, thats the problem

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I agree but as starters, in midfield. Fullbacks and wings as well. But a CF of the bench? We already have Dybala and the plan is to eventually go for Haaland (or Mbappe, who knows). I don't see how Milik fits the requirements more than Cavani, cost and quality wise
Well, since Cavani is (almost) done and won't agree a 1-year contract, it's quite easy to see how he doesn't fit the requirements... His salary is enormous and that would be just another Khedira in a year or so...

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Khedira and Douglas Costa will be almost impossible to move. DC we have an outside chance if some idiot PL team comes in for him. I'm sure some manager over there has watched him play one CL game (Spurs for example) for us and thinks he is world class every week.

Ramsey will get another season, unless he decides he can't hack it or we get a good offer for him. This is also extremely unlikely with the salary he is on.

Bernardeschi will have interest. Possibly from the PL but more likely from Italy. Maybe Roma can make him a new money signing, or even Milan. I doubt he'd accept less, and less can't afford him. He would also do well in Spain with their football but their clubs outside of the top three are also broke.

Higuain is surely on his way out, and this has been an evident problem since his personal issues during the lockdown.

De Sciglio could be sold, but we won't get much for him. Simply having anyone who is good is an upgrade on him because you can't rely on him being fit for more than a few games at a time.

Danilo we are stuck with for at least another season. He's mediocre but I can tolerate him as a versatile backup.

Matuidi is also likely to be here next year unless we force him out. Maybe an upper-mid PL team or French club like Lille would take him. He has his uses in a team with better players around him but I also get the impression that he is in decline in what he used to do very well.

There is no way Bonucci is going anywhere, unfortunately. We just have to hope Demiral can continue to excel and edge him out so he plays less and less, and progressively less important games. He'll probably throw a tantrum and leave at that point.

Rugani should be sold or swapped were he not an Italian for the CL list. Maybe he will finally decide he needs to play somewhere.

It's the same issue as other teams are facing, we won't see that many money buys, it'll be swaps so we have to get creative. I don't have great faith in Paratici getting it right with his choices. And the issue we have is that we talk about the CL being an objective every season now, but the financial reality even before Covid-19 was that we are the 10th richest club in Europe, hundreds of millions short of the richest clubs, so the moves we make have to almost all be good ones. Getting 50% of them right means that we will continually fail in this competition, and not only that but it puts our Serie A dominance in danger.

I expect to see a lot of our fringe young players moved on as part of other deals. Mandragora is also a big loss on the mercato with his injury.
I agree expcept for matuidi . We can't force a raiola client out , if we want halland next year so obviusly matuidi stays until his contract expires next year.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
people here actually believe that juve of all teams is going to sell 5-8 players in ONE MARKET?

listen here FM/Fifa autists. we would be lucky if 2-3 players leave at most.

at this point if we can trick barca into trading Coutinho or Dembele with berna would be great

@JuveJay and @Osman will try to say dembele is not worth it but anything at this point for berna would be good
I think that is doable
we can see Khedira and Matuidi contract terminated, especially Khedira. But Matuidi will be keep til end of next year as backup CM if there are no exciting opportunity emerge (club interested on him, or young players to replace at amount we can afford)

another name : Perin, Pjaca, MDS, Rugani, Costa, Berna, Higuain and probably Ramsey
Total there are 10 names, probably we can get rid around 6-8 from that name above,
some full transfer, some loan+option or just loan to take off the wage bill til their contract off (and plusvalenza later)

and in term of context maybe you true that only 2-3 players leave because we sell, some we just let go

Juventino2019

May 1, 2019
Andrea is pissed... and I'm happy he's pissed.

It's time to get rid of all the trash.

Khedira, Berna, MDS, Matuidi, Costa, Higuain, Danilo, Ramsey, Rugani, Bonucci, Sandro, Cuads....

All of these players should be out but I'll be happy if 2/3 are out.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
The signs were there from day one:
Gets rid of warrioirs such as Mandzukic. Prefers Higuain who does not give a crap, always complains on the pitch
Prefers danilo instead of cancelo (after the good season he had with us) just because he dosnt fit his 'system'
Gets rid of Kean who was ready to explode with us (everton had a shit season so cant judge him for that)
Prefers the like of khedira and matuidi over a emre can (who has done really well at dortmund)

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
Gets rid of warrioirs such as Mandzukic. Prefers Higuain who does not give a crap, always complains on the pitch
Prefers danilo instead of cancelo (after the good season he had with us) just because he dosnt fit his 'system'
Gets rid of Kean who was ready to explode with us (everton had a shit season so cant judge him for that)
Prefers the like of khedira and matuidi over a emre can (who has done really well at dortmund)
Since Agnelli has promised a surprise signing, who could it be?

- Zidane
- Allegri
- Conte
- Pocchetino
- Pep
- Pirlo
- Inzaghi

Thoughts?

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Agree with all except Can. Can is just khedira 2.0. I’m sure khedira can play well in German league too.

Selling kean for 20 mill is bad decision. Ronaldo loved That kid

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well, since Cavani is (almost) done and won't agree a 1-year contract, it's quite easy to see how he doesn't fit the requirements... His salary is enormous and that would be just another Khedira in a year or so...
He's good to go for another 2-3 years. Offer him a 2+1 contract like with Evra or Dani Alves and we good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 180)