Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (49 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Music to my ears

- - - Updated - - -

I would say like this:

-A midfielder who can fill any need Pirlo can have and is not present in the current team (Kulu?)
-A fullback who can preferably play on both sides and be starter material right away.
-A trusty center forward. it doesnt need to be a big name, but someone who can get the job done and always be ready and fit.
-An attacking winger who can play on both wings or at the very least be a very good Right Wing (Kulu?)

About kulusevski, he will most likely be a starter on the wing or midfield, but there will always be a position vacant doesnt matter were we play him, so we will need an extra winger or an extra midfielder depending on which place Kulu plays.
kulu's flair and directness is too wasted playing in midfield. so a midfielder is a must.

i think the right back position is fine with cuadrado being main guy and danilo being back up for now. we can make do with this for another season while we fix other areas. a lb is a must and DS should be let go.

ideally and realistically i think market should be:

higgy and khedira contract terminated.
berna, costa, rugani sold.

in:
new CM , aside from arthur.
romero as cb to allow de ligt to get surgery for his shoulder
Sandro i feel wont be replaced so a back up would be nice
new striker (Mertens free transfer?)
new winger to rotate with kulu and ronaldo or new main rb and move cuadrado back up.

i think thats a realistic market. rest of squad can stay as is for now until better market opportunities present themselves

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
At last some good news - Pirlo is our coach and the targets changed.
No more Jorginho and Tonali is our priority - I still rate Tonali the same but I rather him than Jorginho... Also working for Pirlo might do something good to him.
That being said I still see Inter taking him.
Locatelli - Its funny its an alternative as they are very different players.
Tonali would fight for a starting spot while Locatelli who has entirely different characteristics is more like a good sub.
Anyway if the 40M thing is true I rather us go for Aouar who I respect more than Tonali.

The other great news - We arent looking for Milik anymore. Milik is not a bad player but I wouldnt call him great either and what we need is great and above.

All this according to reports of course.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I believe Pirlo will continue with the 4-3-3 as he's stated he prefers the formation in his interview with Cannavaro. We also have the players best suited for this formation. We really just need a real LB and a regista to finish off the team now that Arthur and Kulu are coming in, so Tonali and Alaba are IMO the best picks. Alaba is usurped from the LB position by Davies and has been playing CB for Bayern, but I don't expect this to last very long, so I believe he is available and not for insane money either. Tonali is available, we just need to spill the cash. Selling Berna, Khedira, De Sciglio, Rugani and maybe some others should partly be able to finance these moves.

-------------------------Kurwa-------------------
-Cuadrado-Bonucci-De Ligt-Alaba-
--------Arthur---Tonali---Rabiot---------
---Kulusevski--Dybala--Ronaldo------

In: Tonali, Alaba (Arthur and Kulusevski).
Out: Rugani, De Shitlio, Khedira, Bernardeschi

If we have the cash, then a striker to replace Higuain and a right-back to replace Danilo would be great, but these are secondary concerns if money is tight.

Jul 13, 2010
I believe Pirlo will continue with the 4-3-3 as he's stated he prefers the formation in his interview with Cannavaro. We also have the players best suited for this formation. We really just need a real LB and a regista to finish off the team now that Arthur and Kulu are coming in, so Tonali and Alaba are IMO the best picks. Alaba is usurped from the LB position by Davies and has been playing CB for Bayern, but I don't expect this to last very long, so I believe he is available and not for insane money either. Tonali is available, we just need to spill the cash. Selling Berna, Khedira, De Sciglio, Rugani and maybe some others should partly be able to finance these moves.

If we have the cash, then a striker to replace Higuain and a right-back to replace Danilo would be great, but these are secondary concerns if money is tight.
Kurwa, besides being an expression, also means 'slut' so I'd edit this because there are 0 funny situations where you can call someone like that

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Pirlo wants Zaniolo and Tonali at Juventus
AUGUST 9, 2020

Andrea Pirlo’s arrival at Juventus will signal a change in transfer policy with two immediate targets being Sandro Tonali and Nicolo Zaniolo. The 41-year-old was appointed as new Juventus coach yesterday, signalling a dramatic change in club policy and seeing an end to Maurizio Sarri’s brief tenure at the club.

Gazzetta dello Sport report that along with a clear out, there will be a new focus on youth players, with Zaniolo and Tonali the principle targets for the new coach.

Tuttosport report on similar lines, suggesting there won’t be a mad spending spree, rather Juve will look to younger players, avoiding sizable transfer fees. With that in mind, the Turin based daily reports that long-standing target Jorginho will not longer be needed, the focus instead being Tonali, however an alternative could be Sassuolo midfielder Manuel Locatelli.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
How much money do we really have to spend on the transfer market we couldn't afford a top coach due to the financial losses in the champions League and compensation to Sarri

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

You are indeed a Kurwa for benching Bentancur. I'm very disappointed in you.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
You are indeed a Kurwa for benching Bentancur. I'm very disappointed in you.
It's an unpopular opinion on this forum but I don't rate him as high as most. I think he is a jack of all trades and master of none. Can be quite rash defensively, doesn't offer enough offensively. Very often he's been directly at fault in some of our worst games of the previous seasons and one of the reasons why our midfield has been so unreliable this season. Granted, he has shone like a diamond in the rough a couple of times and definitely improved over the course of the season putting up some great assists, but I'd still start a solid B2B like Sergej or Kante over him in a heartbeat if we'd have the funds to sign one.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It's an unpopular opinion on this forum but I don't rate him as high as most. I think he is a jack of all trades and master of none. Can be quite rash defensively, doesn't offer enough offensively. Very often he's been directly at fault in some of our worst games of the previous seasons and one of the reasons why our midfield has been so unreliable this season. Granted, he has shone like a diamond in the rough a couple of times and definitely improved over the course of the season putting up some great assists, but I'd still start a solid B2B like Sergej or Kante over him in a heartbeat if we'd have the funds to sign one.
I still think he's our bet and most gutsy midfielder. I'd definitely like SMS or Pogba, but that isn't happening. I definitely wouldn't bench Bentancur for Tonali, Arthur or Rabiot.

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Why all Italians? Other markets with better players exist. We shouldn't be so narrow in our focus. What's the point of a scouting network then?

Yes to Tonali and Zaniolo, but I'm not really sold on the other two.
Some journalist on Twitter yesterday said one of the traits of Pirlo's Juve will be 'la juventinita'. I understood that as going back to our roots and getting players that will fight for the club more than some others.

I'd love Aouar, Partey, Cavani, Boga, Camavinga, Semedo etc. but that's not happening IMO.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

i'd love to see tonali here, especially at around 30m. i do think he can become a very good cm in a couple of years. but he's way off the mark at the moment to become an instant starter for juventus.

Jun 16, 2020
Why all Italians? Other markets with better players exist. We shouldn't be so narrow in our focus. What's the point of a scouting network then?

Yes to Tonali and Zaniolo, but I'm not really sold on the other two.
The Gods have forsaken us since we’ve left our Italian identity.

- - - Updated - - -

i'd love to see tonali here, especially at around 30m. i do think he can become a very good cm in a couple of years. but he's way off the mark at the moment to become an instant starter for juventus.
I thought Inter was in advanced negotiations for a loan + obligation for around 35/40m, but they didn’t finished the deal yet and it’s taking quite some time now. Hopefully we’ll hijack that deal like we did with Kulusevski. Things can go very quickly this weeks.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Some journalist on Twitter yesterday said one of the traits of Pirlo's Juve will be 'la juventinita'. I understood that as going back to our roots and getting players that will fight for the club more than some others.

I'd love Aouar, Partey, Cavani, Boga, Camavinga, Semedo etc. but that's not happening IMO.
I don't feel those are impossible to acquire. Camavinga is probably off to Madrid, and I don't think we're looking for guys like Cavani or Semedo, who'd command insane wages.

I really want Zaniolo, but I feel he'll come in next season, so we can groom him to be the next big thing once Ronaldo leaves. A front 3 of Zaniolo, Dybala and Kuluveski is exciting, and once Dybala gets older, we can look at Haaland or Mbappe?! :boh:

We need another CM, possibly two, more depth on the wings and @ RB, and a backup striker.

Turdeski, De Shitlio, Higuain, Costa, Khedira, Matuidi and Rugani are all surplus to requirements at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)