Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (93 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
So? That mean we should stick with the shit attack we’ve had all season for next cuz “10 man Lecce dude”. Dybala was in more space when Costa came on and the game changed, we were shit first have and much better second all against “10 man Lecce dude”. The difference speaks for itself
No, it doesn't mean that at all. But sit still, I'll tell you what it actually means...

It means yesterday proves...
nothing

And yes, 10 men get tired at the end of the game, especially against a superior team, you know.

JuventinoCL

Jul 18, 2014
No, it doesn't mean that at all. But sit still, I'll tell you what it actually means...

It means yesterday proves...
nothing

And yes, 10 men get tired at the end of the game, especially against a superior team, you know.
Yikes dude u always this mad? If u watched the game u saw we definitely improved with the change not just Lecce getting tired.

Apr 29, 2006
I am fairly certain there are a number of important details Paratici is hiding in those 'dump' deals that we are just talking about. Also, that I am certain, Mbappe is served by some of the better PR firms. If he missed Buffon, he would send him a pm. We can't probably afford him this year without making all the wrong headlines, but wheeling and dealing Paratici and extensions for CR7 and Gigi... Certainly Agnelli and co. want it.

My only worry is the price. Cause some might say CR7 wasn't worth it at the end and they might be right. That's why I asked about what's the price fans here would pay.

I am not talking about some rookie Dybala OUT, Mbappe IN scenario. Means no top midfielders, perhaps no top wingbacks either. For certain limited supporting cast even if just CR7 and Mbappe are here.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Do you see the CL? Or another final?

It's a slippery slope. I don't want to take a side, but you can't say its a given.
You can't sign one player and think it's a guarantee to win the CL. That's insanity. Besides, he's completed one season here.

Winning the CL is only one reason he was brought in to help, it also draws other top players to the club, and has improved the club financially. If he leaves after 3 or 4 years then he will certainly see it as a failure because that's how he is, and you could say the same for the club, but personally I'm not as obsessed as the average fan, and won't use it as the yardstick for judging the signing a success or failure.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He did? He costs the club ~100m a year, and our revenues haven't grown as much.
I think it's about €85m between gross salary and the transfer fee, plus inevitable bonuses.

Maybe I exaggerated but aside from his value on the pitch there are also intangibles there with a signing like Ronaldo that you won't immediately see on the balance sheet, considering the importance of social media in today's society. I think our social media platforms quadrupled in numbers since he joined, almost immediately. I also see Juventus Ronaldo shirts everywhere in England, which is some going considering the strength and density of clubs here. You'll see the effect of this over the coming years.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
You can't sign one player and think it's a guarantee to win the CL. That's insanity. Besides, he's competed one season here.

Winning the CL is only one reason he was brought in to help, it also draws other top players to the club, and has improved the club financially. If he leaves after 3 or 4 years then he will certainly see it as a failure because that's how he is, and you could say the same for the club, but personally I'm not as obsessed as the average fan, and won't use it as the yardstick for judging the signing a success or failure.
I understand how it can be viewed as both a near term and long term evaluation criteria

Certain posters (who have been raised to believe they are smarter than the other farm animals in their class) see it as a binary result. CL or no CL. Although a CL would be nice without a doubt.

The long play here is the commercial and economic growth for the club. The GOATs arrival is a huge unlock for new incremental growth in existing revenue streams. His price tag and recurring wages do take a nasty hit on the books. But I'm sure the club ran several NPV models to determine the most realistic ROIC within a single contract period with the player. It would be interesting to see what the weighted avg cost of capital was for the club to maneuver the pricey move. They went in deep that summer with other signings then taking the foot off the pedal last summer (MDL as the exception).

And yes, you're also right about how it attracts other talent to join the club.

Ultimately, the positive net effects of CR7 will be felt for many years to come. Potentially into perpetuity.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I understand how it can be viewed as both a near term and long term evaluation criteria

Certain posters (who have been raised to believe they are smarter than the other farm animals in their class) see it as a binary result. CL or no CL. Although a CL would be nice without a doubt.

The long play here is the commercial and economic growth for the club. The GOATs arrival is a huge unlock for new incremental growth in existing revenue streams. His price tag and recurring wages do take a nasty hit on the books. But I'm sure the club ran several NPV models to determine the most realistic ROIC within a single contract period with the player. It would be interesting to see what the weighted avg cost of capital was for the club to maneuver the pricey move. They went in deep that summer with other signings then taking the foot off the pedal last summer (MDL as the exception).

And yes, you're also right about how it attracts other talent to join the club.

Ultimately, the positive net effects of CR7 will be felt for many years to come. Potentially into perpetuity.
Outstanding post...

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
He wants to leave too and go home tho doesnt he ? and im not confident in him staying fit for large periods of the season and then were back to stick Ronaldo or dybala in that postion where there not the best. I would like jimenez from wolves he is having a fantastic season and just gave another great assist today.
I like Jimenez too but he will cost too much im afraid.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Hasn't CR7 paid for himself already in terms of exposure and marketing for the club? Oh, and he's scored 55 goals in 79 games so far.
So we paying him 2m for a goal :p.
While we paid 1K euros for a cleansheet for Barzagli :snoop:

Actually signing Ronaldo has helped us top players wanting to join us. We moved a long way since Di Natale refused to play for us.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Do you see the CL? Or another final?

It's a slippery slope. I don't want to take a side, but you can't say its a given.
CR7 did not win the CL with Man United until his 5th season.
CR7 did not win the CL with Real Madrid until his 5th season, when he was a much better player than he is today.
What makes you think he will single-handedly win us the CL if the rest of the team doesn't do anything to win?

Apr 29, 2006
CR7 did not win the CL with Man United until his 5th season.
CR7 did not win the CL with Real Madrid until his 5th season, when he was a much better player than he is today.
What makes you think he will single-handedly win us the CL if the rest of the team doesn't do anything to win?
I might be wrong, but I think some posters here are confused that I do actually take a side. I don't. I have my doubts, which I expressed. Now, there are a lot of intangibles in life, maybe CR7 prevented De Ligt from being a drunk with his wise words or example. How could I know? I am just saying that Juventus is build to win and will be judged on that count. No matter if some toddler here or there have an occasional Juve shirt.

Now, I hope, won't be jumped as a CR7 hater. I am fucking elated he plays here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)