Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (47 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Yikes dude u always this mad? If u watched the game u saw we definitely improved with the change not just Lecce getting tired.
Not mad. Trying to point out the very very very obvious. A change/formations/tactic against Real Madrid, Inter,... is something totally different than against a 10 men Lecce. Something that works against the latter could very well be a death sentence against the former. It would need to be tested in those crucial games...

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuventinoCL

Jul 18, 2014
Not mad. Trying to point out the very very very obvious. A change/formations/tactic against Real Madrid, Inter,... is something totally different than against a 10 men Lecce. Something that works against the latter could very well be a death sentence against the former. It would need to be tested in those crucial games...
Still worth a shot for a good deal on Aouar? Like he wouldn’t be wasted at his price even if he did come in and out for tactics

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
I think it's about €85m between gross salary and the transfer fee, plus inevitable bonuses.

Maybe I exaggerated but aside from his value on the pitch there are also intangibles there with a signing like Ronaldo that you won't immediately see on the balance sheet, considering the importance of social media in today's society. I think our social media platforms quadrupled in numbers since he joined, almost immediately. I also see Juventus Ronaldo shirts everywhere in England, which is some going considering the strength and density of clubs here. You'll see the effect of this over the coming years.
85 mil or 100 mil for Ronaldo has made it very difficult for Juventus. We have some financial trouble, he did not bring that much more money in. We can not effort players like Pogba or Kante cause lack of money. Yes It is also due to the virus but we still pay Ronaldo tonnes of money. Talking about Mbappe is just blablabla. Juventus can not effort Mbappe as long as Ronaldo is here. The price will be at least 200 mil. and I see Real give much more than that. Yes you can dream but reality is something else.
To strengthen the team now is what we need not 5 years from now. On top of that Ronaldo is not what he was 5 years ago. Honestly I would keep him next year here and then sell him to make some money and buy 2/3 great players which will have a lower salary. Football is a team sport.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
This, we will need at least one power midfielder to complement Arthur and Bentacur, otherwise it'll get completely overrun. Personally a player like SMS would be a good fit because he also adds height/aerial strength (Ramsey and Arthur will get completely outgunned in the air), but no chance with Lotito..

- - - Updated - - -
Believe me it will be Jorginho

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Actually, we need more Aouar, Pogba, SMS, Ndombele, or Zaniolo news. Auba can wait - he's not a priority.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't ned mf depth, we have about 1000 midfielders, the trouble is that they are all meh
with the Arthur signing, ideally we get another top midfielder or a very hot prospect ala Tonali or Castro
Both Tonali and Castro, at this point, would be depth pieces :D

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Still worth a shot for a good deal on Aouar? Like he wouldn’t be wasted at his price even if he did come in and out for tactics
I'd like Aouar but I think we have very little resources for remaining deals and prefer a physical box-to-box, contrasting all those pussies we have right now.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'd like Aouar but I think we have very little resources for remaining deals and prefer a physical box-to-box, contrasting all those pussies we have right now.
Who are you thinking of? Ndombele on loan + obligation if certain conditions are met? He's still young. If we're willing to give Arthur a chance, I don't see why we shouldn't take a punt on him. He doesn't want to play for Mourinho. Obviously Pogba remains the dream, but we all know that's highly unlikely in the current financial climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)