Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (52 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It's all hypothetical, if he would accept 2 or 3 year contract get him, if not say bye felicia. Dani halves left because he wanted longer then 1-2 year contract and club said no.

It's a defenite no for 5 year old contract. Not everyone is a Ronaldo in terms of fitness, tho this dude moves like a gazelle and works really hard, but I would defenitely not risk it still.
i like the roma-pedro deal. tolerable wages for a free agent, 2 years with an optional 3rd, nothing wrong about it.

paris is a fancier city for his taste though. i'll let psg have him.

as for firmino, i also despise his looks, but man was he a monster during his last 2 hoffenheim seasons. not sure i was on tuz then, but i really wanted us to sign him. i don't remember any other player reaching double digits in both assists and goals, while making more than 2 tackles per matches. he would have been the perfect fit for allegri's 4-2-3-1 as a hard pressing second striker. no wonder klopp bought him. (also, i know a hungarian tattoo artist who tattooed firmino's neck and he said firmino was kind of a down to earth guy back then.)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If Pellegrini would accept leaving Roma we should definitely go for him.

If not we should try for Tonali or Castrovilli, preferably the former.
It is always nice to have good young talented players but I want a currently WC player to partner Arthur and Bentancur - Pogba or SMS for me. Not going to settle for less.. Just waiting for my disappointment to arrive in a few months..

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
I can see us going for Pellegrini. He upped his game considerably under Fonseca and has release clause IIRC.

How would he fit with Arthur and Benta in 3 men mid?

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
I can see us going for Pellegrini. He upped his game considerably under Fonseca and has release clause IIRC.

I like how he’s been playing this season, but I still think we really need someone who has power and can bully players more like SMS. There is no physical presence in that midfield

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I think our real problem right now is our disastrous quality of our youth academy. Our academy has not produce useful good talent since Marchisio, and that is 15 years ago. There are some real talents like Giovinco or Kean, but they have s**t mentality and waste their talent. If you see big clubs in Europe, all of them has produced quite a few useful players for first team squad, unlike us. Even worse, I didn't see any of our ex-youth player become good in Serie A for a long time.

In the era of high transfer fee right now, having some solid player come from youth academy will help club better focus the resource to better/high profile player in important position. We don't need them to be world class like Xavi, just solid enough to be reasonable backup. With our disastrous youth academy, we are in real disadvantage as we need to buy everyone from starters to backup, and with our not-so-great income, there will be hard for us to assemble a great squad
Based on @JuveJay 's posts in primavera thread, it seems we stopped focusing on getting Barca kids for primavera to fast track them and are instead also putting more effort into younger generations and instilling lo stile in them. Great decision, and our U17 has an amazing record.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I think our real problem right now is our disastrous quality of our youth academy. Our academy has not produce useful good talent since Marchisio, and that is 15 years ago. There are some real talents like Giovinco or Kean, but they have s**t mentality and waste their talent. If you see big clubs in Europe, all of them has produced quite a few useful players for first team squad, unlike us. Even worse, I didn't see any of our ex-youth player become good in Serie A for a long time.

In the era of high transfer fee right now, having some solid player come from youth academy will help club better focus the resource to better/high profile player in important position. We don't need them to be world class like Xavi, just solid enough to be reasonable backup. With our disastrous youth academy, we are in real disadvantage as we need to buy everyone from starters to backup, and with our not-so-great income, there will be hard for us to assemble a great squad
That's exaggerated. Give me names of top players that have been recently brought up by top clubs.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Incoming aubameyang rumours
What's the sauce, the sun or agresti?

Don't know if viable financially in long or short term, but he's the ideal type of striker for us.

Ideal CF for Ronaldo and has the technical ability for our new style. Plus can play out wide which is a big bonus given we're still tryina figure out how to lineup our attack with Dybala and Ronaldo.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
What's the sauce, the sun or agresti?

Don't know if viable financially in long or short term, but he's the ideal type of striker for us.

Ideal CF for Ronaldo and has the technical ability for our new style. Plus can play out wide which is a big bonus given we're still tryina figure out how to lineup our attack with Dybala and Ronaldo.
somewhere in between in terms of reliability. Was on one of the Juve news twitter feeds earlier today

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Regardless of the Arthur deal I just can't wrap my head around how we're not all over Aouar and Partey. By all accounts they wouldn't cost more than 100m combined, great characters, hard working, good on the ball, strong, basically no major weakness in their game...

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Re Aubameyang, we also could use more mobility/speed/runs up front

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless of the Arthur deal I just can't wrap my head around how we're not all over Aouar and Partey. By all accounts they wouldn't cost more than 100m combined, great characters, hard working, good on the ball, strong, basically no major weakness in their game...
Partey seemed good but not a must have. And not sure he'll be as good outside Atletico, where Simeone extracts 125% out of players.

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
That's exaggerated. Give me names of top players that have been recently brought up by top clubs.
I don't say we need to produce top players, just decent players to help us rotate in Serie A games. For example, the Nacho, Vasquez of Real, or kinds of Sergi Roberto in Barca, or Mc Tomminay or whatever in MU, some young Chelsea players.

As for top players, in the last ten years, we have seen Mueller, Alaba, Kroos from Bayern, Carvahal from Real, TAA from Liverpool, Thiago Alcatara from Barca. For lesser players with potential to be good, there is kinds of Rashford from MU, ... Even Inter have someone like Zaniolo (even though they waste him on Naiggolan transfer), Milan has Dounarouma, or someone decent like Locatelli.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I
I don't say we need to produce top players, just decent players to help us rotate in Serie A games. For example, the Nacho, Vasquez of Real, or kinds of Sergi Roberto in Barca, or Mc Tomminay or whatever in MU, some young Chelsea players.

As for top players, in the last ten years, we have seen Mueller, Alaba, Kroos from Bayern, Carvahal from Real, TAA from Liverpool, Thiago Alcatara from Barca. For lesser players with potential to be good, there is kinds of Rashford from MU, ... Even Inter have someone like Zaniolo (even though they waste him on Naiggolan transfer), Milan has Dounarouma, or someone decent like Locatelli.
Immobile?
I'd love Partey here. All action hard working mid.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

I like Pellegrini but if we get Arthur it means 2/3 of our mid is already known as Bentancur and Arthur both going to start which leaves only the 3rd slot.
Bentancur and Arthur both can defend and our attacking flow isnt the best so I prefer an attacking minded player and since both Bentancur and Arthur are talented but still not WC - We need a WC player to partner them - SMS or Pogba - Whoever is affordable between the two.
Pellegrini could do well but I really want someone who can definitely make an impact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)