Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
I know nothing about Arthur. He sounds like a diving faggot like Busquets. I would avoid him.

Arthur - Bentancur - Tonali

If I put it on paper like that then it definitely looks like something we would/could pull out. On the other hand I believe that signing both Arthur and Tonali is far-fetched. We will end up with fucken Jorginho and Mandragora.

Thoughts? @Bianconero81

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
we want to plusvalenza pjanic, barca are interested, and arthur is the only barca mid who seems to be available and at the same time good enough for juve.

@JuveJay who would you pick as a midfield reinforcement?
And Barca wants plusvalenza too. They're seriously after Lautaro.

BTW. Arthur is definitely a Sarri's type of mid. Little skillful midget with those turns is always useful to have.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
If you play a 3 man midfield, there’s basically two ways you can set it up:

1) A traditional destroyer (Fernandinho) at the base surrounded by two creative players (De Bruyne and Silva)

2) A deep lying playmaker (Pirlo) surrounded by all-action box to box midfielders (Pogba and Vidal)

For the last decade or so, we have been constantly playing with the second option (first with Pirlo, then with Pjanic).

I would like to see us switch to option (1) but we don’t have the right personnel for it.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...BTW. Arthur is definitely a Sarri's type of mid. Little skillful midget with those turns is always useful to have.
sarri won't be here in 2 years, but fortunately he'd fit most coaches probably. talent wise, arthur is definitely juve worthy. it's his injury record what is very worrying. and he wouldn't solve our desperate everlasting need for il nuovo vidal either.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Imo vidal is the best mid that ever played for us, not only for his skill set but especially for his mentality in this day and age.
Hear me out, i think a big problem in football nowadays is players ego, it is extremely hard to get everyone to play for the team, i think the only team that's so big that it is an ego killer of sorts is real madrid, no player is bigger than real Madrid, juventus is the same for italian players. Gone are the days where Ferguson or moggi would put the fear of God in the players hearts, why do you think conte goes for the giaccherinis of this world.
If you look at the winners over the last ten years:
Barca: core that play together forever, and maybe only neymar comes up as the toxic type to fuck a team up, and we almost beat that team.
Real madrid: ego killer
And the rest: chelsea, bayern, liverpool, inter epitomized team work those seasons

I found this anecdote which i think is a propos

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Imo vidal is the best mid that ever played for us, not only for his skill set but especially for his mentality in this day and age.
Hear me out, i think a big problem in football nowadays is players ego, it is extremely hard to get everyone to play for the team, i think the only team that's so big that it is an ego killer of sorts is real madrid, no player is bigger than real Madrid, juventus is the same for italian players. Gone are the days where Ferguson or moggi would put the fear of God in the players hearts, why do you think conte goes for the giaccherinis of this world.
If you look at the winners over the last ten years:
Barca: core that play together forever, and maybe only neymar comes up as the toxic type to fuck a team up, and we almost beat that team.
Real madrid: ego killer
And the rest: chelsea, bayern, liverpool, inter epitomized team work those seasons

I found this anecdote which i think is a propos

Great point but I think the issue isn't just the players it's the fans as well, they don't want a plucky underdog that suffers and wins by determination and more than a bit of luck, they want a team that goes toe-to-toe and player-for-player with Barcelona or Real Madrid or Man City, even if we have a lot less means to do it.

Of course, juventini are obsessed with winning the CL and would take even Chelsea's way of doing it, but after that they would not accept sliding back into relative CL mediocrity, which is what Chelsea have been ever since.

I genuinely think our plan is to juggle a team around with some absolutely quality and others filling in spaces, and think that if we can create a "quarter final plus" team for 10-12 years or so then law of averages suggests a win somewhere along the line.

We haven't won it for 24 years but in reality how many of those years did we have a team that could actually win it?

1997 to 1999 - should have won it at least once, maybe twice more in that spell
2000 to 2002 - strong team but really the start of a big rebuild and a CL win unlikely
2003 to 2006 - another chance went begging, final loss and wasted a super team under Capello
2007 to 2011 - Farsopoli years and subsequent wasteland, either didn't enter or had no genuine chance
2012 to 2014 - latter Conte years, solid QF team at best
2015 to 2019 - Allegri years where we overachieved early reaching the final, but lost two to teams with more tourno experience and individual quality

I make that 12 out of the 24 years where we put a team on the pitch that could potentially win the CL, so the plan to hang on in there and be considered a top 5 or 6 favourite each season is maybe not the worst idea.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
we want to plusvalenza pjanic, barca are interested, and arthur is the only barca mid who seems to be available and at the same time good enough for juve.

@JuveJay who would you pick as a midfield reinforcement?
Honestly, I've no idea. But I'm not paid to make those decisions...

Arthur for Pjanic is sideways, so is Jorginho on paper. But if either can make Sarri's plan work better than tired Mire and his half a season effort than it stops being a sideways step and becomes an improvement, it's not just about stature and prestige. We chose Sarri and we know he's a coach where system is nearly all-important. Allegri was more flexible, but that can also have drawbacks in terms of identity.

Who is more likely to succeed short term? Obviously Jorginho. Knows the coach, knows the league.

We talk about Pogba, but aside from the financial cost, does he really suit Sarri's way of playing? Is he going to raise his game again or be the same dabho we see in Manchester? I know we can't be super strict with Sarri's way but you get the impression already that he's trying to fit square pegs into round holes even with super talents like Ronaldo or Dybala, let alone the likes of Matuidi or Ramsey. But that's another story, we won't see the best Juve midfield or the best Juve full stop for more than a season, just depends if he gets time or if it's a failed experiment.

I'm happy to let this happen:

LCM - Jorginho - Bentancur

Matuidi, Ramsey, Rabiot as backups

LCM has to be someone of quality and balls, not necessarily as experienced or high profile as Pogba. In an ideal world it would be someone to come in and his stock rise rapidly, like Vidal's did. People knew him as a talent and he was wanted by clubs, but he went from a middling Euro team to a big team and took off. Another one of those for €20m or €25m wouldn't go amiss. If Barella had still been at Cagliari maybe he would have been an interesting option, he seems to have that spark and talent, but you won't find hardly any CMs who score goals like Vidal did. Tonali is not quite the same, I see him having a similar slow progress and style to what Bentancur has.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Honestly, I've no idea. But I'm not paid to make those decisions...

Arthur for Pjanic is sideways, so is Jorginho on paper. But if either can make Sarri's plan work better than tired Mire and his half a season effort than it stops being a sideways step and becomes an improvement, it's not just about stature and prestige. We chose Sarri and we know he's a coach where system is nearly all-important. Allegri was more flexible, but that can also have drawbacks in terms of identity.

Who is more likely to succeed short term? Obviously Jorginho. Knows the coach, knows the league.

We talk about Pogba, but aside from the financial cost, does he really suit Sarri's way of playing? Is he going to raise his game again or be the same dabho we see in Manchester? I know we can't be super strict with Sarri's way but you get the impression already that he's trying to fit square pegs into round holes even with super talents like Ronaldo or Dybala, let alone the likes of Matuidi or Ramsey. But that's another story, we won't see the best Juve midfield or the best Juve full stop for more than a season, just depends if he gets time or if it's a failed experiment.

I'm happy to let this happen:

LCM - Jorginho - Bentancur

Matuidi, Ramsey, Rabiot as backups

LCM has to be someone of quality and balls, not necessarily as experienced or high profile as Pogba. In an ideal world it would be someone to come in and his stock rise rapidly, like Vidal's did. People knew him as a talent and he was wanted by clubs, but he went from a middling Euro team to a big team and took off. Another one of those for €20m or €25m wouldn't go amiss. If Barella had still been at Cagliari maybe he would have been an interesting option, he seems to have that spark and talent, but you won't find hardly any CMs who score goals like Vidal did. Tonali is not quite the same, I see him having a similar slow progress and style to what Bentancur has.
Well there is a point you’re missing here. People dont like Arthur and Jorginho here because it means Sarri will stay for another two years minimum. And the idea of Sarri staying beyond this season terrifies them. Judging from the reports on market 20% if are true then most players we’re linked with are those who fit Sarri’s philosophy. I expect Jorginho to join, and another small quick passing player like Arthur. I dont see any chance of Pogba joining for two main reasons, financial and sarri’s system.

The only reason im open to these players is the fact that management is going to build a team for Sarri to implement his ideas. I hope Sarri gets us CHL. Will he? Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)