Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (111 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananaman

May 14, 2020
Tbh, Dortmund are an attractive proposition for young players. Sancho is still 20 years old - if he stays at Dortmund for another 2-3 years, United can still acquire him further down the line.
Oh no doubt, dortmund is a great club for him to be at. I think he will stay one more year there.

Also I'm pretty sure United are in the mess they are by thinking you replace world class top players with likes of Jack Grealish (talented, but it would take 1-2 top talents to replace the impact of someone of Pogbas caliber).
United have already signed bruno tho, so him and grealish might be enough.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 29, 2006
How about we leave Pogba at United so he can collect all those titles and play DLP, eventually? He would love it - he said so in France, no?

Hmmm ...let's see Mourinho played him as a cancer, Ole doesn't play him and Deschamps used him as an DLP because France had NO capable DLPs. But Pogba has the 'same' position - somewhere in the middle of a grassy field, kicking a ball, I presume.

Let's talk some quality talk, ah. Mourinho brought 30 years old Matic to take over Pogba. Matic - the 5 time Ballond D'Or winner! Still starting for United and winning titles.

Also Covidiotism wasn't the reason PSG or City might have financial issues. Falling oil prices are. Covidiotism isn't why United are in dire straits - greed is. Why are United impacted the most - I would leave to others to explain.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Its ok, you can admit you are a just an United fan, we dont bite here, tho you need to have rabies shot just in case (*looking nervously at BB81*).

Also I'm pretty sure United are in the mess they are by thinking you replace world class top players with likes of Jack Grealish (talented, but it would take 1-2 top talents to replace the impact of someone of Pogbas caliber).
To be fair to them they tried buying established or very promising semi-proven players before but for some reason they never make them click.

Pogba from Juve is the obvious example. But they also bought Falcao, Di Maria, Alexis Sanchez, Matic, Mkhitarian, Lukaku, Schweinsteiger, Depay, Martial... etc... almost all where playing great football right before they joined and for some reason they all turned to shit immediately after joining. Many never became good players again but some like Lukaku, Di Maria and Depay bounced back as soon as they left. Even Falcao had somewhat of a resurgence.

I dont know what they do wrong I want to point at the coaches but then again Van Gaal, and Mou are not bad coaches. Every player or coach they touch they bring down a few levels. That club has been toxic since Fergie left.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Barca are convincing Arthur to move to Juventus as the exchange for pjanic y and De Sciglio is fundamental for the budgets of both clubs. The deal had stalled but earlier this week, something changed and the Brazilian is more open to the move. [GdS]

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Let me explain how player exchange deals work. You have to give them a player they want, and they have to give you a player you want. If you are not willing to give them a player they want, or vice versa, then a player exchange cannot happen. So yes, you are right, negotiations would stop before they even started. That was my point all along, you finally got it.
you forget one thing: pogba wants to leave. keeping an unhappy player won't suit manure at all, so they are obliged to sell asap: after this mercato, pogba's price will drop, even if they exercise their option on a 1-year extension. it's more likely that manure accept depth players in part-exchange than juve giving up on de ligt. let's be real, even rugani would be an upgrade on lindelöf, not to mention rabiot vs fred or soon-to-be-32 matic.

i do think you overestimate your favorite club's bargaining power in this case.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
New rumors for Arthur - Pjanic swap. Apparently Juve said it's either Arthur or no deal and Barca is trying to push Arthur out of the club now. They want Pjanic, MDS could also be involved.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Pogba - Benta - Arthur

This would be great upgrade. Go all in on midfielders. Sell Pjanic, Khedira and Rabiot and get Arthur and Pogba. Dont touch the attack and the defence. Maybe add de Siglio + money for Semedo and call it a day.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
They need cash/pluzvalenza for Lautaro.
makes me laugh how they overspent for Braithwaite outside of a transfer window when they don't even need him or is even remotely good enough

- - - Updated - - -

You think Arthur is a great upgrade to Pjanic?
What we should be asking is does Arthur complement our midfield better than pjanic?

May 4, 2020
yeah arthur changed his mind according to gds because they have really great insider information...Makes me laugh.
As i read on spain portals arthur does not want to leave as he said already. This story should be done.

They are trying to get rid of rakitic and vidal, but nobody is crazy to buy them for more then 10 mil or swap for Pjanic like they want.

Semedo is probably going to city for cash because they need it to cover the books.
Semedo,Todibo,Cuccurela,Coutinho,Rakitic,Vidal,Neto,Firpo and Umtiti are on transfer list for them.All dead wood except Semedo and Todibo.
So I think there will not be any swaps with Barca.

Also Pogba will not come to Juve. Juve does not have cash to make that transfer. Maybe if they offer De Ligt.But that is not going to happen.
Pogba even he does not play is still big name, and offer with 32 year old douglas costa and some cash is so bad deal for them that will not happen.
If Juve wants him they will need to offer way more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)