Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Our next full back purchase better be rapid because everywhere I look the best teams usually have at least 1 that can bomb down the flank past their opposite number and it causes a shit load of problems

Ours just waddle up and down the flank punting it in the box or passing back the way

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Our next full back purchase better be rapid because everywhere I look the best teams usually have at least 1 that can bomb down the flank past their opposite number and it causes a shit load of problems

Ours just waddle up and down the flank punting it in the box or passing back the way
we already bought Pellegrini and overpaid Danilo.
So what do we do?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

I want one that can cross.

Apr 17, 2013
Explain your reasoning.

Honestly, watching Ajax against Real Madrid and Juve last season, Tagliafico impressed me more than Sandro has done in years. There's also strong rumors that he's leaving at the end of the season.

I'd take it.
Alex Sandro at his peak was top 3 in Europe, Tagliafico has his top is perhaps better than an average alex sandro, but that does make it an argument to recruit him.

From what I've seen (CL last year+ Russian World Cup) he seems to be average in attack, average in defense, what are his strengths?

28 years, still in Eredivisie, zero margin of progress.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Alex Sandro at his peak was top 3 in Europe, Tagliafico has his top is perhaps better than an average alex sandro, but that does make it an argument to recruit him.

From what I've seen (CL last year+ Russian World Cup) he seems to be average in attack, average in defense, what are his strengths?

28 years, still in Eredivisie, zero margin of progress.
Right now Tagliafico and Alex Sandro are on the same level.

But Fico is cheaper and Sandro will probably give us plusvalenza

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Lol

We played much better with Cancelo pre injury but he must have major attitude problems or something.

I wasn't even mad about his mistake against Ajax he created an away goal and cost us a home goal. Net positive.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lol

We played much better with Cancelo pre injury but he must have major attitude problems or something.

I wasn't even mad about his mistake against Ajax he created an away goal and cost us a home goal. Net positive.
We didnt have enough patience with him, it was only his 1st season and he had still room to grow tactically. But offensively, he had more talent than our current 2 RBs combined. And i dont remember the exact details of his mistake but if he had proper CBs behind him i dont think we would concede. Id take that over Danilo doing nothing all game but we still concede

james95

Sep 2, 2018
We didnt have enough patience with him, it was only his 1st season and he had still room to grow tactically. But offensively, he had more talent than our current 2 RBs combined. And i dont remember the exact details of his mistake but if he had proper CBs behind him i dont think we would concede. Id take that over Danilo doing nothing all game but we still concede
I think the directors underestimated how bad Danilo actually was during the exchange. They probably never really saw him play and thought there wasn’t much in it between the two and that we would be the one benefiting. So far, it hasn’t worked out for any of the parties involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)