Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (133 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
We didnt have enough patience with him, it was only his 1st season and he had still room to grow tactically. But offensively, he had more talent than our current 2 RBs combined. And i dont remember the exact details of his mistake but if he had proper CBs behind him i dont think we would concede. Id take that over Danilo doing nothing all game but we still concede
I'm glad he's gone.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think the directors underestimated how bad Danilo actually was during the exchange. They probably never really saw him play and thought there wasn’t much in it between the two and that we would be the one benefiting. So far, it hasn’t worked out for any of the parties involved.
I wanted Danilo when he was at Porto still, he obviously has some talent cuz hes been one of the top players for Porto for years, and probably their best in his last season when they beat Bayerm 3-1 in the QF. But that was 5 years ago, the guy isnt cut out mentally for the very highest level, i think its safe to say now that hes not met expectations at the 3rd top club in a row, all in different leagues. He should try Paris next, hes gonna have less pressure on him in the league and the rest of the team is used to underperforming in CL, so he will fit in. But i wouldnt want him to stay beyond this summer. Maybe if we played a 3 man defense as a backup RCB, but hes too expensove for that

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad he's gone.
Well hed be our 2nd best fullback this season (maybe even best if he found his 2018 form) and the best attacking one, so im not. We lack pace on the flanks, AS and Cuads are dead from playing every game and not having support from others. It was a mistake to plusvalenza him because we couldnt get rid of other expensive players.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Well hed be our 2nd best fullback this season (maybe even best if he found his 2018 form) and the best attacking one, so im not. We lack pace on the flanks, AS and Cuads are dead from playing every game and not having support from others. It was a mistake to plusvalenza him because we couldnt get rid of other expensive players.
I'm aware he'd be nice to have going forward, but god do i not for one second miss his braindead defending and how exposed our right side was with him playing.

- - - Updated - - -

And his face.

That stupid face.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I'm aware he'd be nice to have going forward, but god do i not for one second miss his braindead defending and how exposed our right side was with him playing.

- - - Updated - - -

And his face.

That stupid face.
Meh, his positives far outweight the negatives, and his defensive liability gets way overblown. In the 3 CL games he wasnt present for, we conceded 4 goals. In the 7 he played in, we conceded 5, 2 vs Atletico where he played 5 minutes and 2 vs Ajax where he played 25 minutes. SC vs Milan he played full game, we won and didnt concede. Atalanta in the Coppa was a disaster all together, we lost Chiello in the 1st half and subbed Cancelo, so Rugani of all players was our only CB out there. Serie A, 13/30 goals came in games/minutes he didnt play, and he played 25 games. We concede more often without him than with him.

I understand hes not exactly Chiellini in terms of defending, and he had couple of brainfarts, especially 2nd half of the season where he had that patch of bad form. But the whole team looked gassed and switched off, i dont think its a coincidence he looked his worst right around then. Id still take that Cancelo over what we have right now, they can have their 30M difference and Danilo back

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Attitude problems is only reason Im ok with us losing him. On the pitch his offense and creative and technical qualities outweighted his defensive woes by a margin for me. Especially when you consider players who take his minutes in De Shittio and Danilo are conpletely inept both attack and defense.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

And his face.

That stupid face.
max wanted to make him a winger. wouldn't help his face the slightest, but would help our attacks. i love juan, but cancelo's attacking skills were on an other level.

we'd still need a right back if cancelo was still there though.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I’d take Cancelo back. You can’t teach that crossing and dribbling ability. I’d have him playing more attacking. Winger.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Cancelo is great when attacking as a RB rather than a winger
As a winger he is not better than Cuad...
The problem is as much as he is great at attacking this is also how much he sucks at defending...
Id gladly take him back should we turn to 3-5-2

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
We desperately wanted to plusvalenza somebody last summer.
Dybala and Cancelo were the obvious choices because of their market value. Since Dybala rejected United, we ended up sacrificing Cancelo instead. His supposed attitude problems simply gave us a good reason to ship him off.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I would rate Cancelo if we were playing a back 3, but back 4 with him is Suicide unless you play like Klopp with his fullbacks.
Not to mention the attitude problems if we were to believe those
Exactly my point!

- - - Updated - - -

We desperately wanted to plusvalenza somebody last summer.
Dybala and Cancelo were the obvious choices because of their market value. Since Dybala rejected United, we ended up sacrificing Cancelo instead. His supposed attitude problems simply gave us a good reason to ship him off.
The reason was him asking to leave for City...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 124)