Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (53 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
Honestly we badly need a heir to Vidal

This might be the weakest midfield I've seen Juventus both in terms of physicality and athletic ability.

We scouted two French midfielders in Tolisso and Ndombele to solve this issue but it appears both are injury prone and both haven't really lived up to their potential yet.

Who could be the other candidates ?

Pogba ? He would be an obvious choice but is he going to put in the defensive shifts as he used to in his younger days ? He's also got the reputation of being lazy at United. The outlay in securing his signing is going to be huge so it remains to be seen if we can afford him.

Allan ? He'd be a very good addition for sure. He's not elite but he gets the job done but he also plays for Napoli which is going to be a roadblock for us.

Kante? Would be a fantastic addition. Elite DM, just what we lack at the moment but not sure Chelsea is gonna even consider putting him on the market.

Who else ?? Any other suggestions?
Thomas Partey would be ideal for that sort of role imo. Not sure he is looking to leave Atletico though.

Or perhaps Zakaria? @DAiDEViL @Wittl @lgorTudor. Haven't seen him play that much myself though.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We desperately wanted to plusvalenza somebody last summer.
Dybala and Cancelo were the obvious choices because of their market value. Since Dybala rejected United, we ended up sacrificing Cancelo instead. His supposed attitude problems simply gave us a good reason to ship him off.
We spent 37m on Danilo apparently

I mean, if Cancelo was sold for plusvalenza, we could have spent that money on our new fullback much more wisely.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Oh right, yeah. Well that can be due to the opponents.

I had a quick look at stats (from TM) from last season:
With Cancelo - conceded 30 goals in 34 games (0.882 gpg)
Without Cancelo - conceded 13 goals in 17 games (0.764 gpg)

Might be out by a goal or two if he was on the field at the time of the goal or not, but it's fairly negligible.
The last part is the point, there is so little difference to when hes playing and not, but his offense is twice as good compared to the rest.

Also, goal per game conceded is a bit of a difficult stat, since he entered and left games which had goals scored without him. Goals per minute conceded, or how often we concede with/without is more accurate. He played 2599/4590 minutes in all competitions, we conceded 22 goals. A goal every ~118,17 minutes. In the 1991 minutes without him we conceded 20 goals, or every 99,55 minutes. Its a small difference and doesent tell the whole story, but the sample size is large enough in both cases and it gives some idea. In form Cancelo was our best fullback last year, and we shouldnt have sold so easily if we couldnt get equal or better quality in return

- - - Updated - - -

Why are people taking about buying a new winger? Didn’t we already do that with this Kulusevski kid?
We need more. And Kulusevski is il nuovo De Bruyne @Nedved96 , wont stay a winger for long

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, if Cancelo was sold for plusvalenza, we could have spent that money on our new fullback much more wisely.
Remember how City wouldnt give us 60M and were offering much less? We inflated both players fees so we both make plusvalenzas. Thats what happens when your main goal is profit instead of putting the best possible team on the pitch

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Honestly we badly need a heir to Vidal

This might be the weakest midfield I've seen Juventus both in terms of physicality and athletic ability.

We scouted two French midfielders in Tolisso and Ndombele to solve this issue but it appears both are injury prone and both haven't really lived up to their potential yet.

Who could be the other candidates ?

Pogba ? He would be an obvious choice but is he going to put in the defensive shifts as he used to in his younger days ? He's also got the reputation of being lazy at United. The outlay in securing his signing is going to be huge so it remains to be seen if we can afford him.

Allan ? He'd be a very good addition for sure. He's not elite but he gets the job done but he also plays for Napoli which is going to be a roadblock for us.

Kante? Would be a fantastic addition. Elite DM, just what we lack at the moment but not sure Chelsea is gonna even consider putting him on the market.

Who else ?? Any other suggestions?
Rodrigo De Paul

Why would anyone buy a 25 year old midfielder from Udinese?

Makelele was 26 when he moved from Celta Vigo to Real Madrid

Wijnaldum was 25 when he moved from Newcastle to Liverpool

De Paul is another one of those late bloomers. He‘s one of the best midfielders in Serie A along with SMS

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Sorry man, but Dybala has struggled for consistency since he arrived. His supposed best position is as CF or SS, but two coaches now have found it hard to play him there and have had to use him out of position to squeeze him into the team.

Ronaldo will be gone in one to two years, but we can't just wait for him to leave or retire to have a properly functioning attack.

Maybe if Sarri's attempt to use him as a false 9 works for the rest of the season, he has a future here.

- - - Updated - - -

Why sell Higgy, we'd need a backup striker, no?

Also would the tax benefit apply to Icardi? I thought a player had to have lived abroad for a period (I can't remember how long, but I believe more than a year)?
Selling our 2nd best player and keeping the Chain Smoking Cancerous Clown is a recipe for disaster. This myth that Dybala has struggled for consistency is aggravating. Only last season, when the entire team was dogshit, was there a visible dip in Dybala's form. Over the course of the past four seasons, Dybala has been one of our best/most consistent performers, 2018-2019 season aside.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Stats are nice and all, but not every brainfart from Cancelo led to us conceding a goal (...as he wasn't the only defender back there) But they very well could have.

Idk what's there to argue. His defending has always been suspicious at best, you know that if you watched him play.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Man, if we sell Dybala and buy Icunti, with Buffon and Chiellini on the verge of retiring, I might actually stop supporting Juventus and watching football altogether. The team would be devoid of soul and so unlikable.

Can't bring myself to be excited or identify with a team that contains the likes of Danilo, De Shitlio, Rabiot, Bonucci and Icunti. There would literally be 0 likable players, well aside from Demiral, Bentancur, and perhaps De Ligt.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Rodrigo De Paul

Why would anyone buy a 25 year old midfielder from Udinese?

Makelele was 26 when he moved from Celta Vigo to Real Madrid

Wijnaldum was 25 when he moved from Newcastle to Liverpool

De Paul is another one of those late bloomers. He‘s one of the best midfielders in Serie A along with SMS
He is actually but you are making it sounds like he is on par with SMS in terms of level which he definitely not..
I`d take L.Alberto and SMS from Lazio but I dont think De Paul would be worthwhile..

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Guys it is just silly Icardi rumor ...:lol2:

Fabio said we will renew with Dybala ... so CALMA...

one more hint, we have no money for him as the mid is priority ...

just chill and Fabio will fix this team .... probably his last chance if he fails ...

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

City wanted to buy Cancelo only if they could include Danilo in the deal.
We had no other buyers that valued Cancelo 60m (but with Danilo being valued 37) so we needed plusvalenza.
Because this club can't sustain itself without plusvalenze and that's it.
The first thing I would change is that. Being free from being forced to make plusvalenze every summer.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Believe it or not the general concencus amongst city supporters is Danilo > Cancelo
idk if Cancelo was expected to be a starter or not over Walker when signed though
IDK if Danilo>Cancelo as defensively it is definitely true but offensive wise the gap is too big to just ignore...
I`d swap them if no money is involved and use him in some positions (depending on formation).

Anyway best thing is to plan forward and think about someone who can defend but also attack... Pereira isnt a bad choice to be honest.. (not the optimal one but he is better than what we have)

Sarri should go and then we should decide a formation:
3-5-2 - Cancelo is ideal for a RWB position
4-3-3 - I`d even play MDS over Cancelo as a RB so Meunir on a free should do for now while our mid sucks badly and we need 2 great midfielders (we can sell Pjanic who became too soft over the last full year)
4-3-1-2 - Same as 4-3-3 only we need a forward as well instead of a winger

In any case - Our team will achieve nothing with Sarri as K.Durant said it best: "Hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work"

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I guess we dont have a chance but how much will Sancho cost should we aim for him?
If we go 4-3-3 next season I am afraid someone like him is a must on the right and getting him from Dortmund might be the only possible way as when he arrives Real Barcelona or City it will be a no chance scenario for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)