Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Believe it or not the general concencus amongst city supporters is Danilo > Cancelo
idk if Cancelo was expected to be a starter or not over Walker when signed though
Danilo > Cancelo makes sense if a team has KDB and Bernardo Silva in the middle. Man City don’t rely anywhere near as much as Juve on fullbacks for creativity.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Van Gaal said Juve and Barca should have gone opposite with D.J and D.L
I have to agree as a team is more important than an individual..
Its easy to say this after seeing the results but he is right...
Not really we needed de ligt this season given the injuries to chiellini and demiral. Half a season with rugani and bonucci just spells disaster. In hindsight I wouldnt swap them

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Not really we needed de ligt this season given the injuries to chiellini and demiral. Half a season with rugani and bonucci just spells disaster. In hindsight I wouldnt swap them
Yeah but you could argue that its the butterfly effect.. D.J instead means different game in which Demiral doesnt do what made him injured...
Considering Demiral not getting injured would you swap them?

- - - Updated - - -

We could have kept Kulu for the 2nd part of the season but unfortunately we didn't.
What has Kulu to do with it?! He is not a central midfielder

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah but you could argue that its the butterfly effect.. D.J instead means different game in which Demiral doesnt do what made him injured...
Considering Demiral not getting injured would you swap them?

- - - Updated - - -

What has Kulu to do with it?! He is not a central midfielder
No I wouldnt have swapped de ligt for de jong even today primarily because I'd prefer a midfielder with more strength in presence like SMS or pogba, yet technically able. De jong and pjanic together sounds a little too lightweight to me

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
No I wouldnt have swapped de ligt for de jong even today primarily because I'd prefer a midfielder with more strength in presence like SMS or pogba, yet technically able. De jong and pjanic together sounds a little too lightweight to me
De Jong is extremely athletic

He’s tall and strong, capable of playing centerback in emergencies.

He’s also fast as fuck

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
De Jong is extremely athletic

He’s tall and strong, capable of playing centerback in emergencies.

He’s also fast as fuck

His movement in getting the ball and playmaking skills from the back of the midfield is simply WC - He is the biggest thing since Pirlo and Xavi (IMO)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We have a midfeld of Matuidi, Pjanic and Bentacur with Khedira on deck. Who the fuck cares about DJ, Pirlo or Xavi.
We are talking about who would have been better for us to get and in terms of our need D.J was much more needed than MDL (though it means we should sell Pjanic and get a different kind of player instead -> Pogba?)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yeah, in fact only one year is a joke. What if he leaves next year for free?! Then we'll never have never have a ball recovering type ever again!
1. We need 2 and we only have 1!
2. Yeah we can sell him for penuts but you dont get someone as good for the same amount and we need that money for other targets as well..

Considering you have all the resources in the world - Yeah it would be stupid to extend but considering budgets and all - I dont think it was such a bad move + Matuidi is so underrated around here... Dont get me wrong I would rather other players than Matuidi but he is not as bad as some make him to be..

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
1. We need 2 and we only have 1!
2. Yeah we can sell him for penuts but you dont get someone as good for the same amount and we need that money for other targets as well..

Considering you have all the resources in the world - Yeah it would be stupid to extend but considering budgets and all - I dont think it was such a bad move + Matuidi is so underrated around here... Dont get me wrong I would rather other players than Matuidi but he is not as bad as some make him to be..
I actually dont mind extending him for another year but also it's no big loss if we didn't. We have to get someone better regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)