Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
the question with Aouar is where would you play him in Pirlos system? He’s not a pivot, so that leaves Ramsey’s spot, but that’s where Arthur best fits as well. If were talking mids, I think Locatelli is a better fit as he can play in more spots.
Thus far in his career Arthur has been at his best when he played in a double-pivot for Gremio and Brazil NT so not sure where you've got this idea of him being a better fit in a more advanced role. Even Pirlo himself said that all four of our midfielders (Wes, Rabiot, Ben, Arthur) fit better in a two.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Thus far in his career Arthur has been at his best when he played in a double-pivot for Gremio and Brazil NT so not sure where you've got this idea of him being a better fit in a more advanced role. Even Pirlo himself said that all four of our midfielders (Wes, Rabiot, Ben, Arthur) fit better in a two.
What I mean by better fit is more opportunity to play. I don’t think he’s better than Rabiot nor do I think he brings the dirty work that McKennie does. But Ramsey is injury prone and even if he’s fit his minutes will probably need to be monitored, so I think Arthur has a better opportunity to play there.

Jun 6, 2015
What I mean by better fit is more opportunity to play. I don’t think he’s better than Rabiot nor do I think he brings the dirty work that McKennie does. But Ramsey is injury prone and even if he’s fit his minutes will probably need to be monitored, so I think Arthur has a better opportunity to play there.
I disagree. He will get his playing time in those deeper roles once he's up to speed and gets used to the new league. However as we saw with Rabiot last season those things can take a while.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Juventus management are working to sign a right winger: Chiesa & El Shaaraway are the names to follow. Costa to leave. [SportMediaset]

Juventus have not received any concrete requests for Bernardeschi. [SportMediaset]
SES and his substance abuse problem of years past

lovely rumor :lol:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
He is not average.. He is a good player and is pretty smart in his game play BUT he is going to a team that has no future and except Auba they dont even have a present..
He will go to Arsenal and be their new Nasri - This is my input about his possible career move.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see what you are talking about.
Actually Arsenal are on the way up- their new defensive pair of Saliba and Gabriel is really good.
Arteta is a highly competitive manager, just look how they've won games against Liverpool, Man City, United despite having a much weaker team.
They have a good attack with Auba and Lacazette. Their midfield is poor, but someone like Aouar will definitely elevate it to the next level.
I definitely see them challenging for the top 4 spots.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Actually Arsenal are on the way up- their new defensive pair of Saliba and Gabriel is really good.
Arteta is a highly competitive manager, just look how they've won games against Liverpool, Man City, United despite having a much weaker team.
They have a good attack with Auba and Lacazette. Their midfield is poor, but someone like Aouar will definitely elevate it to the next level.
Why are we talking about the money dab ho farmers league ? Keep those Sharons out of the news please

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well they are one of the best 6 teams in the EPL but only Man City Liverpool and Man Utd (since we know they will be back some day) matter the rest are more of a stepping stone rather than becoming a legend.
It doesnt mean he cant do it there but I think he needs an even better environment (especially midfield wise) to fulfill his potential.

P.S Aouar in Ramsey`s position isnt a bad idea...

- - - Updated - - -

Why are we talking about the money dab ho farmers league ? Keep those Sharons out of the news please
More of a talk about our target Aouar and how he would fit or not at Arsenal as they are the closest to his signature but yeah enough about them.
I dont think we should expect another big signing

Paolino

Nov 1, 2013
If Ramsey can keep his form we don't need another midfielder and I think Arthur, Benta, Rabiot , Ramsey, Weston are good enough. We can go for someone like Adama Traore instead of Aourar and use DC for signing him. He will be a beast in Pirlo's formation.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
i think we will loan pellegrini and buy gosens. atalatanta linked to firpo from barcelona

descilgio to leave for rome since karsdorp is injured. we shoul just give him away or really cheap fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)