Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
If we sell Khedira and buy a young striker then this will be the best mercato ever.
I don't see why we need another striker tbh. Sure, Morata is the only pure #9 but with Ronaldo, Dybala, Kulusevski and Morata we form a strong frontline. We can just add a young striker from our U23 if we're so unlucky and 2 or 3 get injured at the same time.

Adding to our wage bill by signing another striker who most likely won't feature at all is just a waste imo

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I don't see why we need another striker tbh. Sure, Morata is the only pure #9 but with Ronaldo, Dybala, Kulusevski and Morata we form a strong frontline. We can just add a young striker from our U23 if we're so unlucky and 2 or 3 get injured at the same time.

Adding to our wage bill by signing another striker who most likely won't feature at all is just a waste imo
yea I don’t see the need for another 9 anymore as I don’t see Morata being a full time starter. Vrioni is probably close to ready anyway, he’ll be the backup to the backup lol.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Atalanta just announced a left back arrival today btw..

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing how taxing the wingback position is in Pirlos system, I wouldn’t be surprised if Tici brought in a LB and a RB, while dumping MDS. No way can we rely on Sandro and Cuadrado to play essentially every game like they did under Sarri.

Last edited:

athas

Jul 15, 2007
I think our squad only need one or two more signing to be complete. Base on the first match, Pirlo want to play a hybrid formation, with the RCB(Danilo) can play RB, the LWB (Frabotta) can play LB, the AMC(Ramsey) can come back to LM. I'm sure Pirlo want a hybrid for right side as well.

1. The Left:
Left1.png

- The RWB is the more attacking than the left, Cuadrado is little lacking in decision and direct to make the most of the space. And If Cuadrado injuries, Danilo won't provide enought attack power, Bernardeschi is always cut inside. Imo we need one attack RWB. Chiesa would be great.

- I don't know if we can count on Frabotta in full season. Gosens would be a safer choice.

2. The Right:

Right1.png

- In this formation, we actually cover all position.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
C'mon, stop this BS... think before you write anything... we would only get 50% of Benta's fee if sold...
who would pay a big fee for Dybala, especially he is injured now and we just bought Arthur and his price is not near what we paid for him...
Not anymore , Juve made a deal with Boca and removed 50% clause :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Here’s how I see the midfield depth chart

Left pivot
Rabiot
Bentancur

Right pivot
McKennie
Bentancur

AM hybrid
Ramsey
Arthur
Kulusevski
Bernardeschi

So if we’re gonna add a mid, it should be someone that can play the pivot imo
Oddly, McKennie played on left and Rabiot on right.

Guessing to cover for overlapping LB and Ramsey during transition.

- - - Updated - - -

Arthur is second CM in Brazilian tactics

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Guelpa claims Juve might sign Dzeko as well. Sounds like BS to me
Lol, who's guelpa?

- - - Updated - - -

If Ramsey can keep his form we don't need another midfielder and I think Arthur, Benta, Rabiot , Ramsey, Weston are good enough. We can go for someone like Adama Traore instead of Aourar and use DC for signing him. He will be a beast in Pirlo's formation.
You guys are so pleased or displeased based on one game.

Two more games and he'll be injured again.

When he returns and plays while at 80% and inevitably doesn't perform, it'll be "he was never a good player" again.

We should sell him now if a bid arrives and sign the generational talent.

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Here’s how I see the midfield depth chart

Left pivot
Rabiot
Bentancur

Right pivot
McKennie
Bentancur

AM hybrid
Ramsey
Arthur
Kulusevski
Bernardeschi

So if we’re gonna add a mid, it should be someone that can play the pivot imo
Arthur is a central midfielder, not an attacking midfielder.

Arthur really isn't that good in the final third (his lack of goals and assists in his two seasons at Barca show that). He is the kind of player who can evade the press from deep positions, like a poor man's Verratti.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
i didn't say he's a realistic target for the remainder of this current mercato, i just said that he had defensive skills and a good fit for a 2-man midfield.
In important games they had a third mid with actual defensive skills.

Pirlo's AM-LM is tailor made for Aouar and his double pivot is more withdrawn/conservative.

@Mark is Juventibus reliable?

- - - Updated - - -

Arthur is a central midfielder, not an attacking midfielder.

Arthur really isn't that good in the final third (his lack of goals and assists in his two seasons at Barca show that). He is the kind of player who can evade the press from deep positions, like a poor man's Verratti.
Not to mention he isn't a LM either.

We may see him in that role occasionally given his playmaking ability but defo for double pivot first and foremost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)