Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Biggest media in germany reported it. McKennie was put on the market - Schalke needs money and they wanted to sell him. First there was Hertha, but they couldnt meet Schalke demands. After the sale of Hojberg to Spurs, Southampton came in, but they also couldnt meet Schalke expectations.
The news about Juve came out of nowhere, but he was rumoured to leave before.
Also Kicker reports it will be 6m for loan not 3:
https://www.kicker.de/782861/artike...VBUoGZyKG3DUEJXQzvxE9dYradq4cfJF3GV5ovMEHibP4
lets see who is right Germany or Italian media.
so 24m total? Sounds like Juve really like him to me. I trust Tici and crew when it comes to evaluating young players. It’s the older ones that are the problem.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
so 24m total? Sounds like Juve really like him to me. I trust Tici and crew when it comes to evaluating young players. It’s the older ones that are the problem.
yea, i prefer that we buy such players from bundes, ligue1 or serie a than buy trash from big clubs, who sits on fat contract and does nothing.
and potentially MCKennie can be a big suprise, he has all the tools to succeed it seems, but lets not compare him to Vidal who already was a ready player.

Jun 16, 2020
Wow this come out of the blue... we really know nothing,eh, an American... if we get a Chinese and a Mexican too, I would say Messi is coming and we are preparing the ground lol

Now seriously. New Vidal? well the bar is high enough for the kid
Yeah but I’d cry if they’d say ‘he’s the new Khedira’.

Seems more like a Partey. Vidal improved massively at us, he’s skills on the ball were much better in his last then in his first season. Maybe he’s a bit comparable to first season Vidal. Anyway media always exaggerate things.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
So it seems that benta Arthur rabiot will be the starters ,with Ramsey locatelli/ de Paul/aourar and McKinney off the bench.

Not very impressive, but enough to win Seria A.
Cl is a far fetched dream anyway.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
So it seems that benta Arthur rabiot will be the starters ,with Ramsey locatelli/ de Paul/aourar and McKinney off the bench.

Not very impressive, but enough to win Seria A.
Cl is a far fetched dream anyway.
Aouar will be a starter if he comes. He's a top talent. It looks very unlikely at this point anyway.

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
yea, and tbf i know we are really craving to get a strong workhorse to the midfield, but is Partey really such a world breaker?
I think there is a good reason why no team paid his 50M euros release clause (yet?).
+ McKennie is an all-round midfielder, raising talent with all characteristics requested by Pirlo + the loan deal helps us a lot from financial perspective this summer. :D

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
meanwhile Inter once again goes for Vidal. I had a thought about him at Juve, but lets be clear - 33 year old, who will demand a 5m+ wages and probably at least 3 years contract. Also Barca will demand some fee for him, for me bullet dodged.
One more plus for us is that if Conte gets him he will play him all the time in expense of players like Eriksen and Tonali probably.

Jun 16, 2020
meanwhile Inter once again goes for Vidal. I had a thought about him at Juve, but lets be clear - 33 year old, who will demand a 5m+ wages and probably at least 3 years contract. Also Barca will demand some fee for him, for me bullet dodged.
One more plus for us is that if Conte gets him he will play him all the time in expense of players like Eriksen and Tonali probably.
Vidal is a big NO atm. At least 3 years to late to buy him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah . I saw we were still linked with him , but it's probably going to be one of locateli or de Paul.
I always think we don’t have the resources to buy big players, but then we end up with De Ligt or Ronaldo.

As for now, we spent basically nothing and we already have Arthur, McKennie and Kulusevski. We sold Mandzukic, Can, Pjanic, Muratore and Sene.

We still have Costa, De Sciglio, Bernardeschi, Rugani/Romero and Perin to sell. It’s very optimistic to think that all of them will leave, but I think that there’s room for a 60m transfer.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Vidal had success in Germany but I don't think anyone thought he would turn into the beast and quality player he did when joining us. No different to pogba. We need to find these players who are ready to take their game to the elite level.
The Vidal signing was nothing like the Pogba one though. We signed Vidal after a breakout season in which he was arguably the best mid in the league, with Bayern waiting to pick him up too. If you watched the german league back then, you knew we are gonna sign a standout player.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
The Vidal signing was nothing like the Pogba one though. We signed Vidal after a breakout season in which he was arguably the best mid in the league, with Bayern waiting to pick him up too.
exactly what i was saying, and he had last year on his contract if i remember correctly? McKennie is nowhere there yet, but McKennie is also 2 years younger than Vidal back then.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
exactly what i was saying, and he had last year on his contract if i remember correctly? McKennie is nowhere there yet, but McKennie is also 2 years younger than Vidal back then.
He's alright, but the comparison isn't doing him any good. If he becomes half of what Vidal was, I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)