Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (146 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
if we get aouar, he's either our pjanic replacement, or a mezz'ala for the left side of the pitch (so no pogba then).
With Dybala and CR here LCM must do a lot of dirty work, that's what I'm asking basically, how is Aouar in that department, I'm not worried about his attacking input.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
With Dybala and CR here LCM must do a lot of dirty work, that's what I'm asking basically, how is Aouar in that department, I'm not worried about his attacking input.
I'd honestly bench Dybala for the big CL ties, especially away. For Serie A we should be fine the way we play currently, aka 442/433 with LCM defending wide. Aourar should be able to do that based on what Ive seen and read. He's no Matuidi, but I don't think we even need Matuidi like workrate 90% of the time, even with Dybala-Ronaldo

Apr 17, 2013
Would you rather we sign Aouar or Pogba?

If Aouar is that impressive, signing him makes more sense to me. Younger and more manageable salary.

Screw United the third time and get him for free or for cut price in Jan. :wine:
It's 2 players who have different characteristics, the player closest to Aouar is Ramsey.
But to answer your questionPogba is better and more complete player. Aouar tu peux plus le compar

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The great mind of zizi strikes again

Balotelli
Saponara better than Isco
Barella won't join inter 100% but sign with us 100%
Allegri to sign with failing Milan
Alisson should've won ballon dor
Etc

He's a giver

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He scored against Bayern and Barca
Against barca we had a lot width with the 4231 and offensively talented fullbacks on both sides. Bayern we dominated away from home (until not 100% fit subs came on) using the 451. Same with Real away. Against weaker teams we can get away on talent and quality alone, but vs equally or more talented teams we need to be able to outlast, outduel and outsmart them over 180 minutes. 451 gives us better chances at it because it allows us to use our width better, puts us up to win the midfield battle and gives us more numbers when defending. And again, this is no jab at Dybala, if we didn't have CR I'd say play him alone upfront.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Against barca we had a lot width with the 4231 and offensively talented fullbacks on both sides. Bayern we dominated away from home (until not 100% fit subs came on) using the 451. Same with Real away. Against weaker teams we can get away on talent and quality alone, but vs equally or more talented teams we need to be able to outlast, outduel and outsmart them over 180 minutes. 451 gives us better chances at it because it allows us to use our width better, puts us up to win the midfield battle and gives us more numbers when defending. And again, this is no jab at Dybala, if we didn't have CR I'd say play him alone upfront.
A top team like Juve should be able to rely on talents and not only workhorses (even if they are also useful, we shouldn't rely only on them). We are not the same team as 5 years ago or before, Juve is a powerhouse. Time to act like one.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Is it zizinho or Mourinho? :p

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
The great mind of zizi strikes again

Balotelli
Saponara better than Isco
Barella won't join inter 100% but sign with us 100%
Allegri to sign with failing Milan
Alisson should've won ballon dor
Etc

He's a giver
Did he really come up with all that faff?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
A top team like Juve should be able to rely on talents and not only workhorses (even if they are also useful, we shouldn't rely only on them). We are not the same team as 5 years ago or before, Juve is a powerhouse. Time to act like one.
Its not workhorses its talented players, but ones that give you a more balanced unit both phases of the game. For the best teams, making adjustments is completely normal and shouldnt be viewed as small club mentality

- - - Updated - - -

Did he really come up with all that faff?
No, pavle lacks comprehension skills and suffers from amnesia like symptoms. Youd be well advised to not take him seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 146)