Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2007
I don't mind Matuidi as a squad option and recognise that he does offer something to the team in certain games.

But his ball winning and recovering is a bit of a misconception. He has less interceptions and tackles per game than Bentancur, Pjanic and Rabiot this season.
I agree with that but he pressures and causes a lot of 2nd ball recoveries by the next pass

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Would you guys take Coutinho for the left at a decent price?

Coutinho-Ronaldo-Dybala
Dont think that works, nah, Coutinhos favorite move to cut in from the left and shoot is already in our arsenal and Ronaldo is a lot deadlier with it :D If hed be cheap, he could be Ronaldos sub, but hes not.

Imo Dybala-Ronaldo should be a front two not three, or a hybrid 2.5 as with Cuads. If we dont think Cuads/Kulu/Costa is sufficient for that role, we can buy someone, but mid, RB are more pressing issues

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I think Coutinho and James belong to the past. I wouldn't take them.
Coutinho has decent stats this season. But yeah, dont watch Bayern so idk.

Dont think that works, nah, Coutinhos favorite move to cut in from the left and shoot is already in our arsenal and Ronaldo is a lot deadlier with it :D If hed be cheap, he could be Ronaldos sub, but hes not.

Imo Dybala-Ronaldo should be a front two not three, or a hybrid 2.5 as with Cuads. If we dont think Cuads/Kulu/Costa is sufficient for that role, we can buy someone, but mid, RB are more pressing issues
Ronaldo doesn't play much on the left anymore, does he?

Yeah CM and RB are more pressing, that's why I suggested him as a potential bargain

Dont think a front two would work without a worldclass CAM. I think we'll more likely go forward with a front 3

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Kulusevski? Where does he play? There's only one winger that needs replacing this summer and it's Douglas Costa - the right winger.

Let's aim higher than Chiesa or Orsolini. I don't know which top class genuine wingers are potentially available at the moment, but someone in the vane of Hazard and these types should be what we're after if in fact Kulusevski isn't Douglas Costa's direct replacement.

As far as the big targets go this summer, if we need to sell a big name for big money then it's Pjanic for sure. As good as he can be, he's never been as suited to regista as he could be. We need a player there who either has a longer range of passing (e.g Xavi Alonso, Pirlo - what modern players have that kind of passing range though?) or a much stronger physical presence who's able to assist the defence, like what Barca have with Busquets. Pogba or SMS is a must buy and it's going to take a big sale to fund it. But if Pjanic were the one to go, then that creates a new void in the regista role that needs thinking about.
Kulu doesn’t have the pace to play as winger at the highest level.

He would be best in a De Bruyne type role.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Coutinho has decent stats this season. But yeah, dont watch Bayern so idk.

Ronaldo doesn't play much on the left anymore, does he?

Yeah CM and RB are more pressing, that's why I suggested him as a potential bargain

Dont think a front two would work without a worldclass CAM. I think we'll more likely go forward with a front 3
What about 442?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Kulusevski? Where does he play? There's only one winger that needs replacing this summer and it's Douglas Costa - the right winger.

Let's aim higher than Chiesa or Orsolini. I don't know which top class genuine wingers are potentially available at the moment, but someone in the vane of Hazard and these types should be what we're after if in fact Kulusevski isn't Douglas Costa's direct replacement.

As far as the big targets go this summer, if we need to sell a big name for big money then it's Pjanic for sure. As good as he can be, he's never been as suited to regista as he could be. We need a player there who either has a longer range of passing (e.g Xavi Alonso, Pirlo - what modern players have that kind of passing range though?) or a much stronger physical presence who's able to assist the defence, like what Barca have with Busquets. Pogba or SMS is a must buy and it's going to take a big sale to fund it. But if Pjanic were the one to go, then that creates a new void in the regista role that needs thinking about.
D.Costa could be immense if only Sarri uses his time and instruct him to enter the box whenever possible - This guy`s ball control is sick!
He is in need to be replaced unfortunately as he just gets injured too often..

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juve to scout Aouar
By Football Italia staff
It’s reported that Juventus will pay special attention to Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar during their Champions League Round of 16 matches.
Tuttosport speculates that the 21-year-old is the Bianconeri’s main transfer target this summer, should moves for Paul Pogba and Sandro Tonali not happen.
The Turin daily states that vice-President Pavel Nedved and director of sport Fabio Paratici will pay particular interest to Aouar during the two encounters.
Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas is reportedly open to selling the midfielder to the Bianconeri.
Aouar has made 23 appearances in Ligue 1 this season, scoring three times and providing equal amount of assists.
He turns 22-years-old in June.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Juve to scout Aouar
By Football Italia staff
It’s reported that Juventus will pay special attention to Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar during their Champions League Round of 16 matches.
Tuttosport speculates that the 21-year-old is the Bianconeri’s main transfer target this summer, should moves for Paul Pogba and Sandro Tonali not happen.
The Turin daily states that vice-President Pavel Nedved and director of sport Fabio Paratici will pay particular interest to Aouar during the two encounters.
Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas is reportedly open to selling the midfielder to the Bianconeri.
Aouar has made 23 appearances in Ligue 1 this season, scoring three times and providing equal amount of assists.
I dont know how much I am impressed with Aouar - I mean he obviously is a very good player but I want players who are proven to be effective as D.Costa for example could have been our second best player should he be more effective..

Aouar is a great talent though..
Tonali - He is very good at creating counters and is Italian which should be a bonus to an Italian team

Pogba - We should book him up for next season and not let anything stand in our way!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Juve to scout Aouar
By Football Italia staff
we scouted cr (haha), then we scouted de ligt. watch aouar scoring lyon's winning goal :scared:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Would you rather we sign Aouar or Pogba?

If Aouar is that impressive, signing him makes more sense to me. Younger and more manageable salary.

Screw United the third time and get him for free or for cut price in Jan. :wine:
Thats an easy one...
Aouar might become great for us but Pogba most definitely will...
We need reinforcement in midfield and we need it big time..
I personally would get Pogba and Vidal while shipping Matuidi...
I wouldnt rule out shipping Pjanic as well if we get a good bid but I doubt it will happen..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)