Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Only Cavani and Mandzu (if he's still at his last seen level) out of that list are Juve material. And one is on his way to other destinations while we chase 50M Milik, and the other is not coming back. One legged Dzeko would be 3rd best player on that list
How about Morata on loan? :boh:

I don't want Milik, definitely not for 50, not even for 30.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Partey
De Paul
Gosens
Lacazette

Rate this mercato
Given the circumstances, probably a 7. It all depends on who gets sacrificed and whether we can dispose of the dead weight or not.

Any Mercato where Dybala is sold is an automatic 0 (ZERO!!!) unless Mbappe is coming in.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. Instead of just following, maybe it's time to act fucking Tootsie. I really hate that fucker and Blonde Bozo.

- - - Updated - - -

Buying Edin Dzeko in 2020..... Another frozen, washed up player that doesnt run and is past his best. This fetish of ours to buy old war heroes needs to stop. Depressing.
giphy.gif

May 26, 2016
It will be a long dark few months around these parts
Im worried. Not about pirlo getting the job, i kind of settled into that now and feel some optimism after Sarri gone, but we are in a very crucial situation now with so much deadwood and the importance of replacing them with the right players for the future.

If we have to sell dybala to do this it wont be pleasant one.

It's a very delicate task with our financial situation and this mercato feels more decisive than previous ones. On top of that you have situations like khedira and bernardeschi who is not really wanted but hard to get rid of.

Hopefully the management makes the right calls

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
guys hear me out:

why don't we send some scouts to the favelas in brazil and sign poor brazilian kids for cheap.

@PedroFlu @CrimsonianKing
Cheap, young, consistent, underrated, complete CF, strong, fast enough, no nonsense, uses both feet, decent skill, scores regularly, from a club desperate to sell: Evanilson from Fluminense, 20 yrs old. Has been playing since the end of last year, I've seen more than enough. Flying under the radar in Brazil, but not for long. Late boomer. Not a phenomenon, but a very solid player. Would be available for no more than 5-8M. In 1 yr he'll be worth at least 5x that. Perfectly capable of being a backup/rotation player for Juve IMO.

I'll leave just one goal for you (of today):

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Dzeko is 34. If you're gonna rage, at least do it right :lol:

But I don't want Dzeko here anyway. At that point, you might as well keep Higuain. At least he's almost 2 years younger

- - - Updated - - -

I just find it almost impossible to believe that Atletico would even consider a Bernardeschi/Partey swap. Simeone is many things, but stupid ain't one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

According to this, Dzeko makes 9.2 million gross per year

https://www.capology.com/club/roma/salaries/
Simeone has a history of dumb buys, it's possible.

What salary is Partey wanting?

I like Dzeko but makes no sense wasting resources on him. Pretty sure links are media invention. Backup striker should be Milik, who represents value buy/trade, or someone on loan. Backup is the operative word, not supposed to be an exciting player, but one of right profile and decent/serviceable.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys gotta be realistic though. We aren't going to sign the Pogba's of the world during this COVID fiasco. Everything is jacked up. Best case scenarios we shop locally and improve gradually unless some super star falls into our lap from some freak market opportunity. Ain't gonna happen.

We were lucky with Arthur because Barca are being screwed with high salaries and Kulu looks to be a great market buy. The De Pauls, Locatelli's, Gosens are still improvements over the Sami's, Rabiot and Matuidi's.

Nearly every single name (bar Dzeko) is going to lower the average age of our squad. So, that box is checked. Nearly every singe name would improve our lineup but because they aren't some superstar name you guys are bummed. It's still an improvement.
The thing is these cheap trade deals are exactly what can enable us to buy someone like Pogba.

Makes sense complaining about de Paul but don't get the other complaints. People want to sign Messi for backup striker and peak Roberto Carlos for LB/LWB? I'd look at LB from another league except for Perin + small amount of cash, it's a deal (and it weakens Atalanta).

Last edited:

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Imagine replacing Matuidi with Partey and Khedira with De Paul, that would be an excellent midfield.
somehow I get the feeling that we're after De Paul just to not bring back Mandragora.
De Paul is ,at best, a 25m player we'll prolly pay him 35 just to keep away Mandragora at Udinese.
I wouldn't blame the management for this move by the way

rainhard

May 5, 2004
somehow I get the feeling that we're after De Paul just to not bring back Mandragora.
De Paul is ,at best, a 25m player we'll prolly pay him 35 just to keep away Mandragora at Udinese.
I wouldn't blame the management for this move by the way
Hopefully that is the case, instead of buying broken Mandragora for 26m, lets just buy De Paul from 30m
Udinese still get the money and we do not stuck with injured players

Jun 16, 2020
Cavani would be my 1st choice as well, but seems there are no links whatsoever. Not sure about Jovic, could be too expensive considering we need money for the midfield.

Agree about Szaboszlai, we should jump on that if true (probably is, Haalands clause turned out to be true as well).

We have no room for a RB unless we sell Danilo im afraid. Once MDS leaves, we will need an alternative for AS so lets get that 1st.

Matuidi is gone so we are already a mid short. Khedira leaves and we need 2. I like Locatelli as well but we need a starting caliber mid along him
Reports saying that Real Madrid asks ~45m. We could easily offer 10/15 now and 35 next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)