Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I think we better sell all those name on the list. keep our best players

Focus for 1 name in the midfield,call back loaned out player as backup and call it mercato
18/19 > CR7
19/20 > MDL
20/21 > SMS ? Arthur, Kulu

We weakened Lazio (one of competitor) too

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
The thing is there are two major problems
1. Tactics - Sarris tactics made us too prone to conceding goals.
Since we dont know how Pirlo is going to play its tough to say how much we need a defensive minded midfielder but we definitely need someone who can defend.
2. Link up from mid to forwards in the final third - This is probably our major problem.
Tactics are really up to Pirlo. Still; Rabiot, Bentancur and Mandragora/Locatelli are 3 players who can defend.

Aouar is in my opinion able to deliver the ball to the attack, as is Arthur but I expect him to occupy the space between a DM and a AM.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Im worried. Not about pirlo getting the job, i kind of settled into that now and feel some optimism after Sarri gone, but we are in a very crucial situation now with so much deadwood and the importance of replacing them with the right players for the future.

If we have to sell dybala to do this it wont be pleasant one.

It's a very delicate task with our financial situation and this mercato feels more decisive than previous ones. On top of that you have situations like khedira and bernardeschi who is not really wanted but hard to get rid of.

Hopefully the management makes the right calls
I concur

The work management needs to do to renew a new cycle is tremendous and no task.

This will be one of several successive summer mercatos that will feature tough, unpopular and frustrating rumors/decisions

Sadly they cannot share their vision publicly so fans have little insight outside of fragmented information in the news coupled with published balance sheet details

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
It is time to stop talking about Cavani. He is on his way to Benfica.
Nobody reliable has reported that yet. And it makes no sense based on Cavani's negotiations with other clubs. It was reported Inter, Roma and others gave up because he was asking for 10m+ net. Benfica could never afford that, he'd have to take 3-4 times less than what he made at PSG.

Romano and Di Marzio are quiet which means nobody knows anything yet. My money is still on Atletico.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Nobody reliable has reported that yet. And it makes no sense based on Cavani's negotiations with other clubs. It was reported Inter, Roma and others gave up because he was asking for 10m+ net. Benfica could never afford that, he'd have to take 3-4 times less than what he made at PSG.

Romano and Di Marzio are quiet which means nobody knows anything yet. My money is still on Atletico.
but we should stop talking about him

along with other olds

the squad needs injection of youth for a new cycle. Not future funerals lined up

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
but we should stop talking about him

along with other olds

the squad needs injection of youth for a new cycle. Not future funerals lined up
We should stop talking about him because Paratici already rejected him back in December and we'll never give him the salary he wants.

In terms of age it means nothing. He's one of those guys who'll be able to play at a high level deep into his thirties.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
We should stop talking about him because Paratici already rejected him back in December and we'll never give him the salary he wants.

In terms of age it means nothing. He's one of those guys who'll be able to play at a high level deep into his thirties.
the same assumption was probably made about Higuaín

granted cavani wouldn’t come with a huge acquisition fee

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
I think we better sell all those name on the list. keep our best players

Focus for 1 name in the midfield,call back loaned out player as backup and call it mercato
18/19 > CR7
19/20 > MDL
20/21 > SMS ? Arthur, Kulu

We weakened Lazio (one of competitor) too
Bro, we're broke, CL exit fucked us. We don't have money for SMS, let alone SMS the player.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
the same assumption was probably made about Higuaín

granted cavani wouldn’t come with a huge acquisition fee
When did anyone in their right mind say that about Higuain? From the first day here he was overweight. Cavani is like an Ibrahimović or Ronaldo in terms of physical preparation.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
When did anyone in their right mind say that about Higuain? From the first day here he was overweight. Cavani is like an Ibrahimović or Ronaldo in terms of physical preparation.
You don’t make a huge investment like that thinking the player will decline so sharply. That was an accelerated rate of decline and depreciation that no one expected.

Either way we don’t need older high earning players. We have the the best one to fit that category that is worth the expense. Can’t expect for lightning to strike twice.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
You don’t make a huge investment like that thinking the player will decline so sharply. That was an accelerated rate of decline and depreciation that no one expected.

Either way we don’t need older high earning players. We have the the best one to fit that category that is worth the expense. Can’t expect for lightning to strike twice.
I don’t know , but as a fan for this team, I was shocked that we spend 90m on him , waaaaaaaay expensive if you relate to his age when signed even with historic performance that year .....

in short, we suddenly rich and we wasted a lot of money .... this is by the way happen to anyone shift from poor to rich...

waste.... learn....hope not too late :ratcafe:

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Signing Higuain was a masterstroke. Took away any chance of Napoli winning scudetto and likely bought us one.

(Unless he was going to ruin his body and turn up fat for them too after that summer, but that's conjecture/hindsight)
agree. Good signing at that time. Time to move on and bring a more balanced team for ronaldo now

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Napoli was closer to the title the next season after Pipa departure with record points.... I don't know who we are trying to fool with that: "weakend the opponent". If you want to hurt rivals, you have to go like Madrid or BM goes, offer low fee and ask players to force their way out, overpaying a player is not weaken anyone, it's making them stronger, cut that nonsense.

We got a 90m guys who already took a couple of walks around in other club to try to get rid of him and they came wiht their ticket and claimed: this doesn't work

Evertime I recall we even put money on Pobga to fund Pipa, it makes me sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)