Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Replace Khedira Matuidi Ramsey with de paul, partey and locatelli and we are set for the midfield for 5 years.

But as we know selling is harder than buying, so it will be mega hard
It would definitely help our midfield to replace all these for them but I still see our midfield as weak compared to other top clubs.

We need to improve both starting and subs but I rather see us really improving our midfield by getting a superstar in midfield.
Pogba is obviously my first choice since he is good in the air, strong, has a great technique and know how to provide through passes.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
In a few years it will be. We should be really happy with that midfield.
Considering our current midfield it is certainly an upgrade.
As for in a few years - Maybe.. and maybe not..
We cannot know how good the three are going to be.
Bentancur gave a great season but the truth is that if you take our midfield of 2015 and add current Bentancur - He would still sit on the bench.
Arthur - He has the hype and potential but he might also flop hard. Also there is a talk about his low stamina.
Aouar - He is definitely a great player - I personally dont think he is what we need but if we get him I hope I am proven wrong.

Jun 16, 2020
Considering our current midfield it is certainly an upgrade.
As for in a few years - Maybe.. and maybe not..
We cannot know how good the three are going to be.
Bentancur gave a great season but the truth is that if you take our midfield of 2015 and add current Bentancur - He would still sit on the bench.
Arthur - He has the hype and potential but he might also flop hard. Also there is a talk about his low stamina.
Aouar - He is definitely a great player - I personally dont think he is what we need but if we get him I hope I am proven wrong.
No personally I see them as 3 great players in the future. Perhaps no Modric, Pirlo, Busquets level, but they will be very good for sure.

I dislike that we’re being linked to so many DM’s, while we clearly need another player who can deliver something higher up the pitch. A midfield with Aouar, Rabiot, Bentancur, Arthur and Mandragora/Locatelli is very good and capable of playing all kinds of football. Add Fagioli and it’s perfect. We’re so close.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
No personally I see them as 3 great players in the future. Perhaps no Modric, Pirlo, Busquets level, but they will be very good for sure.

I dislike that we’re being linked to so many DM’s, while we clearly need another player who can deliver something higher up the pitch. A midfield with Aouar, Rabiot, Bentancur, Arthur and Mandragora/Locatelli is very good and capable of playing all kinds of football. Add Fagioli and it’s perfect. We’re so close.
The thing is there are two major problems
1. Tactics - Sarris tactics made us too prone to conceding goals.
Since we dont know how Pirlo is going to play its tough to say how much we need a defensive minded midfielder but we definitely need someone who can defend.
2. Link up from mid to forwards in the final third - This is probably our major problem.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
first of all we need to sell.
We can't go on anymore with useless players not wanting to leave.
They have to one way or another....
Then we can talk about bringing better players in.

So first Higuain and Khedira
Then De Sciglio ,Ramsey ,Costa and Bernardeschi

Then we talk about strikers and CMs

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Yeah, I don't understand why people see it as a certainty

This reminds me of when people said some years ago that Diego's sale would guarantee Dzeko and look how that turned out

Another good season from Haaland and the EPL and Spanish sharks will be circling around him and his agent.

This is why I am against the short term option of Dzeko. The future is uncertain.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah, I don't understand why people see it as a certainty

This reminds me of when people said some years ago that Diego's sale would guarantee Dzeko and look how that turned out

Another good season from Haaland and the EPL and Spanish sharks will be circling around him and his agent.

This is why I am against the short term option of Dzeko. The future is uncertain.
The only good thing is that there is a fixed transfer fee (as high as €75m), we have paid those before (pre-Covid). So at least it won't be an auction, because lots of team would blow us out of the water. But Raiola will absolutely rinse us on signing fees and salary. Like De Ligt, much depends on the will of the player.

Unfortunately I only see him signing if Dybala or Ronaldo leave, because the three aren't playing together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)