Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Chiesa is interesting but no way at those prices being mentioned
I agree! He’s a very interesting prospect, I’m not very sold on his potential though, he could be a hit or a big miss. 70 million for him is outrageous, If we give them Berna back + 25m that would be a great deal for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Stop whining. If we field the midfield underneath, we will have a huge upgrade. It's actually changing all 4 of them compared to last season under Allegri... Bentancur was a bench option and the rest wasn't there. And changing 3/4 of them compared to this season...

Kulu
Rabiot - Arthur - Bentancur
The problem with this is there's no decent option on the bench whatsoever. That certainly needs to be adressed... If we could sell Khedira, Matuidi and Ramsey, another midfielder becomes a certainty..

Last edited:

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Stop whining. If we field the midfield underneath, we will have a huge upgrade. It's actually changing all 4 of them compared to last season under Allegri... Bentancur was a bench option and the rest wasn't there. And changing 3/4 of them compared to this season...

Kulu
Rabiot - Arthur - Bentancur
The problem with this is there's no decent option on the bench whatsoever. That certainly needs to be adressed... If we could sell Khedira, Matuidi and Ramsey, another midfielder becomes a certainty..
Dude I honestly agree that the midfield you shared has great potential. Only question mark is Arthur who is used to the spanish farmers league.

In terms of bench, we can put bonucci as a DM, and bring in Portanova and Clemenza for depth.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
We need a defensive midfielder too. Look at how our defence is exposed all the time. A nice cover in the midfield would be great. Partey is so underrated. He wont be a fixed starter in every game, but he will be useful. And its not like he is only DM. He can pass and run with the ball. I think our midfield would be great with him around.

And he is waay better in defending than anyone in our midfield, including Bentancur.
Absolute upgrade for Matuidi, reliable when you need a starter and can push Bentancur up the field
I will play him as holding midfielder, in rotation with Bentancur
And pick 2 of Arthur, Bentancur, Rabiot for 2 cm position if he playing
All of them 4 midfielder will get at least 30 matches per season

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Romero in, Rugani out.
Pellegrini in, De Sciglio out.

This would cost us next to nothing and we could even make money. Rugani and De Sciglio don't deserve to be part of the squad for next season. Give these kids a chance instead.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Romero in, Rugani out.
Pellegrini in, De Sciglio out.

This would cost us next to nothing and we could even make money. Rugani and De Sciglio don't deserve to be part of the squad for next season. Give these kids a chance instead.
This + terminate Khedira contract would be a nice start.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
As Sarri looking for workhorse and pressing midfielders, I found Konrad Laimer from RB Leipzig , young Austrian midfielder
his workrate is above average and possibly good as backup midfielder with bright prospects

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
As Sarri looking for workhorse and pressing midfielders, I found Konrad Laimer from RB Leipzig , young Austrian midfielder
his workrate is above average and possibly good as backup midfielder with bright prospects
Arthur is far from a workhorse though

Even Faginho doesn't fall in that category

But yes, we desperately need high energy midfielders

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Still wondering whether our management understands the type of player requirements needed in todays game. A workhorse B2B midfielder is absolutely crucial in the game now

- - - Updated - - -

Austria seems to be a decent breading ground for talent lately lol
Yeah, I feel like we're not doing enough in terms of scouting in Ligue 1 and the Austrian League for example

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Any news for Szoboszlai? It will be risky move but worth it.
Would we great if we can replace the deadwood in the club with some talented youngsters like Szoboszlai.
I understand we need a pretty rebuild, but we're never going to sign just star players to fill holes. You need to add quality youngsters, who don't demand a shit ton of playing time and can work themselves into the starting XI.

Our team needs some serious balancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)