Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (35 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
What do you mean by rebuild?

Most of the parts are there
After Arthur and Kulu we need another midfielder, a striker and a RB

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Matuidi
Khedira
Bernardeschi
Rugani
MDS
Danilo
Ramsey

All consistently huge liabilities or in Khediras case just physically a non factor

Many of them on huge wages. None of them really should be here in any capacity as they're on far too much money to be a last resort back up

Higuain is probably a huge problem too because whilst I like him as an option we're not PSG or City and he's a financial liability.

I'm not saying we need a fantasy football squad but we have old ass or broken players on 4M+ per season consistently looking much worse than the Serie A teams we're playing that are full of nobodies on a third of salary. We used to have players like Giaccherini that were cheap, versatile and actually useful

These players are also stopping us bringing in new signings because of salary issues.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Shop in Italy.

Get Locatelli. He was better than every single CM we had on today. Get Zapata to replace in Italy. Maybe those Dest rumors are true. Get him. IMO even with Arthur and hypothetically we need another CM. We need to sell more CMs than we need to get LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Well - why wouldn't he? City can play in the CL now like we stood a fucking chance with the last month of our performances.
Get Zaniolo and Locatelli

Get rid of Khedira and Rabiot

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Matuidi
Khedira
Bernardeschi
Rugani
MDS
Danilo
Ramsey

All consistently huge liabilities or in Khediras case just physically a non factor

Many of them on huge wages. None of them really should be here in any capacity as they're on far too much money to be a last resort back up

Higuain is probably a huge problem too because whilst I like him as an option we're not PSG or City and he's a financial liability.

I'm not saying we need a fantasy football squad but we have old ass or broken players on 4M+ per season consistently looking much worse than the Serie A teams we're playing that are full of nobodies on a third of salary. We used to have players like Giaccherini that were cheap, versatile and actually useful

These players are also stopping us bringing in new signings because of salary issues.
Definitely have people to sell absolutely. But not a rebuild.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Must Sell:

Rugani
De Sciglio
Danilo
Matuidi
Khedira
Ramsey
Berna

Must Keep:

Woj
Buffon
De Ligt
Chiellini
Demiral
Sandro
Cuadrado
Bentancur
Dybala
Ronaldo

On The Fence:

Bonucci
Higuain
Costa
Call me crazy but I`d definitely ship Ronaldo should we get a 100M offer (but its not going to happen).
I dont like how our team always looking for him instead of doing something useful

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Woj
Cuadrado De Ligt Bonucci Theo Hernández
Bentancur Tonali Arthur
Zaniolo Dybala CR7

Subs Danilo, Chiello, Demiral, Matuidi, Rabiot, Douglas Costa, Cavani, Kulu

Buy
Theo Hernández, 40M
Tonali, 50M
Zaniolo, 50M
Cavani, free

Sell,
Alex Sandro, 30M
Ramsey, 10M
Khedira, terminate
Higuaín, 10M
Berna, 20M
MDS, 10M
Youth players, 10M
Rugani, 10M

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
What do you mean by rebuild?

Most of the parts are there
After Arthur and Kulu we need another midfielder, a striker and a RB

That's still not good enough. None of those guys would be more than reserves under MVPP. That's the standard, not being better than Matuidi.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
That's still not good enough. None of those guys would be more than reserves under MVPP. That's the standard, not being better than Matuidi.
Who do you suggest? Realistically speaking we aren't ever going to see another midfield like that one.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Who do you suggest? Realistically speaking we aren't ever going to see another midfield like that one.

I don't know why that would be unrealistic. It's not like they were Xavi, Iniesta, Modrić etc. But they were still excellent and the best we had.

SMS, Pogba, Partey, Kroos, Luis Alberto, Fabian Ruiz, Thiago, Kante, Havertz, Aouar... Probably missing some other guys too.

Thiago is leaving Bayern, they want 30-40m. That's a bargain even though I don't particularly like him. Partey has a 50m release clause. Aulas wants 50m for Aouar. It's rumored Chelsea wouldn't mind selling Kante for 60-70m and rejuvenating their team.

Aouar-Thiago-Partey is right there for less than 150m all together. It's baffling we're not all over that.

Add Bentancur, Arthur and Locatelli and we may have something again.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Says who? Many teams have won CL with far inferior individuals in midfield.
We the fans say. All we talk about is the days of MVPP and how good they were. To me that's the benchmark. And it's not like those guys were the best ever so you can't come close to them.

Liverpool only that comes to mind in recent memory, who else? And they have a great coach who built that team step by step for 5-6 years. They know each other better than their families by this point.

Kroos-Casemiro-Modrić-Di Maria, Iniesta-Busquets-Xavi-Rakitić, Javi Martinez-Schweinsteiger-Muller. All top class midfields. Chelsea with old Lampard, Mata and Obi Mikel comes the closest I guess, but that was a very specific year and an outlier IMO. They had break after break and luck at all the right moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)