Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (40 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
Fiorentina signed Agudelo from Genoa in January. He’s a bit comparable with Castrovilli, perhaps less dynamic, but a dribbler with great technique. Who knows, maybe Commisso has been anticipating on a sell.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Costa for Jesus sounds ridiculous. He’s the only real striker Man City have right now with Aguero’s injury woes so I’d be shocked if that deal was somehow on. Don’t see what Costa adds to this City team that they don’t have already especially with being 30 when the season restarts and heavily injury prone.

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Costa for Jesus sounds ridiculous. He’s the only real striker Man City have right now with Aguero’s injury woes so I’d be shocked if that deal was somehow on. Don’t see what Costa adds to this City team that they don’t have already especially with being 30 when the season restarts and heavily injury prone.
City started with sterling upfront instead of Jesus last night vs chelsea, what does that tell you?

With Sane leaving too, City will be on the look out for another attacking player

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Fiorentina signed Agudelo from Genoa in January. He’s a bit comparable with Castrovilli, perhaps less dynamic, but a dribbler with great technique. Who knows, maybe Commisso has been anticipating on a sell.
Listening to Commisso it seems that Chiesa is the one they believe they won't be able to hold onto and Castrovilli will be the next reference point for the team and fans, #10 jersey etc. I don't see him leaving in the next window for those reasons. Chiesa I can understand it because he deserves to try a bigger stage.

Jun 16, 2020
Listening to Commisso it seems that Chiesa is the one they believe they won't be able to hold onto and Castrovilli will be the next reference point for the team and fans, #10 jersey etc. I don't see him leaving in the next window for those reasons. Chiesa I can understand it because he deserves to try a bigger stage.
That would suck, but money talks. Last year he said he couldn’t sell Chiesa because he just arrived at Fiorentina and he wouldn’t wanted to start with a bad relationship between him and the fans. But for me he seems like a realistic target, not without risks, but something like 35/45m should do it. That’s no crazy amount considering we will sell a few players.

Apr 29, 2006
Gabriel Jesus is interesting not gonna lie. He looks to me the closest copy of il Fenomeno. Surely, he is 50-60% at most, but maybe he has potential and is finally a right-footed player. I also think MC style isn't perfect for his stats, but that isn't much since we don't have a style. I worry he isn't tall enough to lead the line. Him and Dybala need another forward or a tall attacking midfielder at least - so we must be changing something.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Gabriel Jesus is not needed. Just keep Higuain, no one will play the 18m aka his book value anyway.

Arthur - Pjanic swap starts the revolution in the midfield but that won't be enough. We need to shift under-performers and go for some quality and also cheaper depth options (so that we make room for the quality ones).

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Isn't Castrovilli similar type of CM as Arthur (good at dribbling & holding onto ball, plays deeper Xavi/Luis Alberto role), or does he mezzala/enter the box?

- - - Updated - - -

Its
Gabriel Jesus is interesting not gonna lie. He looks to me the closest copy of il Fenomeno. Surely, he is 50-60% at most, but maybe he has potential and is finally a right-footed player. I also think MC style isn't perfect for his stats, but that isn't much since we don't have a style. I worry he isn't tall enough to lead the line. Him and Dybala need another forward or a tall attacking midfielder at least - so we must be changing something.
It's the opposite...pep's mc is perfect for him. He isn't that good. And I don't see why city would trade him for an nth winger. It's an useless rumor.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Castrovilli is the best midfielder we can get from Serie A after SMS of course especially in terms of readiness (rules out Tonali) and fitness (rules out Zaniolo who I value best as a box to box similar to Pogba).
Castrovilli is very creative and dynamic with good dribbling abilities and long balls/crosses combined with solid defensive work rate which sets him apart from Roma's Pellegrini. He would be a solid starter (not a flashy name to please some but he is more than good enough to impress) for us but I don't think it's doable because of Commisso

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Gabriel Jesus is not needed. Just keep Higuain, no one will play the 18m aka his book value anyway.

Arthur - Pjanic swap starts the revolution in the midfield but that won't be enough. We need to shift under-performers and go for some quality and also cheaper depth options (so that we make room for the quality ones).
A striker who scored 20+ goals is very much needed. Huge reason why we're so blunt is because every one of our 'strikers' spends more time outside the box than in it.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Castrovilli is the best midfield we can get from Serie A after SMS of course especially in terms of readiness (rules out Tonali) and fitness (rules out Zaniolo who I value best as a box to box similar to Pogba).
Castrovilli is very creative and dynamic with good dribbling abilities and long balls/crosses combined with solid defensive work rate which sets him apart from Roma's Pellegrini. He would be a solid starter (not a flashy name to please some but he is more than good enough to impress) for us but I don't think it's doable because of Commisso
I have almost no doubts we will sign a big name this summer, who exactly I'm not sure, I've heard rumours from some saying ita zaniolo, however we are conscious that we must make sales, the likes of De sciglio amongst them, higuain I'm almost certain is gone this summer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)