Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Goal Post Olympics Badass...you'd have a Gold medal.
Not being funny but you'll do just about anything to moan about Paratici. If we had signed Hakimi instead and not a midfielder because we didn't have the funds, you'd moan, if we signed Hakimi before a midfielder you'd moan.

We don't have some infinite pot of money, and whilst hakimi is a good player, he doesn't suit our system as well as he does for inter, so again people will moan at paratici for that.

Like I said in another post Sarri is adamant we have players in the u23 who are ready to make the step up now, one of them is supposedly Wesley, an explosive full back, I'd really like to see what he brings

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He's right though. If we spent that much on a RB and were left short in funds for a midfielder everyone would complain

Thats the bit he is right about, but pretending Meunier or Cuadrado is better is just pure damage control bs mechanics. If we right NOW were rumoured to be signing Hakimi, you would hear the absolute opposite from him. Hence why little of what he says is genuine.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5,008
    Not being funny but you'll do just about anything to moan about Paratici. If we had signed Hakimi instead and not a midfielder because we didn't have the funds, you'd moan, if we signed Hakimi before a midfielder you'd moan.

We don't have some infinite pot of money, and whilst hakimi is a good player, he doesn't suit our system as well as he does for inter, so again people will moan at paratici for that.

Like I said in another post Sarri is adamant we have players in the u23 who are ready to make the step up now, one of them is supposedly Wesley, an explosive full back, I'd really like to see what he brings
    The player is Muratore and we sold him to Atalanta. :fab3:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    He's right though. If we spent that much on a RB and were left short of funds for a midfielder everyone would complain
    Truth
    Thats the bit he is right about, but pretending Meunier or Cuadrado is better is just pure damage control bs mechanics. If we right NOW were rumoured to be signing Hakimi, you would hear the absolute opposite from him. Hence why little of what he says is genuine.
    Also true lol

Btw, that rumor just says hakimi will listen to what they have to say, far from near done deal. If inte* implodes and finishes fourth, even more of an unideal destination.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Bullshit, Hakimi is easily better.
    I think you've mis-understood me.

If you're talking about the individual yes Hakimi is better. I'm speaking about who would be better suited to our system, I'd go with Meunier who is better in the defensive phases. If we continued to play wingbacks then Hakimi yes and yes I'd probably be a bit more upset about losing out on him, but since we don't, I'm not.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

If you're talking about the individual yes Hakimi is better. I'm speaking about who would be better suited to our system, I'd go with Meunier who is better in the defensive phases. If we continued to play wingbacks then Hakimi yes and yes I'd probably be a bit more upset about losing out on him, but since we don't, I'm not.
    Meunier is far from a reference defensive wise

james95

Sep 2, 2018
    City started with sterling upfront instead of Jesus last night vs chelsea, what does that tell you?
    Pep does those kind of things though, he's a sophomaniac. Jesus has been in good form recently and with an aged and injury prone Aguero as their only other real 9 besides a young Jesus; they'd be pretty mad to go despatch of him.

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Not being funny but you'll do just about anything to defend Paratici.

To a point it's a waste of time discussing certain transfers. He literally can do no wrong in your eyes. I'd be curious to hear if he's ever made a mistake so far.
    and all he does is wrong in your eyes

SNAP!

- - - Updated - - -

Meunier is far from a reference defensive wise
    Still better defensively than Hakimi imo

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002

Maybe it would help if you actually watch Meunier, he is an attacking RB who is very average defensively, and unlike Hakimi, we have a career of watching him play as RB, so know his limitations more there. Meunier is a physical and technically adept attacking RB. But guess what, Hakimi blows him out of the water in this sense. So it makes no sense to even compare them, other then one is free, and the other is more pricey because he is defenitely the hottest young commodity in his role in the game (with Davies, who is going nowhere).

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Maybe it would help if you actually watch Meunier, he is an attacking RB who is very average defensively, and unlike Hakimi, we have a career of watching him play as RB, so know his limitations more there. Meunier is a physical and technically adept attacking RB. But guess what, Hakimi blows him out of the water in this sense. So it makes no sense to even compare them, other then one is free, and the other is more pricey because he is defenitely the hottest young commodity in his role in the game (with Davies, who is going nowhere).
    average defensively or not he's still better in the defensive transition.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)