Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Yes thats exactly what I want, because he is a top talent. That can become a top player. Its some risk to it, but why not? Thats how you get top players too, when they young.

Unless we are doing anything different that would make it ok for me in us not getting him, I'm not sure what we are applauding here? Lets not get the young top midfield talent, because our midfield approach of the last 5 years is working? Sell all your best peak top of the world midfielders, sign Pjanic as only top level mid, and fill the rest with mediocre freebies, its not enough, far from it. And until they do anything different there, thats whats being critiqued, they havent shown us anything else.

This not ancient history. As recent as last summer, thats exactly what they did, everyone said Rabiot and Ramsey arent improvement, just new questionable placeholders, previous summer bigger joke with Emre Can. Give them as much kudos as you like, but both Khedira and Matuidi were a step back considering what they were replacing.

So yeah, until I see them sign the De Ligt or the Dybala of the midfield, I find this approach for the midfield HIGHLY questionable. And its exactly what triggers fans here in their response to getting a top talent for midfield for just 30m. Because the midfield modus operandi has been so dire that fans are on edge, clinge to any possible avenue that could give us a kick start, like a top talent like Tonali could possibly do.

This shit has defenitely has gone too long, and they need to address it this summer big time. the important thing isnt who, but whoever it is, is capable of being a top player that can lift the midfield.
In my view De Ligt is a top talent, Haland is a top talent, Mbappe is a top talent, Trent Alexander-Arnold is a top talent but Tonali? What has he done compared to those I mentioned? Obviously the price is lower but he showed nothing to prove he would be capable of being a first team player at Juve. It's not a risk, it's a gamble.

Just imagine yourself being a 19yo with such expectations.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Yes thats exactly what I want, because he is a top talent. That can become a top player. Its some risk to it, but why not? Thats how you get top players too, when they young.

Unless we are doing anything different that would make it ok for me in us not getting him, I'm not sure what we are applauding here? Lets not get the young top midfield talent, because our midfield approach of the last 5 years is working? Sell all your best peak top of the world midfielders, sign Pjanic as only top level mid, and fill the rest with mediocre freebies, its not enough, far from it. And until they do anything different there, thats whats being critiqued, they havent shown us anything else.

This not ancient history. As recent as last summer, thats exactly what they did, everyone said Rabiot and Ramsey arent improvement, just new questionable placeholders, previous summer bigger joke with Emre Can. Give them as much kudos as you like, but both Khedira and Matuidi were a step back considering what they were replacing.

So yeah, until I see them sign the De Ligt or the Dybala of the midfield, I find this approach for the midfield HIGHLY questionable. And its exactly what triggers fans here in their response to getting a top talent for midfield for just 30m. Because the midfield modus operandi has been so dire that fans are on edge, clinge to any possible avenue that could give us a kick start, like a top talent like Tonali could possibly do.

This shit has defenitely has gone too long, and they need to address it this summer big time. the important thing isnt who, but whoever it is, is capable of being a top player that can lift the midfield.
I agree with almost everything you said. Missing out on a talent like Tonali should leave a bitter taste... Our transfer plan when it comes to the midfield has been atrocious. Now I don’t know where the problem lies, I don’t know if it’s the whole management and the system around it or it’s simply a one man’s decision and clearly this person has been getting all wrong. Khedira, Rabiot, Matuidi, Ramsey, Romulo, Hernanes... With the exception of Pjanic, we hadn’t added one single quality signing to our midfield that has been suffering from mediocrity to the point that it became our main and only weakness. To be honest, I had some hopes when we signed Rabiot because I could see the talent but the guy’s attitude is beyond repair I find. What saddens me the most is that we always spend some decent money on players we don’t even use and we end up loaning and selling for plusvalenza. Even right now, the current situation doesn’t look promising as we keep being linked to players like Milik and Cristante... I understand if Tonali said no to a move to Juve but it shouldn’t be a reason for our sporting director to go after mediocre players. There’s plenty of good names for grabs out there, Aouar, Zaniolo,VDB, Havertz, Ndombele, even Pogba to a certain extent. We need young talented midfielders with strong character not washed up and injury prone jabronis on a Bosman contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
He only follows one team on insta

JUVENTUS

sign him, what's wild is that he is 18

But I read somewhere that he is 173cm
He looks tiny in those videos
:boh:
18??? I was sure he was a kid - I had no idea!
If this is true - SIGN HIM NOW! Its one thing to do it against 14 year olds but another thing to do it against grown ups (even if its a different story when he`ll face the big ones)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
18??? I was sure he was a kid - I had no idea!
If this is true - SIGN HIM NOW! Its one thing to do it against 14 year olds but another thing to do it against grown ups (even if its a different story when he`ll face the big ones)
i think it's a video compilation with his performances down a couple of years .
if he would have been that talented we would have heard from him by now.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
@Mark

Schillaci says we should sign this kid

Sicilians :touched:
Better than Berna already

- - - Updated - - -

Open the meltdown about Tonalli 30m to Merda:

Fabio Fxxxing Bxxxxxrd get your shits together man, WTF are you doing with our team axxxle. If the teenager girl present sexual assault charges against Pavel I'm going to offer myself as a witness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)