Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (96 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
VDB has more grinta than our current midfield combined. And getting him would mean MDL would improve huge at playing/passing forward...

Rather him than Tonali if you ask me (wayyyy more experience and so on)
Vdb over tonali. If it's True ajax dropped to 40 mill it's a no brainer imo and a much better deal than dropping similar a amount of money for tonali

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Arthur is Costa 2.0 waiting to happen. Small Brazilian that gets you excited by his play style, speed, ball control, flair etc., but is hugely inconsistent, injury prone and leads a mostly unprofessional life.

He may be a hit, but a whole lot of ifs need to fall in place for that to happen. Thanks but no thanks. Aouar, VdB, Pogba ofc, even Pellegrini for me.
Tell me more about that.

We already have an uncreative mezzala in Ramsey. The other we sign needs to be creative kind. Team needs that type of player too. And if we don't have to sign Arthur to get rid of Pjanic (sadly, looks like we do), it should be Aouar, who only costs a little more than VdB.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Why it has to be one of the other between Tonalli vs Aourar/VDB? They are very different. Tonalli would be our italian DM, Aourar/VDB would be our star B2B MF (they are nothing more than cheap Paul or SMS options)

BTW, Sandro is gone so thanks Fabio for that.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Why it has to be one of the other between Tonalli vs Aourar/VDB? They are very different. Tonalli would be our italian DM, Aourar/VDB would be our star B2B MF (they are nothing more than cheap Paul or SMS options)

BTW, Sandro is gone so thanks Fabio for that.
?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
We really need to get more out of our youth team. We'd save so much money on wages. Players like Lirola, Mandragora, Orsolini could've been kept as options off the bench. I know we wouldn't get that initial cash that we would selling them but it would allow us to lower our yearly wage costs substantially. Obviously we need that quality of player minimum but even if they are to be sold later their value won't drop, if anything it will rise.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Tonali isn't a real DM as we typically see in Italy, or how Sarri sees the role. To me he plays a similar role to Bentancur, which is probably the biggest reason that we don't sign him. Bentancur is clearly the future and maybe even the fulcrum of our midfield now. Watch Tonali play, he runs all over the midfield from back to front. Nothing like a Jorginho or Pjanic.

Wouldn't even surprise me if we're not looking at him as closely as Inter are, and he's a secondary option (which would send him to Inter by default if their interest is true). The media needs content, and it makes the signing look more prestigious for Inter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)