Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (60 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
He is WC.

What better CFs could we get?

And he is still 25-26.
I already stated my mind regarding him numerous times as I see the CF role as different to what it used to be.
When talked about a CF decades ago the meaning was someone who scores.
Now the CF role is not only to score as it is judged on overall performance which includes his work on the pitch. Things like passing to teammates , dribbling , helping the team by attracting the attention of defenders allowing other teammates more freedom.. There are things beyond scoring and Icardi to me is just a good finisher.
Who is better than him?! It depends on the type you are looking for.
Benzema at Real Madrid was the exact opposite of Icardi IMO and he was a less goals more work to help Ronaldo type of player which IMO he did very well! I personally prefers this type to a just scorer but of course when you look for all characteristics together you mainly find players who are deemed as very important for their teams and not exactly available..

I rather we play Dybala as false 9 than get Icardi but my preference here doesnt really matters as we all know Dybala is gone..

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I already stated my mind regarding him numerous times as I see the CF role as different to what it used to be.
When talked about a CF decades ago the meaning was someone who scores.
Now the CF role is not only to score as it is judged on overall performance which includes his work on the pitch. Things like passing to teammates , dribbling , helping the team by attracting the attention of defenders allowing other teammates more freedom.. There are things beyond scoring and Icardi to me is just a good finisher.
Who is better than him?! It depends on the type you are looking for.
Benzema at Real Madrid was the exact opposite of Icardi IMO and he was a less goals more work to help Ronaldo type of player which IMO he did very well! I personally prefers this type to a just scorer but of course when you look for all characteristics together you mainly find players who are deemed as very important for their teams and not exactly available..

I rather we play Dybala as false 9 than get Icardi but my preference here doesnt really matters as we all know Dybala is gone..
I get your point.

But I guess I am still old school when it comes to player positions and what I expect from them.

And lately we had too many players who were good at what they were not supposed to, for example Mandzukic a CF is best known for being a warrior who helps defending more than a DM, scoring? Not so much.

Then Cancelo a RB, a defender who is better than many wingers, but when it comes to defending looks like a headless chicken.

That's why I prefer a player like Icardi who as a CF is deadly in front of the goal.

As for Dybala, I don't mind if he stays but..

Mar 3, 2014
Both actually. I don't want him because he's a one dimensional poacher who prolly wouldn't be all that great next to CR7 AND because he's a complete subhuman.

But naaaahh, tuz just doesn't want him because we have high morale standards. Such a joker that j0ker.
Only reason I don’t want him is because he is a poacher who doesn’t do anything in the build up. If he played like Luis Suarez, I wouldn’t give two shits how crazy his wife is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 29, 2006
Of course I want him. Especially if he forces a move here for ~50M Euros for 5 years. Dybala to PSG for almost twice that, if Neymar moves. No renewal for Higuain, even with lower salary.

Next summer we can offload Higuain if he doesn't perform, or even Icardi with profit. We would have more than 100M in the bank, Higuain as a back-up, and good relations with Mbappe... PSG. God I just hope Real M does buy Neymar!!!

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Only reason I don’t want him is because he is a poacher who doesn’t do anything in the build up. If he played like Luis Suarez, I wouldn’t give two shits how crazy his wife is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last two seasons (well not many games last season, but season prior) he participated more in the buildup and even had some assists.

But yeah, far from a Suarez.

More ideal than Lukaku obviously. He can trap and pass the ball and is actually well-rounded technically. And has great movement.

He knows signing with us means sacrificing some of that poacher mindset and playing 2nd fiddle to Ronaldo, otherwise he wouldn't be this willing.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I love how people assume he can be a false 9 when every coach says he cant. When he was banging in goals he was given a free roll off of Higuain and Higgy was working for him just like hes doing with Roanldo.
He played F9 for Palermo. Those performances prompted us to buy him.

He played F9 several or a handful of times last season and played well in most of those games. And played well in 352. Didn't play well in most of other games.

Apr 19, 2007
He played F9 for Palermo. Those performances prompted us to buy him.

He played F9 several or a handful of times last season and played well in most of those games. And played well in 352. Didn't play well in most of other games.
Im not saying he cant but it is FAR from a given. I tend to trust the 3 coaches more than Tuzzers. The 3-5-2 he played next to another striker. Same in the 4-3-1-2 where he thrived. He needs to be creative not be the one to occupy 2 cbs on his own. Maybe he can do it but I dont think this is his strength

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Im not saying he cant but it is FAR from a given. I tend to trust the 3 coaches more than Tuzzers. The 3-5-2 he played next to another striker. Same in the 4-3-1-2 where he thrived. He needs to be creative not be the one to occupy 2 cbs on his own. Maybe he can do it but I dont think this is his strength
Of course, nothing is a guarantee till tried and tested. But given he has the qualities of a F9 and was great in that role at Palermo (they had a coach), he should get a run in that role.

He played as AM in 4312 (not many times) and was poor.

F9s don't play off of the shoulders of CBs. They may end in that position at end of moves but more of a mobile role.

Apr 19, 2007
Of course, nothing is a guarantee till tried and tested. But given he has the qualities of a F9 and was great in that role at Palermo (they had a coach), he should get a run in that role.

He played as AM in 4312 (not many times) and was poor.

F9s don't play off of the shoulders of CBs. They may end in that position at end of moves but more of a mobile role.
Once again none of his coaches think he can do it. I think thats a piece of info that needs to be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)