Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (105 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
Problem with Dybala is extra money has to be paid for imagine rights so because we want rid we are willing to take what seems to be a low amount in today’s market.. neymar will be at Barca soon is my guess and we will do god knows what by the end of the window

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 3, 2014
Dybala 120 mil. ? Based on what?Previous showing?
He scored 5 goals last season and by all standards he was appalling based on his potential. Now let's take rashford who scored 11 for man utd. Would juve pay 120 mil. for him, cause he obviously had a better season than dybala in that sinking ship.
I want to say that we should stop overrating our players because it creates unfounded expectations.
I for one would keep him and give him one last chance , but if he doesn't perform I lose nothing while the club loses another 10-20 mil.
It depends on the market conditions and juventus’ willingness to buy or sell. Juventus seemed desperate for Lukaku so it appeared like Dybala’s value was understated in order to try and get that swap done. But if the team had no interest in selling the player and he was expected to play in the starting 11, his value would be much higher. His previous season was not great but he played behind two goal scorers strikers in a #10 role when he played. Allegri preferred that he not play as #9.

You can’t ignore that he’s 25 and has been one of the best young players in the world for 4-5 years and is VERY marketable. When he plays as a secondary striker, he puts up around 20 goals reliably. When he plays as an attacking mid, that gets cut in half but his assists increase. Last year was a specific situation where Allegri had trouble playing both Ronaldo and Dybala because Allegri always plays with a traditional #9 and loves Mandzukic.
So what is he worth? Well as an example: Di Maria was bought for €75M, flopped and was sold for €63M. He was 27 going on 28 and Manchester United was actively looking to sell him but not with the same aggression as Juventus appears to have.

Dybala had bids that were around rumoured around €160M in 2017 while it was said that Juventus wanted €120M after signing Ronaldo according to Zamparini in 2018. Let’s assume he was worth €120M in 2018 after scoring 22 and assisting 5 from a secondary striker position, which I think is conservative. Di Maria was sold at 85% of his previous price after flopping at Manchester and was 2 years older, less marketable, and plays in a position that is less sexy that Dybala. So I think if Juventus isn’t aggressively trying to push him onto a team, his value is at least €100M (85% of €120M). €120M is not crazy either (that would a assume a peak value of a bit over €140M.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Is Chiringuito reliable? Because they seem awful confident that Juventus is in the mix for Neymar. Basically they say that Neymar is giving priority to Barcelona but the last meeting in Monaco went badly. Apparently after hearing PSG’s conditions, Bartomeo was pessimistic. According to @quimdomenech (Quim Puigbó), he asked people who were at the meeting in Monaco at about the latest and some people said “it’s not going to happen” while others said “we will continue looking at options”. The more optimistic continue to believe because Neymar continues to want to go there. He then asked those same people about Juventus and the response was “podría” which is he “could” but that “Neymar needs to want it”. They then discuss that if Barcelona can’t come to a deal, Juventus would have the “solution”, and that if they wouldn’t discard the idea that Juventus would be preferred over staying at PSG.

They were first to announce CR to Juve.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
It depends on the market conditions and juventus’ willingness to buy or sell. Juventus seemed desperate for Lukaku so it appeared like Dybala’s value was understated in order to try and get that swap done. But if the team had no interest in selling the player and he was expected to play in the starting 11, his value would be much higher. His previous season was not great but he played behind two goal scorers strikers in a #10 role when he played. Allegri preferred that he not play as #9.

You can’t ignore that he’s 25 and has been one of the best young players in the world for 4-5 years and is VERY marketable. When he plays as a secondary striker, he puts up around 20 goals reliably. When he plays as an attacking mid, that gets cut in half but his assists increase. Last year was a specific situation where Allegri had trouble playing both Ronaldo and Dybala because Allegri always plays with a traditional #9 and loves Mandzukic.
So what is he worth? Well as an example: Di Maria was bought for €75M, flopped and was sold for €63M. He was 27 going on 28 and Manchester United was actively looking to sell him but not with the same aggression as Juventus appears to have.

Dybala had bids that were around rumoured around €160M in 2017 while it was said that Juventus wanted €120M after signing Ronaldo according to Zamparini in 2018. Let’s assume he was worth €120M in 2018 after scoring 22 and assisting 5 from a secondary striker position, which I think is conservative. Di Maria was sold at 85% of his previous price after flopping at Manchester and was 2 years older, less marketable, and plays in a position that is less sexy that Dybala. So I think if Juventus isn’t aggressively trying to push him onto a team, his value is at least €100M (85% of €120M). €120M is not crazy either (that would a assume a peak value of a bit over €140M.)

You could be right, but if I would be in charge of any club that has that kind of money, I wouldn't pay north of 80 even that seems questionable.
Basically any clubs that buys him is investing in potential. That I give him, potential to be wc and also potential to flop.
Also as you said the team that buys him has to play in a specific way. He doesn't seem to adapt well to other positions except for ss or AMC. So the team that gets him has to be somewhat Taylormade for him to increase his performance chances.
Also if dybala was a steal at 80, lukakus money , why didn't it start a bidding war?

Aug 26, 2014
Dybala 120 mil. ? Based on what?Previous showing?
He scored 5 goals last season and by all standards he was appalling based on his potential. Now let's take rashford who scored 11 for man utd. Would juve pay 120 mil. for him, cause he obviously had a better season than dybala in that sinking ship.
I want to say that we should stop overrating our players because it creates unfounded expectations.
I for one would keep him and give him one last chance , but if he doesn't perform I lose nothing while the club loses another 10-20 mil.
ManU paid 85 mil for that Maguire who I didn't even know existed 1 month ago, also a lot of unknown players go for a lot of money. Dybala on the other hand is well known even if he hasn't played very good for his standard this last season he's worth a lot in todays market.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Is Chiringuito reliable? Because they seem awful confident that Juventus is in the mix for Neymar. Basically they say that Neymar is giving priority to Barcelona but the last meeting in Monaco went badly. Apparently after hearing PSG’s conditions, Bartomeo was pessimistic. According to @quimdomenech (Quim Puigbó), he asked people who were at the meeting in Monaco at about the latest and some people said “it’s not going to happen” while others said “we will continue looking at options”. The more optimistic continue to believe because Neymar continues to want to go there. He then asked those same people about Juventus and the response was “podría” which is he “could” but that “Neymar needs to want it”. They then discuss that if Barcelona can’t come to a deal, Juventus would have the “solution”, and that if they wouldn’t discard the idea that Juventus would be preferred over staying at PSG.

IMO we have an offer that PSG would accept but Neymar is keen on Barca who send offers that are not good enough for PSG...
We are taking our time and if the dont sign him we will offer a Dybala Matuidi and 100m for Neymar. Im just speculating and it might be bs..
Icardi?! I think we had a low offer rejected and we dont want to raise it.
Icardi wants to stay or Juve but we dont want to spend.
The no'9 vacant shirt is to mess with Inter..

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
ManU paid 85 mil for that Maguire who I didn't even know existed 1 month ago, also a lot of unknown players go for a lot of money. Dybala on the other hand is well known even if he hasn't played very good for his standard this last season he's worth a lot in todays market.
Same question .
If at 80 mil. he is considered a steal, why other teams didn't come for him?
Based on his recent performance he isn't worth more. We are invested in juve and want the club to get the best deal financially, so most of us tend to overvalue him.
Also Maguire was a sought after CB who knows the league and man utd were taken for a ride . If they had scouts and the club was run as it should they would have tried to sign manolas , godin or de vrij for free instead of paying for Maguire.
That's why juve is way up there and they are down there.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Loyalty is a big issue for us. Up to six players would rather be reserve or persona non grata and stay put than leave and be a wanted protagonist for a decent team. This is surreal. We need less loyal players and more mercenaries. Our mgmt is doing too good a job. Employee satisfaction 100%. And even when they leave, they come back. We need to hire someone from Milan to throw in a little chaos.

What happened to @AndreaCristiano ? Hope Paratici, gurus, and eventful summer didn't give him a heart attack.
no heart attack was on vacation, but thanks for looking out

Aug 26, 2014
Same question .
If at 80 mil. he is considered a steal, why other teams didn't come for him?
Based on his recent performance he isn't worth more. We are invested in juve and want the club to get the best deal financially, so most of us tend to overvalue him.
Also Maguire was a sought after CB who knows the league and man utd were taken for a ride . If they had scouts and the club was run as it should they would have tried to sign manolas , godin or de vrij for free instead of paying for Maguire.
That's why juve is way up there and they are down there.

First of all many teams wanted Dybala but he either refused to move of demanded high wages and the transfers fell trough and thank god for us that they did, also there was the issue for his image rights.

As for Maguire who wanted him? I read only about united and they obviously overpaid him by a huge margin making him the most expensive CB.

Mar 3, 2014
You could be right, but if I would be in charge of any club that has that kind of money, I wouldn't pay north of 80 even that seems questionable.
Basically any clubs that buys him is investing in potential. That I give him, potential to be wc and also potential to flop.
Also as you said the team that buys him has to play in a specific way. He doesn't seem to adapt well to other positions except for ss or AMC. So the team that gets him has to be somewhat Taylormade for him to increase his performance chances.
Also if dybala was a steal at 80, lukakus money , why didn't it start a bidding war?
Well I think one issue was that part of the motivation was to secure Lukaku. And secondly, I think Dybala’s desire to stay is a big complication.

I wouldn’t say either that you’re buying potential. Dybala is a proven secondary striker. The problem is a ton of teams use wingers these days so if teams aren’t convinced of him playing as sole #9 or outside right, that cuts the number of interested teams. But any team with a front two knows he will perform. He can’t play wing and he doesn’t look great behind two strikers. He is better behind a sole striker in a 4-2-3-1 as well.

Last edited:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Napoli getting Llorente and we want Han (sell shirts in N. Korea if that's even legal over there) so Icardi is nowhere? Why don't PSG buy the fucker and be done with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)