Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Matuidi is rejecting every club including Paris-Saint-Germain, According to Gianni Balzarini

- - - Updated - - -

Emre can or bentancur may be sold if matuidi and Khedira don't leave (Gianni Balzarini)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Woj
De Sciglio Bonucci Chiellini Alex Sandro
Pjanic
Khedira Rabiot
D. Costa Icardi Ronaldo

Buffon
Cuads Demiral De Ligt Danilo
Bentancur
E. Can Ramsey
Berna Higuain Pereira

Is that the one?​
As I said yesterday, a 4-3-3 with DC-Icardi-CR7 is better than a 4-3-1-2 with Lautaro-Paulo-Lukaku? Without any doubt? DC is way incosistent, have been for a while and only work for 6 months, Icardi is a one dimentional player with a lot of personal issues around the field.... I can keep going: Pipa can't even score in friendlies anymore, wasn't good enough for mIlan nor Chelsea, Berna is so far a one wonder game kid after two years here, Pereire is just Pereira so it would only be CR7

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
They can reject whoever they want but if they're told they won't be on the champions league squad they may move quickly. Higuain knows he will be. So he has leverage. Dybala as well. Matuidi, Khedira, Mandzukic could all be left off, and that may galvanize them.
Khedira won't leave he is getting paid 6 million euros for sitting on the bench

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
He's least likely of the names I mention. That being said: if an offer for equal money out of China or MLS came forward, I don't see why he would choose the bench over playing.

Also is it confirmed we gave him a 2 million euro raise? bc that's nonsensical.
That raise was scandalous. One of Beppe's biggest wtfs

Or was that Paratici?

Mar 3, 2014

Or was that Paratici?
It's a weird one. I wonder if the 6 includes bonuses. The one thing about reported wages is that they're not actually disclosed. They're leaked. I remember when Giovinco signed with TFC. I had a friend who happened to have access to his actual comp, and you could see how it was distorted in the media. A lot was performance based, and things like currency also got mixed in the reporting. Giovinco was consistently reported at 7+ but a lot was bonus.

For a guy like Khedira who has injury problems I can't imagine Juventus wouldn't include something to consider that, especially considering his age.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Or was that Paratici?
haven't we gone over this numerous times? That it was about avoiding a full loss of Khedira on the books at once and spreading it out over several years.

If you disagree with that policy to beat FFP its fine but its starting to get old seeing over and over again that there was no reason for it which simply isn't at all true.

They obviously didn't offer him 6mil a year due to his ability on the pitch doesn't mean it wasn't without reason.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
haven't we gone over this numerous times? That it was about avoiding a full loss of Khedira on the books at once and spreading it out over several years.

If you disagree with that policy to beat FFP its fine but its starting to get old seeing over and over again that there was no reason for it which simply isn't at all true.

They obviously didn't offer him 6mil a year due to his ability on the pitch doesn't mean it wasn't without reason.
Did I say there was no reason for it?

Mar 3, 2014

I don’t follow. Khedira’s book value was €325k at the beginning of 2018. He would have ran out his full contract and depreciated to 0. Instead they extended out 3 years...and gave him a pay bump. Saving €200k on FFP while causing an income statement drag of over €10 million until 2021 doesn’t really improve FFP. And given that the income statement says that the renewal was effective starting the beginning of 18-19, that would mean a gross wage step up of €3.5 million for the 18-19. Not to mention they paid Khedira’s agent €1.3M in the first half of the year (highest of any agent), likely because of the renewal. So they’d pay €4.8 additional during 18-19 to save €200k? And then commit to pay >€10M gross for the following 2 years....I can’t rationalize it financially...which makes it sound like they did for a sporting reason...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)