Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (82 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
If things don't go well in Sarriball 4-3-3 then we're screwed because we'll have no variety so let's keep a target man, wingers, a support striker and a playmaker. For Eriksen you need a 4-2-3-1 or diamond 4-4-2.
We are screwed my friend - the man doesn't rotate much either. Basically we are going all in for his 433 which will damage us on the long term.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
We are screwed my friend - the man doesn't rotate much either. Basically we are going all in for his 433 which will damage us on the long term.

Sarri is rigid but he also transformed his Napoli players like Mertens and he has a better squad now. My fear is that we're playing Ajax and need a goal with Lukaku struggling, Higuain comes on and chokes and we're out. Last season Spurs put Moura on against Ajax, a different type of player and he makes the difference. Flexibility and options, always go for technical players because they make the difference so Dybala for Eriksen is by far better than Lukaku.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Sarri is rigid but he also transformed his Napoli players like Mertens and he has a better squad now. My fear is that we're playing Ajax and need a goal with Lukaku struggling, Higuain comes on and chokes and we're out. Last season Spurs put Moura on against Ajax, a different type of player and he makes the difference. Flexibility and options, always go for technical players because they make the difference so Dybala for Eriksen is by far better than Lukaku.
Again - I am not arguing against that my friend I am merely explaining what Sarri wants and what we will do to accommodate - I am not advocating for it or agreeing with it.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
No he isn't - as much as a great player he is / he is one dimensional and excels as a pure AM like James - ramsey is much more of a b2b cm than an am.

So basically there was never a F9 or an Am under Sarri which rules out Dybala and Eriksen and if he is going with a CF because ours isn't working he will convert CR7 from wing to center.

Also in our setting to utilize CR7 he will have him play as an inside left forward meaning he needs a physical strong ST to drag defenders and open space.

AGAIN

I am explaining Sarri not agreeing with him - I'd give Dybala a chance to play CF or convert my midfield Composition.

But he won't because he has 1 system and he wants the perfect version of it.

Also

Mertens / Hazard are two different animals than Dybala - they both have more pace and much better finishing from inside the box - on the other hand Dybala will go to Spurs to replace Eriksen as an Am / F9. Not to mention that both can do wing play - if we had Mertens today he'd probably play left wing with CR7 as a ST/CF.

Hazard better finisher than Dybala? Dybala and Eriksen similar? What the hell are you smoking?

Eriksen is a midfielder who excels as a AM or a btb mid. He has also played as a inside LW, both for club and country. He’s main asset is being incredible creative, having the highest number of assist in the PL., while at the same time being able to cover a lot of ground (is almost always the player on the pitch who covers most ground). An absolute perfect fit for the same role as Hamsik had in Napoli for three years under Sarri.

Dybala is not a AM. He is an SS or an CF, and his main strenght is his finishing ability and movement around the box.

Sarri has previously praised Eriksen as the best Tottenham player, when he was Chelsea coach, complimenting him for his technic, creativity and ability to play both as a btb and AM.

What you are writing is absolute nonsense.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I just hope we are not getting to retarded mode and pay Man Utd 85M for Lukaku which means Dybala+10M for Lukaku...
Also if we sell Dybala to Tottenham - Why cant we just swap with Eriksen - He can definitely make an impact here...

- - - Updated - - -

Just sign Quagliarella so we have a REAL WC striker
CL Guaranteed
Should we go for Mirko (Vucinic) as well?

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Again - I am not arguing against that my friend I am merely explaining what Sarri wants and what we will do to accommodate - I am not advocating for it or agreeing with it.

Cool. I'm just anxious about losing Dybala without seeing what Sarri can do with him. Hope he gets to play against Atlético is he's here.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Cool. I'm just anxious about losing Dybala without seeing what Sarri can do with him. Hope he gets to play against Atlético is he's here.
I am clam about losing Dybala if we have a good replacement... The thing is.. We dont..
Dybala is a player everyone likes but the truth is he didnt deliver here and when you detach your emotions and look at facts - Yeah we can do better..
I still dont understand why dont we go for James as he could even come on loan.. He is a player of stats and could also play on the right if we need to..

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
I am clam about losing Dybala if we have a good replacement... The thing is.. We dont..
Dybala is a player everyone likes but the truth is he didnt deliver here and when you detach your emotions and look at facts - Yeah we can do better..
I still dont understand why dont we go for James as he could even come on loan.. He is a player of stats and could also play on the right if we need to..
Same exact issue!

James isn't great on the right - Costa or Berna are way better!!!

James like Eriksen and Dybala is one dimensional - Sarri won't / doesn't use an AM or False 9.

He is not a flexible coach, he shares that with Pep and Conte which is exactly why I hate this school of coaches. They come at a great cost:

1. They can only function when they have the exact players they need.

2. They will probably end up throwing away those who don't fit - If pep had de gea he would have still sold him for a GK who plays with his feet and it is fucking retarded imo.

The only thing which I do not understand is picking Lukaku as the perfect ST - I mean even fucking Icardi is a better option despite Wanda and all his problems.

We could go big for someone like Auba - but then again this is the same coach who had a fetish for Higuain...

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Oh and we are screwed even more if Pjanic doesn't perform - that central Regista is essential for his stupid 433 - now we are putting all our eggs in this formation's basket so we won't have the flexibility to tinker around once mercato is done!

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
James is overhyped with attitude problems let us play dybala as center forward and see what he can deliver

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Same exact issue!

James like Eriksen and Dybala is one dimensional - Sarri won't / doesn't use an AM or False 9.

He is not a flexible coach, he shares that with Pep and Conte which is exactly why I hate this school of coaches. They come at a great cost:

2. They will probably end up throwing away those who don't fit - If pep had de gea he would have still sold him for a GK who plays with his feet and it is fucking retarded imo.

The only thing which I do not understand is picking Lukaku as the perfect ST - I mean even fucking Icardi is a better option despite Wanda and all his problems.

We could go big for someone like Auba - but then again this is the same coach who had a fetish for Higuain...

Yes Pep, Conte, Klopp these type of coaches, who is able to give their teams a certain identity, but are less flexible, are certainly not needed in football today. When is the last time any of them won an important trophy.

And De Gea is excellent with his feet. Do you even watch football or do you just dont understand it.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Has sarri stated he will play a 433? I think at this stage we really dont know what his formula will be. Likely to be what he has played at previous clubs and night I and he did a fantastic job at napoli and wasn't too shabby at Chelsea as manager either.

If we could land Eriksen in the Dybala sale then I would be stoked with that. Getting a technical a d creative midfielder like him is not a bad thing and I'm certain Sarri would utilise him accordingly.

The transfer market is not over yet. Not happy with the latest deals in terms of the value they are giving us but it doesnt mean we can't get a great team together.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
James is overhyped with attitude problems let us play dybala as center forward and see what he can deliver
Stats say different things and he isnt an unknown player that I have never watched.. He is a very good player with good stats.. and.. he can be a loanee..
Dybala is gone I think we all understand that now..
We offered him to Man Utd and now Tottenham and if we cant sell him there he will go to PSG...

- - - Updated - - -

Same exact issue!

Not sure if you are serious..
Content doesnt sound sarcastic but it makes more sense to think about it as one..

- - - Updated - - -

@Mark Will we get Chiesa?

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk
@Paratici...

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Yes Pep, Conte, Klopp these type of coaches, who is able to give their teams a certain identity, but are less flexible, are certainly not needed in football today. When is the last time any of them won an important trophy.

And De Gea is excellent with his feet. Do you even watch football or do you just dont understand it.
I honestly don't give a fuck about identity - the greatest of them all doesn't and that's Zidane - he plays his players.

I was just giving an example about De Gea - a figure of speech on these type of coaches absolute lack of flexibility or innovation.

Also apart from his Barca super team what did pep do in Europe? This includes when he took over heyneckes super bayern that won the treble and a city side with unlimited funds (spending around 1 billion euros to build a team that still failed in europe)

Lippi the greatest coach of all times didn't have a system first philosophy he was true genius able tl adapt and fucking use whatever he has / zidane is the same / heyneckes the same.

Today a system first coaches became predictable on the up side they tend to be more consistent and win more league titled but their lack of flexibility make them more likely to fail in a cup competition where flexibility is everything.

Also Klopp definitely isn't as rigid as pep sarri or conte - he still utilize what he has and not afraid of trying different things.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004

1:49

Worth watching all - although, I don't like Conte in that list as he is one of the most stubborn / none flexible managers out there.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Lukaku to Inter is gaining steam again

We are obviously going to sell Dybala and sign Icardi in that case

Dybala and Cancelo out, Icardi and Danilo in ?

Disappointing imo

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
From the top of my head - and yes I would always prefer a pragmatic coach - because look at us now, throwing Dybala and snubbing Eriksen because they don't fit his 433 is fucking retarded / also we're almost guaranteed that we won't shit in Europe because a good coach will read our game a 100 miles away.

System First:

Guardiola
Cruyff
Sarri
Conte
Capello (Although during his Roma spell he was more daring)
Tele Santana
Van Gaal

Pure Pragmatism:

Lippi
SAF
Zidane
Ancelotti
Allegri
Bearzot
Trapattoni
Heyneckes

As for klopp he has things he insists on like Gengen Press and high tempo but he is very flexible shape wise - definitely not as pargmatic as the 2nd group or stubborn as the first.

3f61d8ed0a0a90eef542d9b07c9edd96.jpg
bfcc70427c1c01ea7bd99e16f0c46b94.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)