Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I think a big reason we fucking suck at getting good prices for our players is because our negative 'style' of play over the years really doesn't lend itself to showing our attackers off.

For fucks sake we're the only elite team in Italy and we couldn't give fucking Ronaldo enough service to beat Quagliarella.
LooL

Cool it mane, :chin: is :cr7:only real equal

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus is not interested in Christian Eriksen as part of the Dybala deal [Fabrizio Romano] :rofl:
LooooL nothing but pure raw plusvalenza baby

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
I love buffon and nedved as much as anyone.... but Zidane is Zidane.... one of the 5 greatest footballers in history. once in a couple generation player. in his absolute prime sold to a rival???

real offered 120m for messi in his prime when that was an OUTRAGEOUS amount money I remember. Barca laughed them off and said there is no number on earth that would make us sell an irreplaceable player like that. that's how a top club acts.... you simply do not sell your once in 2 generation superstar. PERIOD..

I would take an in prime Zidane over buffon =nedved any day of the week (and mind you juve got EXTREMELY lucky to hit on their re-investment, it could have easily gone the way of the Pogba money being flushed down a toilet and thrown away at an old declining player)

the entire postition of goaltender is overrated. and nedved was no Zidane.... a team that made it into 3 straight UCL finals barely sniffed another final post-Zidane. while Zidane was the decisive impact player real needed to win a couple CLs...

any juve fan whos happy about the Zidane sale simply didn't watch football back then. and looks at the paper transactions... the UCL victories speak for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

neither of those players are prime Zidane calibre. not even close.... juve made 3 straight champions league finals in the mid-late 90s.
after Zidane we didn't get a sniff (beside that crushing penalty loss to milan)
Entire position for goalkeeping is overrated?! Goalie mistakes cost you games plain and simple. Prime example 2018 CL final is what a shit goalie gets you.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Juventus is not interested in Christian Eriksen as part of the Dybala deal [Fabrizio Romano] :rofl:

No way, is this serious?

People here don't seem to get it, I had already explained this in the Dybala thread:

Disclaimer - Not defending the guy but rather explaining:

Sarri plays 433 with the following composition

1 Central Regista - Pjanic
1 Animal - Can / Matuidi
1 B2B - Rabiot / Ramsey
1 LF - CR7
1 RF - Berna
1 9 - Lukaku / Icardi / Higuain

Eriksen is a classic AM / F9 - similar to Dybala / if we want Eriksen then we're better off keeping Dybala from his point of view so yeah from this fucked up pov Sarri don't want Eriksen.

Now I myself I am against that amount of inflexibility - I am against any coach who puts a system first strategy and start destroying the team to fit it, especially that Sarri won't win the ucl and we will suffer long term for trying to accommodate his play style.

I prefer a coach who uses what he has and create a system that fits it - a la Lippi or even Allegri.

If Juve would go for someone in midfield to fit Sarri then it would be Pogba but it wouldn't make sense as he will replace the b2b position in which we made Rabiot and Ramsey top earners already.

So yes whatever money we will get from Spurs will be used to fund Lukaku / Icardi.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
My point is that - if he's gonna Integrate an attacking mid then he's better off sticking to Dybala who did great in that role before and the only thing that works for him apart from a false 9 which doesn't exist in Sarri's tactics.

Attacking mid is the only position that would work for Eriksen - so no place under Sarri. Got it?

Strickland

May 17, 2019
My point is that - if he's gonna Integrate an attacking mid then he's better off sticking to Dybala who did great in that role before and the only thing that works for him apart from a false 9 which doesn't exist in Sarri's tactics.

Attacking mid is the only position that would work for Eriksen - so no place under Sarri. Got it?

how can a false 9 not exist in Sarris tactics if both Mertens and Hazard have played it successfully under Sarri?

and Eriksen is nothing like Dybala style or position wise, Dybala is a forward that was asked to play AM and had to adjust, Eriksen is an AM that sometimes plays CM, sometimes AM in Spurs

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
how can a false 9 not exist in Sarris tactics if both Mertens and Hazard have played it successfully under Sarri?

and Eriksen is nothing like Dybala style or position wise, Dybala is a forward that was asked to play AM and had to adjust, Eriksen is an AM that sometimes plays CM, sometimes AM in Spurs
Hazard played as an LF/LW and the exception was CF not F9 - Sarri got Higuain again so he can slot as the middle man - when higs flopped Hazard played as the main CF.

Mertens played as an LW / LF exactly like Hazard and the exception was again CF not F9 to replace Higuain.

Yes I may have used the the wrong term when I said similar - I meant similar situation under Sarri - meaning neither AM or F9 exist in Sarri's world so if an exception is made we might as well keep Dybala!

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014

Last season (according to transfermarkt) Hazard played 42 games as left wing and 9 games as CF. About Mertens - it looks like he is a better finisher than Dybala. Personally I don't mind using Dybala as a false 9. Maybe both Sarri and the management doesn't value Dybala anymore.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

I think he is more similar to Ramsey than Dybala. So if Ramsey can play B2B for Sarri, then so can Eriksen IMO. He will be a little bit lighter in terms of challenging and pressing but he is much closer to Ramsey with his ball control and tight passing and key passes.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Last season (according to transfermarkt) Hazard played 42 games as left wing and 9 games as CF. About Mertens - it looks like he is a better finisher than Dybala. Personally I don't mind using Dybala as a false 9. Maybe both Sarri and the management doesn't value Dybala anymore.
Hazard just happened to be Chelseas best LW and best CF as well, him playing more on LW was due to the rest of the personnel available to Sarri.

Dybala had some conflicts with Max in the past and mentally has not been there for a long while, maybe we just gave up on him and want to cash in while he's still worth something.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
I think he is more similar to Ramsey than Dybala. So if Ramsey can play B2B for Sarri, then so can Eriksen IMO. He will be a little bit lighter in terms of challenging and pressing but he is much closer to Ramsey with his ball control and tight passing and key passes.
No he isn't - as much as a great player he is / he is one dimensional and excels as a pure AM like James - ramsey is much more of a b2b cm than an am.

So basically there was never a F9 or an Am under Sarri which rules out Dybala and Eriksen and if he is going with a CF because ours isn't working he will convert CR7 from wing to center.

Also in our setting to utilize CR7 he will have him play as an inside left forward meaning he needs a physical strong ST to drag defenders and open space.

AGAIN

I am explaining Sarri not agreeing with him - I'd give Dybala a chance to play CF or convert my midfield Composition.

But he won't because he has 1 system and he wants the perfect version of it.

Also

Mertens / Hazard are two different animals than Dybala - they both have more pace and much better finishing from inside the box - on the other hand Dybala will go to Spurs to replace Eriksen as an Am / F9. Not to mention that both can do wing play - if we had Mertens today he'd probably play left wing with CR7 as a ST/CF.

Last edited:

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Basically Dybala / Sarri and Eriksen all share the same flaw - absolute lack of flexibility.

Two players that are great at what they do but very one dimensional and a coach who only has 1 system and is not willing to compromise or change it.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
If things don't go well in Sarriball 4-3-3 then we're screwed because we'll have no variety so let's keep a target man, wingers, a support striker and a playmaker. For Eriksen you need a 4-2-3-1 or diamond 4-4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)