Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (62 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Of course it is going to be aplied. But has the club weakened?
You haven't even seen them play,the mercato isn't even over , why the comparison then?
Beppe also made epic deal like llorente free dani alves free, but people seemed to have already forgotten about them.
i am curious to hear how that compares to this summers forcing out assets of actual substantial value.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
i am curious to hear how that compares to this summers forcing out assets of actual substantial value.
Except cancelo have we sold any starters?
Cancelo out de ligt demiral in defence
Midfield is improved .
Attack lost kean.
Actual substantial value is dependent on how much clubs offer for the asset.
You can ask whatever you want for a player if buyers don't exist then it is clear they are overpriced.
I don't see bidding wars starting for cancelo at 60 mil.? Do you?
I don't see bidding wars starting for dybi at 80? I only see totenham and psg at 55 60.Even those guys at rat cafe wondered why aren't clubs after him at that price. Simple because he is not worth that much.
Look at de ligt.Psg would gladly offer 90 if it meant him choosing them over us.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Midfield is improved .
Attack lost kean.
You can ask whatever you want for a player if buyers don't exist then it is clear they are overpriced.
I don't see bidding wars starting for dybi at 80? I only see totenham and psg at 55 60.Even those guys at rat cafe wondered why aren't clubs after him at that price. Simple because he is not worth that much.
Look at de ligt.Psg would gladly offer 90 if it meant him choosing them over us.
This problem happen because of our style of play. Our player are value under their true value. While exciting young players are overhype and over value just because they give free role that make them look "more explosive"

For Kean, this is maximal value we can recover because our DS failed to extend his contract and promise him starting spot. So we cut loss and take profit while we can. Ideal solution should be extend his contract (same amount as his Everton contract) and loan him to Sassuolo so he can get first team appearence. If he get 20+ goals in 1 season in Sassuolo take him back, If he get 10 - 15 goals, extend his loan with vision to take him back the year after or sell to the highest bidder ( maybe we can get around 50 to 70 )

If Dybala can get goals and assist like Mertens did with Napoli under Sarri, I think we can sell him for 100+mill euro

Our plus point is we strengthen our defense with young blood and exciting players. Bolster our midfield with freebies but above average players.
But this will be a problem when we offload them because they have high wages. They can only go if they perform great so the salary look worth on them

Ronaldo transfer is a good one but there is so much downside of this transfer. First to build team around him, while he is not young anymore screams no future. Second his high wages, we must sacrifice players to get money for our wage bills

For Luca Pellegrini transfer, I have strong feeling our DS mistaken Luca Pellegrini with Lorenzo Pellegrini

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So to update our mercato, it was a 9/10, turned into 8/10 after the Spina-Pelle swap, turned into 5.5/10 after the loss of the decade for 27.5mil, now 4/10 because of the Cancelo-Danilo swap...
No rumors to improve our team anymore, just to further downgrade it, like the Dybala-Lukaku swap, which was thankfully cancelled for the moment.
All our deadwood is still here and as the EPL transfer window has closed, it will be really hard to get rid of our injury prone, high salary, low performance trash.
We are in a very difficult situation and if nothing sort of miraculous happens, our future looks grim and our chances for CL glory wasted before the season starts.
Criminal mistakes were made, heads must roll, Marotta may be the main culprit, but also the men that handled the situation the months after his removal.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Midfield is improved .
Attack lost kean.
I wonder if you gonna say same crap when Cancelo and Kean will be beasting in the EPL.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
So to update our mercato, it was a 9/10, turned into 8/10 after the Spina-Pelle swap, turned into 5.5/10 after the loss of the decade for 27.5mil, now 4/10 because of the Cancelo-Danilo swap...
No rumors to improve our team anymore, just to further downgrade it, like the Dybala-Lukaku swap, which was thankfully cancelled for the moment.
All our deadwood is still here and as the EPL transfer window has closed, it will be really hard to get rid of our injury prone, high salary, low performance trash.
We are in a very difficult situation and if nothing sort of miraculous happens, our future looks grim and our chances for CL glory wasted before the season starts.
Criminal mistakes were made, heads must roll, Marotta may be the main culprit, but also the men that handled the situation the months after his removal.
Besides the obligatory Marotta BS, a Cronios post I actually agree with :shocked:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Spina is Roma level player, he wouldnt start for us anyway. He had a string of good games but he is nowhere near Alex Sandro. Also he is a wing back not fullback, probably would cause problems in defence later in the season.

Regarding Kean lets not forget that this guy had only one year left on his contract and probably didnt want to renew with out playing guarantees.
I really cant see anything bad in this deals.

Dybala and Cancelo are different cases. If its Cancelo for Danilo and 28m then its a bad deal should be at least 10m more.
Dybala should be given one more season before we decide anything on him, he is too talented to give him for Lukaku. At the same time though I can see what problems we had with Cancelo, while Dybala sale is probably related to the lack of strong presence in CF position which is also seen by me.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I wonder what those who are giving grades and dropping them after Cancelo`s sale - I wonder what they are going to say when our teams suddenly stops looking like a joke when being attacked at that particular area.. I wonder what they are going to say when we win the CL and yeah in terms of a team we are certainly one of the top 3 clubs in the world..
I just cant believe how much Cancelo is being overrated here - I guess people rate players according to their technique and not the overall package..
Im not referring to Danilo, Im just talking about Cancelo.
If a player makes you concede 10 goals a season but contribute to 12 goals it doesnt make him a great player..

Pogba- Im not hopeful and there are even rumors that say we are being used by Raiola to apply pressure on Real Madrid.

and the last thing Icardi - FI says Ronaldo gave his approval - I really hope its some BS as Icardi is very very overrated.
Inside the box he is very good, outside the box not so much and he cant really pass a ball... Honestly I dont think he is much better than Higuain (Higuain to me is more complete but he is too heavy to be a starter if we can do something about it..)

P.S - We should really go for Eriksen - We can get a WC midfielder for around 70M while if we wait he will go to Real Madrid for free.
Yeah its true that we "can" get him for free if we wait but I think the player is too poised for Real Madrid so if Real offers him a contract he will go there..
In terms of money per value - He would represent a better deal than Pogba (Even if I rate Pogba as the best midfielder in the world and he is probably my favorite active player)

Last edited:

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
Yeah, its me and I live in a cave. Our board are living in the next cave, so their decision making is naturally questionable. You on the other hand live in a society where things are valued in respect. A Ferrari is respect, house in Malubu more respect. In our caves we use money. Or is it just me?

As for Pogba - we are surely going to build a team around moral values,integrity and intelligence... but unfortunately they need to be playing football at the highest level too. If we can't get everything I wonder which one will a club with a motto 'winning is not important, it's the only thing that matters' choose?... But I digress, I am going back in my cave!
Well, you sound like you are from the cave. Not geographical, but mental one. And yes, there is a chance we live in a very different environments, but more likely we just have different attitude and value different things.
Our board hired very questionable character as the manager, they are one step away from declining our RB and had one of the worst transfer ideas i've EVER heard with regards to our strikers. So yeah, their decisions this summer are very questionable. I would be very happy if they prove me wrong tho. Funny how someone can be happy, even if he does not own beachfront property in Malibu...

The Pogba deal could have very negative impact to the team as a whole. It is difficult to find the right chemistry between the players as it is, even without someone who was disrespectful towards them before and seems preoccupied with social media success, rather than that one on the field.

Apr 29, 2006
Well, you sound like you are from the cave. Not geographical, but mental one. And yes, there is a chance we live in a very different environments, but more likely we just have different attitude and value different things.
Our board hired very questionable character as the manager, they are one step away from declining our RB and had one of the worst transfer ideas i've EVER heard with regards to our strikers. So yeah, their decisions this summer are very questionable. I would be very happy if they prove me wrong tho. Funny how someone can be happy, even if he does not own beachfront property in Malibu...

The Pogba deal could have very negative impact to the team as a whole. It is difficult to find the right chemistry between the players as it is, even without someone who was disrespectful towards them before and seems preoccupied with social media success, rather than that one on the field.
Listen lil'man, your ideas of morality and disrespect sound like a a chimpanzee playing Beethoven. It would be funny, if it wasn't insultingly stupid. You might be a young G, but naivete can't be there to save your ass forever. As for all those players feeling disrespected by Pogba, in case they aren't PROFESSIONALS, I guess they WOULD have to be happy with just their Malibu front beach properties and Ferraries. Then if they buy some fries from McDonalds or sth to get some change, they will throw it your way and buy you and your respect... or just you. That'll help them releive the burden of disrespect that Pogba laid on them and, more importantly, your ability to talk about non-stop about it. :wine:

As for the board that made you 'question' them after 8th consecutive title... Don't worry! It wasn't them at all - it was all you. Juve is safe.

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
This problem happen because of our style of play. Our player are value under their true value. While exciting young players are overhype and over value just because they give free role that make them look "more explosive"

For Kean, this is maximal value we can recover because our DS failed to extend his contract and promise him starting spot. So we cut loss and take profit while we can. Ideal solution should be extend his contract (same amount as his Everton contract) and loan him to Sassuolo so he can get first team appearence. If he get 20+ goals in 1 season in Sassuolo take him back, If he get 10 - 15 goals, extend his loan with vision to take him back the year after or sell to the highest bidder ( maybe we can get around 50 to 70 )

If Dybala can get goals and assist like Mertens did with Napoli under Sarri, I think we can sell him for 100+mill euro

Our plus point is we strengthen our defense with young blood and exciting players. Bolster our midfield with freebies but above average players.
But this will be a problem when we offload them because they have high wages. They can only go if they perform great so the salary look worth on them

Ronaldo transfer is a good one but there is so much downside of this transfer. First to build team around him, while he is not young anymore screams no future. Second his high wages, we must sacrifice players to get money for our wage bills

For Luca Pellegrini transfer, I have strong feeling our DS mistaken Luca Pellegrini with Lorenzo Pellegrini

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk
You think our ds didn't propose that move to kean?The difference is that even though you score 10 goals in sassuolo you are still a nobody and your merits are only recognized in Italy. Scoring 10 goals in the most hyped up league is different.
I agree that our previous style of play relies on efficiency rather than on flash play
I think luca Pellegrini was bought and spina sold only to balance the books . He looks to have potential .

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if you gonna say same crap when Cancelo and Kean will be beasting in the EPL.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
If they are going to be besting you don't think their team has doesn't have any merits?
So you can compare cancelo in Italy where the defense are compact and park the bus against juve on a daily basis with cancelo at city where the league relies on stamina speed , contratack, Guardiola's possession play who usually has opponents see the ball only when city wants to take a breather.
In case of kean playing regularly for Everton doesn't help him at all in his development?
You think eating chips on our bench on a daily basis is going to make him wc?

Last edited:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
People forget that the player has to accept the deal, Cancelo clearly wants City or he'd do a Dybala so let him go. Danilo might be good, he certainly defends better than Cancelo.

What annoys me is that Sarri should be allowed to decide if he wants Dybala to stay and if he wants a winger. Sarri doesn't need Lukaku, Higuain and Mandzukic. Kean looks more versatile than Lukaku, also faster than Berna so he's a perfect rotation player but he's gone. Furthermore, if Sarri wants someone like Lukaku, Icardi is there for half the price and he's a much better finisher.

I think the Atlético match will tell us what Sarri wants from the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Us training, all the important players are there.

Last edited:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
We are terrible at selling players. Other clubs would have got 40m for kean...and the cancelo deal would have been straight cash for 60m. We just get bent over every time.

The thing that I don't understand is that we are meant to be going for CL glory and yet this team is getting a major overhaul. So many changes...almost like a rebuild...this summer was meant to be focused on short term reinforcements to win the CL. It has turned out to be a complete rebuild which will have no chance of gelling overnight...going to be a very hard season.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
People forget that the player has to accept the deal, Cancelo clearly wants City or he'd do a Dybala so let him go. Danilo might be good, he certainly defends better than Cancelo.

What annoys me is that Sarri should be allowed to decide if he wants Dybala to stay and if he wants a winger. Sarri doesn't need Lukaku, Higuain and Mandzukic. Kean looks more versatile than Lukaku, also faster than Berna so he's a perfect rotation player but he's gone. Furthermore, if Sarri wants someone like Lukaku, Icardi is there for half the price and he's a much better finisher.

I think the Atlético match will tell us what Sarri wants from the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Us training, all the important players are there.
THANK GOD Costa is training with the team. :tup:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
We are terrible at selling players. Other clubs would have got 40m for kean...and the cancelo deal would have been straight cash for 60m. We just get bent over every time.

The thing that I don't understand is that we are meant to be going for CL glory and yet this team is getting a major overhaul. So many changes...almost like a rebuild...this summer was meant to be focused on short term reinforcements to win the CL. It has turned out to be a complete rebuild which will have no chance of gelling overnight...going to be a very hard season.
Please tell me an under 21 player that doesn't start regularly for his club that went for over 40 mil. .Not to mention he was in the last year of contract.
You can search even in big clubs.
I'l wait.

Edit: In case of cancelo you saw all those clubs lining up for him and outbidding each other like hell.No?
That's because only city wants him and he apparently wants city ,because if not he wouldn't agree to a move.
It's not like let's say totenham bid 60 mil. For cancelo but we are stupid and we sell to city for danilo + 28 mil.

Another example man utd clearly thought that wan bisaka for 50 or 55 is a better deal than cancelo for 60.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Spina is Roma level player, he wouldnt start for us anyway.
but we need squad players, and spina is the textbook squad player for a club like juventus. homegrown, low salary, dedicated to the club, never whined about his situation. also, he's good enough to challenge sandro and if sandro's form drops, replace him for a couple of weeks. remember, spina managed to produce a near-perfect game against atletico, and that is one of the best matches juve played last season.

and we replaced him with a guy who'll be loaned out. so we need an other backup for sandro.

while i get the motivation for it, for me the spina-pellegrini swap is a disastrous move on a sporting level, unless pellegrini reaches spina's level and actually plays for juventus, either as a squad player or a starter.

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
Listen lil'man, your ideas of morality and disrespect sound like a a chimpanzee playing Beethoven. It would be funny, if it wasn't insultingly stupid. You might be a young G, but naivete can't be there to save your ass forever. As for all those players feeling disrespected by Pogba, in case they aren't PROFESSIONALS, I guess they WOULD have to be happy with just their Malibu front beach properties and Ferraries. Then if they buy some fries from McDonalds or sth to get some change, they will throw it your way and buy you and your respect... or just you. That'll help them releive the burden of disrespect that Pogba laid on them and, more importantly, your ability to talk about non-stop about it. :wine:

As for the board that made you 'question' them after 8th consecutive title... Don't worry! It wasn't them at all - it was all you. Juve is safe.
Lil man :) oh the salt! :)
What is my my ideas on morality and disrespect exactly? Don't bother looking, you would not find it here or anywhere on this forum. My position on Pogba might give you a glimpse of it, but hardly anything to go by, so why bother pretending? Between all this incoherent bs, insults and street slang, do you think you are proving anything else, but your own mental problems?
Do you have any ideas other then offering to suck cocks for a big mac? Cuz i think we are done here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)