Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Hey guys,

Have been following this forum pretty much daily for a few years now, without ever really posting, but this mercato raised a few questions for me. Would anyone be willing to clarify?

Iirc, when Pogba moved to United we received a fee of ~€105m and lost a big chunk of this to Raiola agent fees. Now we bought De Ligt for 75m, and this time from what I read we had to pay an additional 10m in agent fees to Raiola. Who's responsibility is it to pay a player's agent?

Also, why is everyone on the forum so eager to get Pogba back for tens of millions more than we sold him for, despite him having relatively mediocre seasons at United? I would like him back too, but why would we accept to pay so much for him? Especially now that it appears he wants to leave...

Cheers!
I guess agent fees is part of the price you pay. Essentially it's like real estate. If you buy a player for €100m, a cut of that (10-15%) goes to the agent. The actual player fee is €85-90m.

People are eager to bring Pogba back because they know what he's capable of. And you won't find many rating him higher than Juventus fans. He scored incredible goals here and was crucial at times.

Most fans dont care about money either. Dont care what they cost or earn. They only care about the players quality. I had an argument with a friend over Pogbas possible valuation rise. I too didn't understand why he would become more expensive than back when United bought him from us. He was younger, he just came out of 2-3 great seasons. Now he's 26 - three years older. He's been decent in form, but not great as he used to be for us. Why is he gonna cost more then? Some would argue he's won the world cup with france. Many claim this to be so ever important - especially in the Messi-GOAT discussion with people claiming you have to win the World Cup with your country.

Overall I don't think Pogba has done anything to justify him becoming more expensive. He was a better player a few years ago, and he was younger.

To answer your question - why is everyone crazy to have him back? Because our Pogba was the complete player. He was technically skilled, tactical aware, physically superior and highly marketable.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I guess agent fees is part of the price you pay. Essentially it's like real estate. If you buy a player for €100m, a cut of that (10-15%) goes to the agent. The actual player fee is €85-90m.

People are eager to bring Pogba back because they know what he's capable of. And you won't find many rating him higher than Juventus fans. He scored incredible goals here and was crucial at times.

Most fans dont care about money either. Dont care what they cost or earn. They only care about the players quality. I had an argument with a friend over Pogbas possible valuation rise. I too didn't understand why he would become more expensive than back when United bought him from us. He was younger, he just came out of 2-3 great seasons. Now he's 26 - three years older. He's been decent in form, but not great as he used to be for us. Why is he gonna cost more then? Some would argue he's won the world cup with france. Many claim this to be so ever important - especially in the Messi-GOAT discussion with people claiming you have to win the World Cup with your country.

Overall I don't think Pogba has done anything to justify him becoming more expensive. He was a better player a few years ago, and he was younger.

To answer your question - why is everyone crazy to have him back? Because our Pogba was the complete player. He was technically skilled, tactical aware, physically superior and highly marketable.
Pogba will almost guarantee the CL trophy next season IMO - He is just damn good!
Imagine our midfield with Pjanic Rabiot Ramsey and Pogba with Ronaldo Higuain (who is extremely underrated IMO) D.Costa (Im sure he will convince Sarri he is better than Bernardeschi) or Chiesa who is a better fit to Sarri`s tactics

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pogba will almost guarantee the CL trophy next season IMO - He is just damn good!
Imagine our midfield with Pjanic Rabiot Ramsey and Pogba with Ronaldo Higuain (who is extremely underrated IMO) D.Costa (Im sure he will convince Sarri he is better than Bernardeschi) or Chiesa who is a better fit to Sarri`s tactics
But he has been poor with MU. Do we really want to take other peoples trash?

I think that's the going logic now. Poor at one club means no chance at next club.

Apr 29, 2006
Should be everyone's thing imho :)

And yes, i'm one of those who wouldn't want him or Icardi in Juve shirt.
It's true it should be everyone's thing, but I don't see anyone signing up for the revolution. Unless its sponsored by the same disrespectful people, of course. Expecting it from a super-commercially driven mega club, while not so much from the very institutions that govern you is absurd to put it mildly. Same thing for people with a career span of 10 years.

You not only have zero self-respect but you are financially illiterate if you think wasting money on an Instagram whore is worth a Ronaldo. Because this is how much will cost you to have your 10 goals per season midfielder.
I don't know, but you know even less. The people that run this club seem to think so and I guess they've been doing pretty well so far. Not a lot of players are worth a Ronaldo, but maybe he is worth a Higuain and a half? You see what I did there...

Don't pretend like you have a singe clue about what is financially feasible for the club. You don't. As for self-respecting yourself by not supporting Pogba's move ... I think I said it already, but if it ain't clear I will repeat: It looks like someone 'protecting' himself by sleeping with 9 HIV-positives a day, instead of 10.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
But he has been poor with MU. Do we really want to take other peoples trash?

I think that's the going logic now. Poor at one club means no chance at next club.
IIRC Edgar Davids (who is also my all time favorite player) played for Milan and failed only to move to Juve and become a legend
Cannavaro is another example.
I think people have short memory and they only remember what that is recent without taking the whole picture to their consideration.
I know you werent serious so its not directed to you but more for others on this forum

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
IIRC Edgar Davids (who is also my all time favorite player) played for Milan and failed only to move to Juve and become a legend
Cannavaro is another example.
I think people have short memory and they only remember what that is recent without taking the whole picture to their consideration.
I know you werent serious so its not directed to you but more for others on this forum
I want Pogba back. Would take immediately.

I do, however, find it strange that when discussing high value players that have been mediocre here but the thought of selling them angers people I have to ask why. Do we keep players indefinitely simply because they have "potential"? Ideally I'd like to keep Sandro, Dybala (worth a shot with Sarri) and Cancelo but I'm also not going to kick the puppy because we might sell them.

We have a problem at Juventus and it isn't this plusvalenza people are talking about. Its about talented players with a lot of potential start off strong then taper off to a stagnant mediocre level.

Sandro: Season 1, amazing. Nothing much after that
Cancelo: Started last season well, then looked like he didn't give a fuck.
Dybala: Season 1, holy shit. After that, it was like watching paint dry.
Higuain: Season 1, wow. Goals galore. Then those eventually started to dry up.

Over 200m in player transfers for those 4 players alone...did we get our worth over time with them? I don't think so.

WC players should be improving consistently. Why are players regressing here? Coach? Luck? Philosophy? What is it?

Last edited:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I want Pogba back. Would take immediately.

I do, however, find it strange that when discussing high value players that have been mediocre here but the thought of selling them angers people I have to ask why. Do we keep players indefinitely simply because they have "potential"? Ideally I'd like to keep Sandro, Dybala (worth a shot with Sarri) and Cancelo but I'm also not going to kick the puppy because we might sell them.

We have a problem at Juventus and it isn't this plusvalenza people are talking about. Its about talented players with a lot of potential start off strong then taper off to a stagnant mediocre level.

Sandro: Season 1, amazing. Nothing much after that
Cancelo: Started last season well, then looked like he didn't give a fuck.
Dybala: Season 1, holy shit. After that, it was like watching paint dry.
Higuain: Season 1, wow. Goals galore. Then those eventually started to dry up.

Over 200m in player transfers for those 4 players alone...did we get our worth over time with them? I don't think so.

WC players should be improving consistently. Why are players regressing here? Coach? Luck? Philopshy? What is it?
That is a good point. There's a pattern.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
If Pellegrini goes, who will cover Sandro on the left side? Will we play Danilo as a starter RB and MDS as backup LB and rotate RB with Cuadrado? Seems like a downgrade, no?

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
If Pellegrini goes, who will cover Sandro on the left side? Will we play Danilo as a starter RB and MDS as backup LB and rotate RB with Cuadrado? Seems like a downgrade, no?
Sandro will be a sub. De Sciglio will be a starting LB.

He will be a starting RB as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)