Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (88 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
He can't even get past Bonucci nowadays, CF will suit him the best.
In a long run, there's no way 35 year old player is going to be playing as a LW for that many years anymore, so it would be smart to finally adapt to a complete CF. I mean, it's almost comical to think that 37 year old Ronaldo in 2021/2022 season flanking on left, beating enemies 1v1's and trying to get something done.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
In a long run, there's no way 35 year old player is going to be playing as a LW for that many years anymore, so it would be smart to finally adapt to a complete CF. I mean, it's almost comical to think that 37 year old Ronaldo in 2021/2022 season flanking on left, beating enemies 1v1's and trying to get something done.
Maybe not but Ronaldo aint some limited poacher he created alot of goals last year and did see him dribbling/beating plenty of players last season and in are biggest matches too.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Try PSG by sending them Dybala, Costa and Cancelo for Neymar and see what they say..Just want to annoy Barca fans even more :lol:

Italy new tax heaven baby :klin:

also, don't forget that Neymar was in Turin a few months ago for a commercial with Ronaldo, and you guys know superstars get mesmerized whenever they get to Turin :klin:

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2014
Yeah, so I usually find myself saying: "we have the ability to take on more debt, we've fine financially". Neymar would break the bank unless PSG is willing to sell him at a massive loss. That being said Neymar-Ronaldo-Costa would be absolute torture for defenders.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Maybe not but Ronaldo aint some limited poacher he created alot of goals last year and did see him dribbling/beating plenty of players last season and in are biggest matches too.
But at the same time, we had to start Matuidi because he can run enough to compensate for Ronaldo on the left side. And we had to start Mandzukic for most of the year as well in the centre. And we could only defend with 8 players instead of 9 and looked vulnerable defensively.

There are different ways to look at the team construction regarding Ronaldo. I'm not sure what the correct answer is. I know Ronaldo is the best LW and the best ST on the team though.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Try PSG by sending them Dybala, Costa and Cancelo for Neymar and see what they say..Just want to annoy Barca fans even more :lol:

Italy new tax heaven baby :klin:

also, don't forget that Neymar was in Turin a few months ago for a commercial with Ronaldo, and you guys know superstars get mesmerized whenever they get to Turin :klin:
Why stop there? Lets throw in co-ownership of the stadium, the team bus, and Agnelli's wife too.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
People who still says that we can't afford massive wages are living under the rock and doesn't follow our transfer activities for the last few years. We can afford anything wage-wise. Especially after new tax law. Offload Gonzalo and Khedira and you have the room.
I still say we can't afford Neymar. In Higuain case, if we can sell him for a price equal to his amortization (36M), it still takes no gain compare to last season.

- - - Updated - - -

But at the same time, we had to start Matuidi because he can run enough to compensate for Ronaldo on the left side. And we had to start Mandzukic for most of the year as well in the centre. And we could only defend with 8 players instead of 9 and looked vulnerable defensively.

There are different ways to look at the team construction regarding Ronaldo. I'm not sure what the correct answer is. I know Ronaldo is the best LW and the best ST on the team though.
Even intelligent coach like Allegri struggle to find an answer when it comes to balance in defence phase.

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
Is this Neymar stuff are the real deal? F**k his attitude and behaviour but god damn were going to be a scary team

Btw which one you choose?
Opt 1: Sign another midfielder + icardi and close mercato
Opt 2: sign Neymar and close mercato

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2014
Is this Neymar stuff are the real deal? F**k his attitude and behaviour but god damn were going to be a scary team

What midfielder? Haha
Because it better be a good midfielder. Neymar when actually focused and motivated is a top 3 player in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019

Opt 1 if that middlefielder is Eriksen. it would be something like 130m for Eriksen + Icardi and we could almost supply all of it by selling Dybala.

-----------------------Icardi--------------------------

CR7--------------Eriksen---------------Berna

----------Pjanic---------------Rabiot-----------

AS-----Chiellini-----De Ligt-------Cancelo

-----------------------Woj----------------------------

Just look at it; we wouldn't need to be afraid of anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)