Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
This nonsens again. You didn't see Berna doing that when he played in Dybala's place... It's Dybala who did not, no one asked him to.

And he was talking about CL goals, not in England or Italy.
I think you need glasses, even Berna went back to help in defense and he did not do anything more than Dybala. It does not matter CL or English and Italian league.
The style of play was the same. Klopp and guardiola hold possession, short passes over the ground, that does not happen With Allegri.
Tell me why did all most every body found Juve horrible the way they played ? with the exception of people like you who love Allergri. We had 1 good game in the CL against Atletico and that because we had no other choice, we had to attack but the rest was a disaster , ugly,ugly football. If you like it good for you, but I don't. But I forgot :
" Vincere e l'unica cosa che conta!" In my book there is winning and winning.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I think you need glasses, even Berna went back to help in defense and he did not do anything more than Dybala. It does not matter CL or English and Italian league.
The style of play was the same. Klopp and guardiola hold possession, short passes over the ground, that does not happen With Allegri.
Tell me why did all most every body found Juve horrible the way they played ? with the exception of people like you who love Allergri. We had 1 good game in the CL against Atletico and that because we had no other choice, we had to attack but the rest was a disaster , ugly,ugly football. If you like it good for you, but I don't. But I forgot :
Well, Berna did that when he played as a CM man. Not when he was upfront. Nice try.

You're a Dybala apologist, no problem. But trying to reason out of his abysmal stats in big games is funny, even for an apologist. He definitely has talent but anyone denying he hasn't played to his potential or only using external excuses is the one "needing glasses". Horrible football is subjective, his horrible stats are not and that was what we were discussing... If you think Dybala would have a starting place at Man City or Liverpool, I can only laugh....

I do not love Allegri and I did not defend his football. The thing is Dybala was just horrible, missing simple controls, dribbles, etc. Things that had nothing to do with anything but him. Get real. He even played as a striker in the last games and was still roaming around Chiellini...

And of course he could possibly turn it around. We have all seen his potential but pinning it all on the coach is sooooo dumb. Everyone else that replaced him, did a much better job. Douglas Costa, Berna or even Kean...

I guess you'd take another CL final loss then as long as we had some possession. I'd rather win it, couldn't care less how.

Last edited:

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
Well, Berna did that when he played as a CM man. Not when he was upfront. Nice try.

You're a Dybala apologist, no problem. But trying to reason out of his abysmal stats in big games is funny, even for an apologist. He definitely has talent but anyone denying he hasn't played to his potential or only using external excuses is the one "needing glasses". Horrible football is subjective, his horrible stats are not and that was what we were discussing... If you think Dybala would have a starting place at Man City or Liverpool, I can only laugh....

I do not love Allegri and I did not defend his football. The thing is Dybala was just horrible, missing simple controls, dribbles, etc. Things that had nothing to do with anything but him. Get real. He even played as a striker in the last games and was still roaming around Chiellini...

And of course he could possibly turn it around. We have all seen his potential but pinning it all on the coach is sooooo dumb. Everyone else that replaced him, did a much better job. Douglas Costa, Berna or even Kean...

I guess you'd take another CL final loss then as long as we had some possession. I'd rather win it, couldn't care less how.
We will see what will happen with Sarri. And yes I like technical players above physical ones. That could be Dybala or Griesman, Mbappe or even Joao Felix. I would have made the change Dybala for Joao Felix, love this kid.
Allegri likes people like Khedira and Mandzukic. he likes work horses who come in defense. How do you know even as an attacker that Allegri did not ask Dybala to go pick up the ball in defense? Really how many goals did Berna , very inconsistent, and Costa score up front. Kean was ok. Why did Juventus sack Allegri do you think? He had problems with a number of players. Or he went or they went. Think about it. Believe me I played on a high level and the coach plays a big role. How the team plays, the way they play, what the players have to do position wise. ect.... If a coach was not important every team could play without one. Allegri never was a great coach. He was not a Sacchi or Capello in Milan. He won here because there was nobody else in Serie A. Yes he played 2 CL finales but lost them both. Sacchi won 5 if I remember. Yes blame the players that is easy!!!
The coach did nothing wrong.
That is my opinion and I also remember that in Tuz. when they said Allegri was coming, most of you did not like it.

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
No. You didn't watch the games vs Manchester United?
The result in the second one was ugly, I'll give you that. But then, you said winning isn't the only thing that matters.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We will see what will happen with Sarri. And yes I like technical players above physical ones. That could be Dybala or Griesman, Mbappe or even Joao Felix. I would have made the change Dybala for Joao Felix, love this kid.
Allegri likes people like Khedira and Mandzukic. he likes work horses who come in defense. How do you know even as an attacker that Allegri did not ask Dybala to go pick up the ball in defense? Really how many goals did Berna , very inconsistent, and Costa score up front. Kean was ok. Why did Juventus sack Allegri do you think? He had problems with a number of players. Or he went or they went. Think about it. Believe me I played on a high level and the coach plays a big role. How the team plays, the way they play, what the players have to do position wise. ect.... If a coach was not important every team could play without one. Allegri never was a great coach. He was not a Sacchi or Capello in Milan. He won here because there was nobody else in Serie A. Yes he played 2 CL finales but lost them both. Sacchi won 5 if I remember. Yes blame the players that is easy!!!
That is my opinion and I also remember that in Tuz. when they said Allegri was coming, most of you did not like it.
How do we know? Because Allegri was heard screaming at the touchline for Dybala to play higher up the field on multiple occassions... Plain and simple.

Allegri asked for a playmaker every summer, he never got one. So stating he like his Khedira's and Mandzukic' is well... not very objective or at least only a part of the info. Allegri's style deteriorated when the midfield did. Which is also very plain and simple to understand but that is not the discussion here. Dybala having a godawful season by his standards was. And it wasn't the coach alone, not by a long shot.

Btw I never stated Allegri didn't do anything wrong (he obviously did) but I see that's the narrative you tend to give to objective looking people... Spare me the 'I played on a high level' talk... I won't go there.

I'm all for Sarri at this point, so yeah let's see what happens. We're having a pretty awesome mercato up 'till this point so we should be good.

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Sacchi didn’t win 5 CLs lol.

And saying Allegri isn’t (wasn’t) a great coach is just intellectual prostitution, as Jose Mourinho would say.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Thought about writing "didn't read lol" right away, but then I did read it and now I regret it.

Apr 17, 2013
According to L'Equipe, Hamza #Rafia is getting closer to Juventus. The attacking midfielder will first sign his first professional contract with OL before being transferred to Italy. Thus, his former club will be able to benefit from a transfer fee.

Juventus would also be in favor of this formula in order to maintain good relations with Lyon.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
According to L'Equipe, Hamza #Rafia is getting closer to Juventus. The attacking midfielder will first sign his first professional contract with OL before being transferred to Italy. Thus, his former club will be able to benefit from a transfer fee.

Juventus would also be in favor of this formula in order to maintain good relations with Lyon.
So when Dondombele join?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)