Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (51 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobeAle

Aug 11, 2014
They should rather focus on De Ligt. Rabiot and Ramsey are more than capable to perform in the midfield and they don’t have to sacrifice half the team for them. This team needs workers in the midfield and not stars in my opinion.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
If we sell Mandzu, Costa, Cuadrado, Cancelo, Khedira, Matuidi
Bring in Hysaj, De Ligt, Rabiot, Pogba, Chiesa

Would we be able to keep Dybala please?

Yeah Dybala is gone for sure it seems :cry:
Why would we sell D.Costa and Cuadrado and only bring in Chiesa? For a 433 we'll need around 4 winger type of players.
IMO Bernadeschi would suit Sarris old Hamsik b2b role in the middle. Berna lacks pace for a wide Sarri type of winger.
Sarri need wide players like D. Costa, Cuadrado, Chiesa & maybe Kean with pace who can cross and assist for mr-40-goal-a-season up front.

If Dybala is to stay it will push Ronaldo out wide. I have a hard time seing how this could be Sarriball tactically. We'd utilize CR7 better up front, while Dybala is not a winger type of player. Keeping Dybala calls for a whole new Sarriball tactic. I wonder if he will create something new. IMO we should sacrifice Dybala for a player just suited for Sarriball. Offer a straight swap: Pogba for Dybala. Otherwise sell Dybala for at least €100m.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Its gotten to the point where i don't even see selling Dybala as a loss, if he goes we wont lose literally anything tbh, at the end of the last season he didn't fit in at all, and i really don't see him fitting into Sarri's system however i look at it. I'd take money and run for him, people here can complain all they want, but he won't wont another year on the bench, and his value will fall ever lower

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Why would we sell D.Costa and Cuadrado and only bring in Chiesa? For a 433 we'll need around 4 winger type of players.
IMO Bernadeschi would suit Sarris old Hamsik b2b role in the middle. Berna lacks pace for a wide Sarri type of winger.
Sarri need wide players like D. Costa, Cuadrado, Chiesa & maybe Kean with pace who can cross and assist for mr-40-goal-a-season up front.
Berna is not lacking pace man, he's very fast I'd say. It's usual for him to overtake defenders. What he lacks is end-product and Sarri is one of the very few that can fix that (like he did with Insigne etc.).

IMO Both Berna and Costa stay here, they are typical wingers for Sarri. Cuadrado could stay but I don't think Sarri will make too much fuss about him leaving, especially if we land Chiesa, another winger which would be perfect.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I`d definitely do it but if we get Pogba does it mean no M.D.L?
why not?
you pay Pogba with Dybala and pay De Ligt with the money you get from Manzo,Khedira,Matuidi and Cuadrado.
Also what with Higuain?
Do we need a Forward if Sarri will play Ronaldo as Winger? we only have Kean if we sell Higuain and Mandzukic which are both aged

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Berna is not lacking pace man, he's very fast I'd say. It's usual for him to overtake defenders. What he lacks is end-product and Sarri is one of the very few that can fix that (like he did with Insigne etc.).

IMO Both Berna and Costa stay here, they are typical wingers for Sarri. Cuadrado could stay but I don't think Sarri will make too much fuss about him leaving, especially if we land Chiesa, another winger which would be perfect.
IMO Berna looks slow in both acceleration and sprint speed. At least if you consider the typical Sarri wingers. Calleron, Insigne, Hazard and Willian are all blazing fast compared to Bernadeschi. This is not to criticize Berna, I think he's a great player. But he would be better in the middle of everything than a flank.

Soloist

Feb 2, 2019
why not?
you pay Pogba with Dybala and pay De Ligt with the money you get from Manzo,Khedira,Matuidi and Cuadrado.
Also what with Higuain?
Do we need a Forward if Sarri will play Ronaldo as Winger? we only have Kean if we sell Higuain and Mandzukic which are both aged
I don't think we'll be able to fund De ligt just selling those guys
Actually i'm not sure we can sell them at all

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
IMO Berna looks slow in both acceleration and sprint speed. At least if you consider the typical Sarri wingers. Calleron, Insigne, Hazard and Willian are all blazing fast compared to Bernadeschi. This is not to criticize Berna, I think he's a great player. But he would be better in the middle of everything than a flank.
I disagree. I don't see Insigne or Callejon being any faster than Berna. If you said that about Dybala, I'd definitely agree.

- - - Updated - - -

You overestimate how much money will selling those get
In transfer fees it won't be that much but it'll be a lot in wages and that has to be taken into account. Two different things but same money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)