Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (38 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
What we need is a clear identity, WC players or someone who is clearly going to become one very quickly and remove anyone who's not good with the ball and can only do one thing well.

It doesn't matter if Toni Kroos is 29, he's a top 5 midfielder in the world and if we can get him, we get him. Doesn't matter that Cavani is 32, he's a beast and so hungry in every game, just like Tevez was. We need high character guys, someone with an attitude on the pitch. It was so painful to see Emre freaking Can yelling at 9 teammates to wake up and start pressing and fighting against Ajax. That would never happen with Lichtsteiner, Tevez, Marchisio, Vidal, etc.

I want to have that kind of a team again. Now we're so bland, I have no confidence in 90% of the team to push against adversity, no one with balls.
I do not agree with that. This is an interpretation of a person thinking that if we don't win the CL next season we should disband the club, namely a desperate. The club policy of investing in young players and bring the more experienced on bosman is correct.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think you exaggerate. You think other teams are programmed machines? This is football, let's not overcomplicate it. Plus, in football you take advantage of your opponent's mistakes which cannot be foreseen. As Agnelli said, we have climbed like 40 places in the UEFA rankings, currently being on the fifth place, we don't have to start from scratch. We got beaten by Ajax but we were missing four key players and lost Dybala after the first half making it 5. Don't dramatize.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
The signs have been there for quite some time. I'm sorry I can't help you if you fail to see the obvious. Those four key players you mention, aside from Chiellini, wouldn't have made a difference. Mandzukic has been shit for months now. Khedira wouldn't have survived the intensity. What other key players are you talking about? Cuads is off the CL list, and has been missing for months anyway, and Costa could've been effective, but that's not a guarantee.

I'm not exaggerating. You're oversimplifying it.

Shitty football in most of our games? Check
Lack of a clear attacking gameplan? Check
Insane amount of injuries? Check
We try to limit the opponents instead of imposing our style of play (whatever that style may be) and that in itself is a problem. We should be forcing our opponents into making mistakes, but our approach is so passive at times.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
When the season started, I bet whoever faced Costa, Ronaldo, Dybala, Berna - was shitting their pants. Add in-form wonder Kean into that mix and a veteran as Mandzu with whom Ronaldo played some of his best games in our shirt - it hardly could get any better.

Injuries fucked us hard, that's a fact.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juventus are prepared to offer €120m to sign Federico Chiesa & Nikola Melinkovic from Fiorentina. [La Nazione]

- - - Updated - - -

When the season started, I bet whoever faced Costa, Ronaldo, Dybala, Berna - was shitting their pants. Add in-form wonder Kean into that mix and a veteran as Mandzu with whom Ronaldo played some of his best games in our shirt - it hardly could get any better.

Especially Douglas Costa and Chiellini

Mar 3, 2014
The closest Gasperini ever came to a club like Juve was Inter. he went 0/5 and was sacked in September and you want this guy to replace a coach who wins the double every year and has twice taken us as underdogs to CL finals.:howler:
I don’t know whether he would be capable or not, but managers do evolve over a period of 14 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 3, 2014
This. Playing Ronaldo as a left winger is too complex for us. We often see Mandzukic come back from his CF position to Ronaldo's side when defending. Ronaldo as a CF, free roaming around may be less effective for him, but it will bring more value to the team.
I don’t think you can play him as a sole striker though. He works in 2 player striker system but Ronaldo’s hold up play isn’t the best.

Mar 3, 2014

Definitely hurt but our midfield was the route cause. It’s depressing that we had Vidal Pirlo Pogba and Marchisio but just lacked attacking talent.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
I don’t think you can play him as a sole striker though. He works in 2 player striker system but Ronaldo’s hold up play isn’t the best.

I have the same idea as Salvo's:
He would
It depends how you interpret it, in a rigid formation it wouldnt work but in something like a 4 2 3 1 where the front 4 have the chance to swap and change as they please during the game it could work very well

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Verratti would be orgasmic, he would make our midfield great again.

But before we sign him we need to execute Folletti and Sassi ;)
Verratti and ramsey in the same window :tuttosport:

It would hurt so bad when they both get injured in March :disagree:

- - - Updated - - -

Some fitness coach. I only recognize the name from football manager tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)